It has been brought to my attention

TomHay

Best Tips For Less
Gold Member
Silver Member
It has been brought to my attention by email and notes put in Paypal notes that a very small group of people have been bad mouthing both my name and product, UltraSkin Layered Cue Tips.

I hate to find myself sinking to their level but feel if they have something to say let us bring it here as they tried to before in a post you might or might not remember.

My Health is very good, unlike they would lead you to believe

I started my venture on AZB and this is where they should be posting or stop.

I thank the people who contacted me on this and hope we will do business for years to come.

I thank the many that have made this a great 7 years for me.:

I am sorry for any disruption this may cause, I just don't get the problem they write of and since it is my name out there I feel like they should stop the bad mouthing as it is not the hit or play of the Tip they have a problem with.

My very best, sorry,
Tom

Last edited:

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Your product(s) and customer service have always been first-rate in my book. Tom, you could hand-out gold bars and some people would still b^*@h.

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Your tips are excellent and a bargin. You are a first class person / vendor. Disregard any negative posts. Some people will look for problems until they find one. If they can’t find one they will create one. Sorry about your health. Do the best you can.

Last edited:

jalapus logan

be all. and supports it to
Silver Member
Pull a Taylor Swift and Shake it Off, LOL. In all seriousness, people spew nonsense incessantly on the web. The truth is that you have great customer service and your tips are great and the price even better. In fact, I'm currently playing with your Ultraskin medium and have been for some years now. No complaints here and only best wishes.

Cheers,

Neil

Pangit

Banned
200w.gif

It's part of doing business, you can't please everyone. With that said, thin skins are easily *****ed, this should be interesting.

Icon of Sin

I can't fold, I need gold. I re-up and reload...
Silver Member
Never used one, so I don't have an opinion on them though...

When it comes to putting a product out to the public, not everyone is gonna like it. That's just the nature of business and retail. If everyone closed up shop because a few people didn't like their product then then the retail world would not exist.

Nature of the beast. Make something public, not everyone has to like it.

FWIW, a lot of great local players have recommended your tips to me. I've just found the perfect tip for me already and am too stubborn to try something else.

dvs

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
188 I trader 100% Says it all!!!

I have a friend who makes kitchen cabinets, when the customer inspects it he leaves a couple knobs slightly askew and a hinge or two requiring adjustment. When the customer "discovers" these they are proud of themselves for finding a problem and their inspection stops. He makes the quick fix and moves on. Too many people just look for an issue to complain about rather than appreciate the product they receive.

Of course, some craftsman are just not up to snuff, and deserve complaints.

Wishing you the very best of health.

Regards
dave

pool101

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Tom, I have cut off many of the top selling tips after a few months use because they glazed over and miscued. I switched to yours and have had the same tip for 18 months or so. I have also given some to friends who really like them. The only complained I have had was from an installer about the black dust when he cut it down to size.
If you are going to stop I need a heads up so I can buy enough to last me the rest of my life. That might be tomorrow but I hope not.
Let me know before you quit.
Mark

JoseV

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Had one of you're tips and used it over a year with heavy playing no glazing issues at all , i usually have them cut down half way but only remembering scuffing it once. Anyways i just replaced the med ultra skin this past Oct with a hard ultra skin.

Those two tips have not let me down yet. Keep up the good work.

Banger

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The tips and the service have been great, for me. I just ordered some more, last week. I even use UltraSkin tips on my house cues.

Kimmo H.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
As above posters have said, no matter how well you run your business there will always be someone to complain about something.

Your tips are decent and for the price I can surely see why they are as popular as they deservably are. In all honesty I don't play with your tips personally but I still like to keep some in stock for those who want a laminated tip that doesn't break the bank. I really do appreciate the work you have put in the tips and making the best of a very competetive market. Well done you and keep it up for as long as your health allows and the business makes a profit :cool: Forget about the few individuals who bash you. If they claim that your tips are not worth the price you can tell them to come up with a better tip for the same price point themselves and that you'll buy some for yourself ;)

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've never used your tips but I've seen world class players and HOF cuemakers get mercilessly attacked and trashed on this forum so you are in good company.

desi2960

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Tom, great guy

Tom your tips and service have been 100 percent witb me and all people i know that use your tips.

It's too bad that there are people that have only one skill, stirring up shit.

Knels

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Don't worry about it, tips are still going good. For the price, no one should have any illusions you're making a killing. Very reasonable, good luck with the health issues.

9BallKY

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have been playing with an ultra skin tip now for about 3 years and I can go through
10 of them for the price of one kamui. I have no complaints. You can't beat them for
the price. I doubt anyone else is going to offer as nice a tip for the price

rellek

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Tom,

I have been using your tips for a while now, I have not had any issues with them at all. The only complaint I have is that you don't make a Hard SIB tip. Thanks for making a solid product at a great price.

billiardthought

Anti-intellectualism
Silver Member
Didn't love the ultraskin, but really loved the SIB. Either way, you're a fantastic seller who does right the first time and doesn't mess about. Exactly how things should be handled.

You're first rate in every way.

ROB.M

:)
Silver Member
Toms tips

I’m not sure what this is about.... I’ve always got great products and customer service dealing with Tom.
Everyone has their opinion... in this case I think everyone should listen to momma’ momma says if you ain’t got nothing good to say then don’t say nothing at all.

Rob.M