TAR 21: Pagulayan vs Van Boening. THE REMATCH !!!

JCIN

TheActionReport.com
Gold Member
6072672276_9b6bc59c46_z.jpg

The Action Report is excited to announce TAR 21: Pagulayan vs Van Boening on September 23-25. This epic match between two world class players is a continuation in their ongoing rivalry that has given us some of the best matches in recent times.

In May of 2008 Shane and Alex played a race to 100 TAR match at the Riviera Hotel in Las Vegas. Shane dominated for the first two days and then Alex made what many have said was the best comeback performance ever. Down by 15 games on the final day he caught Shane at 92-92 and went on to win the match.

Since that day Shane has been waiting for his chance at a rematch and now it is here.

The match is a race to 100, Ten Ball played on a nine foot Diamond table. It will take place in the new TAR Studio located in Las Vegas, NV. The match will be played September 23-25. Match play will begin at 7 PM Eastern each day. The format is that they will play the first day until one reaches thirty five wins, second day until one gets to seventy wins and finish the set on the third day. It is a $10,000 per man entry fee. Winner takes all.

You can watch the entire match live as it happens via streaming Pay Per View on theactionreport.com . The price for the live coverage is $35 for a three day package or $15 per single day. The coverage will feature three camera coverage with camera operators to bring you all the angles. There will be a few seats available in the Studio but they will be extremely limited. Info on Studio seats will be available soon. The Pay Per View coverage will be available for purchase starting September 20.

TAR would like to thank our match sponsors Kamui Tips, CueSports International, Diamond Tables and Spot Clothing for all of their help and support in making this epic rematch possible. Special thanks to David "Viffer" Peat for his help in putting the match together. We hope you will join us September 23-25 for what is sure to be a historic clash of two great champions.

Thats the press release. This is from me personally:

I want to tank everyone here. Without this place and the people in it things like this would never happen.

If anyone has any questions or comments please post them up. I dont know whats happening with commentary yet but I am working on it. Its looking like we will have about ten to twelve seats in the Studio for the match. They will be expensive but there is no other place or atmosphere like what will happen in the Studio on those three days. As soon as we get a hard number on staff and player comps we will know where we are on the seating.

As I'm sure some will notice we raised our prices for the stream. We did our first PPV match September 14, 2007. The price was $25. We did our 20th match on March 18, 2011 and the price was $25. After almost four years it is time to bump the price. It amounts to $3.33 a day for the three day package. We have also increased our compensation to the players and have to pay camera operators. I think the product is still a fantastic value at the new price. Hopefully it will not keep anyone who wants to watch from joining us.

I have been waiting for this one ever since the Alex sunk the case ball in 2008. Its going to be epic.

Last edited:

Luxury

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Let's get ready to RUMBLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SVB baby. You know he is going to bear down every game no matter what the lead this time.

I recommend cutting holes at the fingertips of those gloves so you can grip the cloth better without feeling like you are going to slide on certain shots. Yep that's a free tip for Shane since I will be betting on him.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
I am so IN. I watched the first one and it was indeed historic. These two battling it out is going to be epic.

Psst.... did Dippy do the spelling on the poster? :)

Adding it to my blog so all my four readers can be informed!

Last edited:
Reactions: JAM

JCIN

TheActionReport.com
Gold Member
$3.33 / day? Isn't $35/3= $11.67/day or am I missing something :eek:

Yes to all questions.

In the past our three day package was $25. It is now $35. A difference of $10. $10 divided by 3 is $3.33. So it costs $3.33 more per day for the three day package than it did before.

Masirib5

Klaatu barada nikto
Silver Member
If Alex is rested this time it will make a big difference in his favor I think.

--Jeff

Apocalypse2017

Welcome to the resistance
Silver Member
No words can describe how i'm feeling...

Attachments

• WooHooBoobies.gif
    WooHooBoobies.gif
    90.5 KB · Views: 2,585
  • fatkid.gif
    fatkid.gif
    87.1 KB · Views: 2,550
  • carlton.gif
    carlton.gif
    95.7 KB · Views: 2,513

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Gold Member
Silver Member
Yes to all questions.

In the past our three day package was $25. It is now $35. A difference of $10. $10 divided by 3 is $3.33. So it costs $3.33 more per day for the three day package than it did before.

Not true!

One of the three days, the price will increase by $3.34, not $3.33. :D

Looking forward to this match. Nice going Justin. :thumbup:

Best,
Brian kc

1on1pooltournys

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Great news!

This should be a great match-up! I have the first TAR match and I must say it will be hard for them to top that epic comeback that Alex made.

Thanks Justin for doing what you do. Can't wait to see this match go down. :smile:

Mr Hoppe

Sawdust maker
Silver Member
Wheeeee . . . can't wait! The price is fair, especially given the upgrades that you have made, so don't sweat it. I'm tempted to consider a studio seat. Please post or PM when you have pricing.
Thanks.

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member
Equipment

How about the cloth, rails, balls & lighting (incadescent or flourescent) what's being used, and are the pockets cut the same as last time they played?
Table type?
Are the lights on the ceiling, or will the viewers have the over the table light feeling?
Sure hope there are mics picking up the balls entering the pockets, and is there going to be any background type poolroom music, I know the players during the Camel Tour wanted it.

Who's racking the balls?

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
$35.00 to watch two champions for three days (probably over 20 hrs of pool) is a very fair price. It cost $25 - $75 for one night (a few hours if it's not over in a few seconds) with other sports ppv's. Add your cable cost and taxes also. If pool is ever going to go big time people like TAR putting on the show need to make a profit doing it and betting on pool online needs to happen. Johnnyt

justadub

Rattling corners nightly
Silver Member
I agree, JohnnyT. This sure seems like a VERY fair price for the show. I just hope I'll have enough time to be able to watch some of it.

Best of luck with everything, Justin! I think you've got another hit...