Neils Feijen - 2017 Mosconi Cup

Mole Eye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I would guess his elbow injury had a lot to do with it, plus Europe has so many outstanding players. They've got a multitude to pick from.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Yes, his injury caused him to lighten his competitive load, so future hall of famer Feijen didn't earn one of the automatic qualifying spots, which went to Filler, Vandenberg and Souquet. Shaw was US Open 9-ball champion and was, therefore, an obvious wild-card choice and most felt that the final choice came down to Albin Ouschan and David Alcaide. Coach Chamat's choice was Alcaide, and David justified the choice by playing superb pool at the 2017 Mosconi Cup.

Though Souquet and Archer have many more Mosconi appearances, Niels might just be the best ever player at the Mosconi and I'm sure he'll be back on Team Europe soon enough.

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes, his injury caused him to lighten his competitive load, so future hall of famer Feijen didn't earn one of the automatic qualifying spots, which went to Filler, Vandenberg and Souquet. Shaw was US Open 9-ball champion and was, therefore, an obvious wild-card choice and most felt that the final choice came down to Albin Ouschan and David Alcaide. Coach Chamat's choice was Alcaide, and David justified the choice by playing superb pool at the 2017 Mosconi Cup.

Though Souquet and Archer have many more Mosconi appearances, Niels might just be the best ever player at the Mosconi and I'm sure he'll be back on Team Europe soon enough.

How did he injure the elbow?