carmeli cue reviews

mgonfishn

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
please write your review on how carmeli cues play, im interested in purchasing one, however, its solely on looks alone, before spending that kind of money, id like to know how they hit. If you can compare it to a prodcution cue, schon, predator etc.. please do so.. thank you!

Drawman623

Box Cue lover
Silver Member
Of course everyone has an opinion...mine on the subject of Carmeli cues is a very positive one.

They have superb playability and they tend to be a strong value for their price. Ariel has great talent and usually provides much more cue than others do for the same money. The hit of every Carmeli cue I have used is stiff and very consistent. The cue shoots the ball where I aim it.

As you pointed out, the cues are great looking. I bought a used Carmeli with some issues at the Super Billiards Expo. Ariel has been very supportive and is making upgrades at my request. On the strength of his cue's playability, beauty and his help with the used cue, I have ordered something very fancy from him.

So my review is sincere, I am putting my own cue bucks where my mouth is. I like Carmeli cues and would recommend them.

Chris Byrne

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
His cues are a very good value and have excelent fit, finish, execution. I have played with several and liked every one.

Carl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Great cue

I bought an AC after testing a bunch of cues at the Midwest Cue show last fall. I hit cues by James White, Blackcreek, Stacey, Sugartree, and several others. The AC felt the best of the lot -- well-balanced, solid, good feedback, and great workmanship. I was almost disappointed, since I was in the market for one of the other makers and not for an AC.

Always hard to say what makes one cue feel better on a given day than another, but the AC feels every bit as good today as it did last fall. I wouldn't hesitate to buy another.

As a side note, the experience at the Midwest made me a believer in the hit-before-buying-if-at-all-possible credo. I've bought most of my cues without testing them first and haven't had any bad experiences. I don't doubt that any of the cues I tested would play just fine. Maybe after a while I'd like one of them even better than the AC. But part of the enjoyment for me is the feel of the cue, not just the fact that it moves the cue ball where I want it to go. Testing different cues side-by-side is the way to go, if you have that luxury.

jazznpool

Superior Cues--Unchalked!
Gold Member
Silver Member
As an authorized Ariel Carmeli cue dealer, I can offer to ship the AC cue with a cube of tan chalk. The buyer can carefully play 10-15 minutes worth with the cue and if the cue doesn't work, they can call me and ship the cue back for a full refund less all shipping. I have a large selection of AC cues in all price ranges. More people are finding out that they are consistently good playing cues that tend to stay straight.

Martin

I bought an AC after testing a bunch of cues at the Midwest Cue show last fall. I hit cues by James White, Blackcreek, Stacey, Sugartree, and several others. The AC felt the best of the lot -- well-balanced, solid, good feedback, and great workmanship. I was almost disappointed, since I was in the market for one of the other makers and not for an AC.

Always hard to say what makes one cue feel better on a given day than another, but the AC feels every bit as good today as it did last fall. I wouldn't hesitate to buy another.

As a side note, the experience at the Midwest made me a believer in the hit-before-buying-if-at-all-possible credo. I've bought most of my cues without testing them first and haven't had any bad experiences. I don't doubt that any of the cues I tested would play just fine. Maybe after a while I'd like one of them even better than the AC. But part of the enjoyment for me is the feel of the cue, not just the fact that it moves the cue ball where I want it to go. Testing different cues side-by-side is the way to go, if you have that luxury.

Trav D

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
As an authorized Ariel Carmeli cue dealer, I can offer to ship the AC cue with a cube of tan chalk. The buyer can carefully play 10-15 minutes worth with the cue and if the cue doesn't work, they can call me and ship the cue back for a full refund less all shipping. I have a large selection of AC cues in all price ranges. More people are finding out that they are consistently good playing cues that tend to stay straight.

Martin

Can't beat that offer at all. I am going to try one of the Carmelis one day hopefully also. A friend of mine had one recently and I got to hit a few balls with it and was impressed.

Joshua70

german oak
Silver Member
first time I read "plays like a McDermot"!

I play a AC08 (amboyna in ebony) and never had a cue playing and hitting like that.
I met with a buddy and plaid with about 20 to 30 cues of his collection (e.g. JMW,Klein, BCM, Michael Vollmer).
None of them did reach my personal taste- the Carmeli does!. Even this collector said, that it plays very very good (in Germany this means f*** great- lights out).
Just one cue impressed me more than my AC- th damned 8 point recut Vollmer of my buddy Big Tattoo.
Those days I´ll get my BB RS 3 and I´m excited to compare them...

• Wow
Reactions: DEA

Andreiyf47

Registered
hello Martin,
I saw your website and have a question why some of your AC cues price are too much lower than any AC cues price that I found. the reason is other AC cue dealer get more profit or some other reason?

Joshua70

german oak
Silver Member
most of my buddies preferred the lower one for playability. I do like both, but the upper (right) one needs even more attention at play.

samsarakid24

A Little TWISTED !!!!!
Silver Member
Carmeli

Here is Mine, made in 2005 and has been my #1 Player since I bought it.
I have owned and tried lots of cues but for my game nothing else has been able to de-throne it for the Top Spot in the arsenal.
I would be happy to give you some inside info on Carmeli cues if you want send me a pm and we'll talk.

Thanks..........Paul

Attachments

• IMG_0054_2.jpg
    IMG_0054_2.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 4,440
  • IMG_0053_2.jpg
    IMG_0053_2.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 4,163
  • IMG_0052.jpg
    IMG_0052.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 4,275
  • IMG_0063.jpg
    IMG_0063.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 4,194
  • IMG_0051.jpg
    IMG_0051.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 4,449

jmurphy

SWEET
Silver Member
I have to say my Carmeli plays lights out. I started playing with this cue and then immediately I called Him and ordered another on from scratch.

I wish I knew how to take better photos but here is current Player.

Attachments

• AC cue.jpg
    AC cue.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 4,191
  • AC Forearm.jpg
    AC Forearm.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 4,263
  • AC Butt 2.jpg
    AC Butt 2.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 4,086
  • AC ring & inlay.jpg
    AC ring & inlay.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 4,095

jmurphy

SWEET
Silver Member
Here are photos of what Ariel is going to build for me. It wont be exactly the same but very close.

Attachments

• AC Cue.jpg
    AC Cue.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 4,002
  • AC Butt.jpg
    AC Butt.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 3,959
  • AC Forearm.jpg
    AC Forearm.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 3,954
  • AC Nose.jpg
    AC Nose.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 4,148

Ty Arnold

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I purchased a merry widow type carmeli cue from Martin Bick at www.superiorcues.com 10 months ago(brazilian kingwood). It is my daily player and it shoots GREAT. Carmeli is known for great playing cues and I have to agree that mine plays great also. Carmeli makes great looking cues with visibly top notch wood and construction(flawless and perfectly straight). And I can testify that even his lower priced cues shoot lights out. Martin has a large selection of ariel carmeli cues on his website. And I can tell you from experience that Martin gives great service.

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
they are great cues that are about the best priced cues for the amount of work/quality in them, a similar black Boar is $20,000, a Gilbert is probably $5000. I have played with a few of them and they feel fantastic-You cant go wrong buying one or odrering one. Great cues, great cue maker, what more can you ask for???

CrownCityCorey

Sock it to 'em!
Silver Member
Each and every one of Ariel's cues I have shot with has played (hit) superbly.

At a time when I could have played with any number of very nice "sponsored" (free) cues, I instead chose to purchase my playing cue from Ariel Carmeli.

As I am also an authorized Carmeli Cues dealer, I have several on the way.

scsuxci

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i've tried a few and they seem to play like mcdermotts. not my flavor at all
Totally agree with this comment.The cues look great,great finish but for me lacked in playability for my game.Alot of deflection unless you tweek the shafts.The one Carmelli that played well ,the guys shaft was under 12mm with more of a euro taper and black phenolic ferrule,it played alot better.If you don't mind deflection ,then all the other aspects of a great cue are in a Carmelli.Goodluck

James2003

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Martin

Do you have any payment options? I saw on your site that you will have more in December 2015 If I am not able to buy the Gilbert's back that I designed a Carmeli is one cue I will be looking at. I have seen several I just love but of course can not buy them all.