Best Pool Teaching Aids

PoolSleuth

Banned
Thought I would ask the question what folk thought were the BEST Teaching Aid to improve your Pool Game

My Votes go for:

Robert Bryne VHS Tapes Volumes # 1 & 2 For Basic Instruction

Monk Tapes 202 Volume I, II, and II for Kicking and Banking.

desert1pocket

Registered Fish
Silver Member
For me it was the booklet that went with the Glenn Bond practice drill video. He didn't sell many of them, but the few that he did sell are probably still floating around in your neck of the woods. The section on speed control is priceless for learning better safeties or one pocket shots. JMO

Gregg

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
PoolSleuth said:
Thought I would ask the question what folk thought were the BEST Teaching Aid to improve your Pool Game

My Votes go for:

Robert Bryne VHS Tapes Volumes # 1 & 2 For Basic Instruction

Monk Tapes 202 Volume I, II, and II for Kicking and Banking.

Nothing in my vast arsenal comes remotely close.

randyg

www.randygpool.com
Silver Member
Thanks Scotty:
In School we use:

Elephant Balls
Rubber Bands
Joe Tucker's 3rd Eye Trainer
Red Dots
Golf Tees
Video Review
Workbooks

randyg

RBLilly

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Your Welcome

I look forward to comming back for even more training. Are you back home yet? I was wondering if you checked your schedule for me.

pooltchr

Prof. Billiard Instructor
Silver Member
I couldn't agree more!

Pool Cue - $500
Cue Case -$300
Jump Cue - $200
3 days at Cue-Tech - PRICELESS!
Steve

TheConArtist

Daddy's A Butcher
Silver Member
watching pool on t.v for me, never really tried or used any training aids more self taught like it that way although i heard getting instructors and such can take years off your game. ... Rubber Bands?

asiasdad

Banned
for me it would be those little round paper donuts used to protect the holes of the pages in a 3 ring binder, and that 1/2 or 3/4 inch white medical tape. the donuts for marking the ball position (and the ball sits nicely centered each time in the hole), and the tape can be marked for follow and draw distance control. right now I mark the tape at every 12 inch intervals.

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
asiasdad said:
for me it would be those little round paper donuts used to protect the holes of the pages in a 3 ring binder, and that 1/2 or 3/4 inch white medical tape. the donuts for marking the ball position (and the ball sits nicely centered each time in the hole), and the tape can be marked for follow and draw distance control. right now I mark the tape at every 12 inch intervals.

We use those in pool school too! Excellent, inexpensive little tools!

Scott Lee
www.poolknowledge.com

PoolSleuth

Banned
asiasdad said:

Holly CRAP asiasdad we agree on sometihng as I alway have "those little round paper donuts" in my Cue Case for practice...:rolleyes:

Blackjack

Illuminati Blacksmack
Silver Member
For me, its my cue case. When I'm not playing particularly well, I unscrew my cue, put it in my case... problem solved.

Seriously... the best training aid that I ever had was watching Buddy Hall and attempting to mimic his cue ball control. 20 years later I can say that it was worth every penny and every minute that I sat in the chair.

TheBook

Ret Professional Goof Off
Silver Member
Capelle's and Bob Henning stuff. Bob's Pro books and video's are the best to complement lessons from a BCA instructor.

chefjeff

If not now...
Silver Member
Hanging out with my buddy who hates to lose more than I do. He doesn't let me get away with being slothful in my execution: "How do you expect to beat the good guys if you let the chumps beat you?!?"

Jeff Livingston