Places to play in Bellingham, Wa.

thebigdog

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Does anyone know about any pool halls in Bellingham? I am going to be working there for the next 2 months and would like to find a poolroom to play at.

lunchmoney

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Come to Mount Vernon

There is one pool hall in Bellingham, fairly new and not much going on. I live in Mount Vernon and play at Riverside Billiards and Blues (360-848-9767). There are 12 9-foot tables and they play well. Lots of friendly people and action to be found. Mount Vernon is about 30 miles south of Bellingham. A lot of the Bellingham players come and play in Mount Vernon when looking for a game. Are you going to be working in the refineries? I'd like to meet and play you some. Send me a PM if you want some more information.

Lunchmoney

Rude Dog

<---Dumb and Dumber
I used to live in Bellingham and there used to be a place called, not sure how to spell it but it sounded like this, Chichetti's. There was never any action in there and I got kicked out for saying a cuss word. Well, more than 1 after they kicked me out. :D Peace, John.

lunchmoney

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rude Dog said:
I used to live in Bellingham and there used to be a place called, not sure how to spell it but it sounded like this, Chichetti's. There was never any action in there and I got kicked out for saying a cuss word. Well, more than 1 after they kicked me out. :D Peace, John.

Rude Dog, that place has been closed for several years now. The only hall in Bellingham is on the same street but in the downtown area. It just opened up a few months ago. Parking is a real problem there. Nice tables not much action. When did you live in Bellingham? Chichetti's probably kicked you out because of your 200 mph break LOL.

Lunchmoney

Rude Dog

<---Dumb and Dumber
lunchmoney said:
Rude Dog, that place has been closed for several years now. The only hall in Bellingham is on the same street but in the downtown area. It just opened up a few months ago. Parking is a real problem there. Nice tables not much action. When did you live in Bellingham? Chichetti's probably kicked you out because of your 200 mph break LOL.

Lunchmoney
I lived there for about a year and a half back in 95-96, not sure which year it was. I lived about a mile from Chichetti's. The reason I got kicked out was because I was watching some guy shoot and he made an incredible, but lucky, shot, and I said "Damn, whatta f'n shot." Some guy was behind the counter and he said I wasn't allowed to cuss but I really thought he was joking, so I laughed it off. Then he told me that if I thought it was funny then I could leave. So, I asked him if he was serious because I still thought he was joking, lol. He then puffed up his chest and told me to get out. I thought to myself, "Wow, what kind of joint is this?" "I'm sittin' here minding my own business and I'm gettin' kicked out?" So, you can imagine the rest. It was bizzare to say the least. Funny thing is, I had about $30,000 on me at the time and was in the mood to donate because I hadn't played in a couple of years. Oh well, I'm glad to hear that the place closed down. :D Peace, John.

lunchmoney

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm pretty sure I the know who the counter man was, he alienated people on occasion.... Did you ever play in any of the Stromboli Cup Tournaments? A lot of good players used to show up for those, both American and Canadian. Jennifer Chen used to play there too before turning pro.

Lunchmoney

actionplayer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I will be in Bellingham this month for work and possibly moving there for good
whats teh line on the pool scene in Bellingham now?

Banks

Banned
I think there was a recent thread, may be searchable. Could be something on the western bca Facebook page, too. Sure a couple regulars here will also help you out.

yankeepapa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
pool in B'ham

There are no pool halls in Bellingham.

I would recommend the "Village Inn Pub and Eatery" on Northwest Ave.
Four 8' tables, fast and well maintained.

Weekly 9 and 8 ball tourneys. Monthly 9 ball ($35) tourney that attracts very sporty players from Seattle to Vancouver. Calcutta bidding on stronger players is usually in the high tens figures.

Unless you play even with Stan Tourangeau or Rafael Martinez, you will be warmly welcomed.

Village Inn's owner is an AZBer active in the For Sale sub.

pete

actionplayer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There are no pool halls in Bellingham.

I would recommend the "Village Inn Pub and Eatery" on Northwest Ave.
Four 8' tables, fast and well maintained.

Weekly 9 and 8 ball tourneys. Monthly 9 ball ($35) tourney that attracts very sporty players from Seattle to Vancouver. Calcutta bidding on stronger players is usually in the high tens figures.

Unless you play even with Stan Tourangeau or Rafael Martinez, you will be warmly welcomed.

Village Inn's owner is an AZBer active in the For Sale sub.

pete

awesome thanks, what day are the tournaments on?
I will be there tonight and tomorrow

Catahula

I said "SIT!"
Silver Member
Village Inn

Nothing but league going on during the week. Weekly money shoot on Saturday night's. Once a month big (for us) 9-ball tourney. If you stop in talk to Ken (KRBSailing on AZ). He's the owner and a rather stand-up guy if I do say so, Wednesday night is BCA league.
Tommy

Johnny Danger

Registered
Village Inn

The village just started running sunday tournaments 20$ + $5 GF.
I recently just moved back to bellingham from Florida and this is the closest thing to a pool hall in my opinion.