XBOX/PS3 Pool Games?

teedotaj

teedot oohhhhhh
Silver Member
Anyone have good videogame titles for pool? :p

:grin: I know it may sound nerdy but....sometimes...you just can't get to a pool hall and play video games instead..so might as well play pool in video games! haha!

what games are good out there? I have an xbox but let's include PS3 and Wii in the discussion as well.

I've googled them and I came across with Bankshot Billiards and World Championship Pool. Are they any good?

These games probably will not help stroke and all that stuff but it can help with run out patterns.

mrkaylor

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have the pool game include with Wii Play... It SUCKS! Everytime I get more than 5 feet from my 52" tv it tells me I should be closer.

Sarnia Shorty

He's going to the bag
Silver Member
I own virtual pool for the xbox and for the PC. It is probably the best pool game I have played though there isn't really a huge selection. Tons of different games in it and the shot mechanics seem to be pretty close to where they should be.

justadub

Rattling corners nightly
Silver Member
I got Pool Hall Pro for the Wii for my Christmas present from my kids this year. I haven't gotten a chance to play any of the "tour" or campaign stuff, just exhibition matches to try it out. It seems pretty cool. Of course, with the Wii you have real motion to account for, which is what interested me in this one, instead of ones for XBox of PS2/3 systems, which we also have. My issue with the Wii game is that I haven't gotten the cue-style controller holders yet. None of the stores that sell games here locally have stocked them in recent memory, so I will have to order them online, which isn't a big deal, I just haven't gotten around to it so soon after Christmas yet. It is a little difficult aiming on the cue ball for english or draw holding the controller one-handed. Too much coffee, perhaps? :rolleyes:

The game seem decent. Speed, english, draw, all responsive with the Wii controller. I should know more in the next few weeks. It lets you play 8-Ball, 9-ball, billiards, snooker, lots of stuff. The reviews I read online complained of lack of options and music, stuff I wasn't worried about. (Customizing my character or his pool room? OK, I just wanna play....) Seems as tho they were more interested in the "game" aspect rather than playing pool to me. I like it just fine, for $20.

9 ball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
hustle kings which is a download from the playstation network store for $12 is an excellent game, the graphics are stunning and it lets you play 8 ball, 9 ball, straight pool, killer, cut throat and black ball to name a few with more that you can unlock as you play the game

SKILLZELITE

Universality
Gold Member
Silver Member
Hustle kings as mentioned above is the newest and best true to life pool game out there, but its exclusive only to ps3..

Xbox 360 has no pool games, and the wii pool game ive tried is mediocre imo..

Jude Rosenstock

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The very best one out there is called "Get Up Off Your Couch". It's a lot harder than any other videogame out there but the good thing is, it comes with a wireless pool cue. In fact, you don't even need to charge it before use. It's ready to go any time you want.

TheNewSharkster

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Xbox 360 has a new downloadable game called Inferno Pool. Seems pretty good as far as the physics go. My problem is that the tables you use are all worn down and ugly and the main game involves two players hitting balls in as fast as they can to send over to the other players table.

You can also play 8ball or 9ball as well so its not a huge deal. Try the demo out if you are Xbox Live.

softshot

Simplify
Silver Member
I have the pool game include with Wii Play... It SUCKS! Everytime I get more than 5 feet from my 52" tv it tells me I should be closer.

I agree and a pendulum stoke does not register you have to move the wiimote in a straight line... it's OK .. but could be so much more

softshot

Simplify
Silver Member
oh and GTA 4 lets you play 8 ball it's kinda fun on the PC.. I don't know how well it plays with a controller

snipershot

Go ahead.....run for it.
Silver Member
Xbox 360 has a new downloadable game called Inferno Pool. Seems pretty good as far as the physics go. My problem is that the tables you use are all worn down and ugly and the main game involves two players hitting balls in as fast as they can to send over to the other players table.

You can also play 8ball or 9ball as well so its not a huge deal. Try the demo out if you are Xbox Live.

Inferno pool is also available on the PS3. My son and I paly it fairly often, and at $10 you cant go wrong.

Joe

RafaReyes

Super Rafa
Silver Member
I agree

The very best one out there is called "Get Up Off Your Couch". It's a lot harder than any other videogame out there but the good thing is, it comes with a wireless pool cue. In fact, you don't even need to charge it before use. It's ready to go any time you want.

I have to completely agree with this one. There's no doubt this is the best one. Get out of your house and go to the real thing, interact with real people, and leave the couch alone.

snipershot

Go ahead.....run for it.
Silver Member
I have to completely agree with this one. There's no doubt this is the best one. Get out of your house and go to the real thing, interact with real people, and leave the couch alone.

Yeah, thats a great idea and all, but where Im at, the pool hall closes at midnight, whether there are paying customers or not, so I too am stuck playing a video game instead of really enjoying my great playing cues and the fellowship found at a pool room.

Joe

Cameron Smith

is kind of hungry...
Silver Member
If you have a PS3 you can order World Snooker Championship 2007 which includes a pool tour it I believe. You'd have to order from overseas as it was only released in europe. PS3's are region free if I understand correctly so it should play on yours.

These games tend to be a lot of fun. The animations leave a little something to be desired but they're functional.

donny mills

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
hustle kings which is a download from the playstation network store for $12 is an excellent game, the graphics are stunning and it lets you play 8 ball, 9 ball, straight pool, killer, cut throat and black ball to name a few with more that you can unlock as you play the game

Is it a game you can buy in a game store at the mall or just a download? Are you sure it's only for ps3?

Another main concern, is it rack your own or for each other? lol.

teedotaj

teedot oohhhhhh
Silver Member

Like it was said in the OP...sometimes you just cant get out so why not use what you have at your disposal? lol obviously there's nothing better than the real thing...just not everyone has the luxury of a pool table nearby.