Best One-Handed Players

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think we've all seen or heard of some great one-handed players. Personally, one of the best I ever saw was Ernie Morgan "The One Armed Bandit. " I saw him do an exhibition at the USF Student Union pool room back in the early 70's. I think he's got his bridge hand caught in a saw and lost some or all of his fingers. So he shot with a shorty cue and walked around the table like he was spear fishing. Ran *a lot* of balls that way. Then of course there are the stories of Ronnie Allen, Eddie Taylor, and Bucktooth. More recently, George Breedlove at the DCC put on a one-handed clinic.

So who is the best one-handed player, one-pocket or otherwise, that you've seen?

Lou Figueroa

Last edited:

justadub

Rattling corners nightly
Silver Member
I trust you've seen some of Jeesie Alred here on AZB and his YouTube clips.

Amazing stuff.

ignomirello

Tony IGGY
Silver Member
How about Scott Simonetti from NJ/NY Area?

Scott Simonetti - Last year in the Tri-State tour finished 2nd in overall points.

I would love to see a tournament for guys like this!

I bet we would all learn alot about pool & Heart watching them play against each other.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Best player was Michael "Geese" Gerace. He could draw his rock an entire table length without his cue touching the table. That is strong!:cool:

poolandpokerman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Miami, he was a money player years ago, played even, but got 2 to 1 on money, he would rob most players with that game.

Geometric

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't know how he rates among the players already named, but I have to add Clarence Bell aka "BUCKY BELL". I kept hearing his name in pool rooms and I finally got to meet him and watch him play one year at the Lexington All Star Open years ago......I saw a little skinny man sittin by himself away from all of the tables holding a solid black plain cue with a pink rabbit sticker on the butt. He didn't even have a pool case. I said hi to him and he was very nice and conversational.....I got to watch him play Mark Masden one pocket and he had to play one-handed. I think they were playing 100-200 a game, I am not sure on that, but I watched them play for hours and I have never seen anybody draw the ball from the middle of the table like he did. Bucky got the cash and had great cue ball control. So my vote would have to be for Bucky.

whitewolf

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
When in Vegas I saw a guy who looked like Allen Hopkins (body build etc.) giving an A player 3 or 4 balls in one pocket and robbing him. I was just amazed at how well he shot. Just wish I could remember his name.

cleary

Honestly, I'm a liar.
Silver Member
"Flaco" in NYC plays very good jackup pool.

I saw a guy a few months back in Canton, Ohio play one handed one pocket flawlessly. It really was unbelievable. I didn't catch his name but I won't forget his face!

Tony_in_MD

You want some of this?
Silver Member
Second vote for Geese!

Best player was Michael "Geese" Gerace. He could draw his rock an entire table length without his cue touching the table. That is strong!:cool:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

Bambu

Dave Manasseri
Silver Member
My partner has ran 100 balls with one hand, living legend John Hasci. He's not genuinely one handed though. Not sure if having amputated fingers counts, but John only has a thumb and and a couple of stumps on his shooting hand. If you look close you can see the sling he needs to hold the cue.

untitled.jpg

Last edited:

Mojocues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
"flaco" in nyc plays very good jackup pool.

I saw a guy a few months back in canton, ohio play one handed one pocket flawlessly. It really was unbelievable. I didn't catch his name but i won't forget his face!

i seen smiley that is talked about in mike maseys trick shot book play in youngstown ohio

run 3 racks of 9 ball on a shimed 9' diamond jacked up , breaks included .. Then he stopped he didnt try a 4th

ive been lucky enough to see niels , putnam , varner , and archer

play in person and this guy could match any ones speed based on what i saw

Bigdogbret

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I agree that Jesse Allred is the best one handed player in the game today. So far, no one has stepped up and beat him!

JesseAllred

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've heard that Lou Butera ran over a hundred balls one-handed. (and he did it pretty fast too) does anyone know what the record is for straight pool one-handed?

edit: don't be getting me into trouble BigDog, there's probably more guys who can play one-handed than we can imagine. It's pretty easy to get good at.

Last edited: