Short 2 rail bank

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'd feel the shot. If I were playing bank pool the angle looks like it lays better for 3 in the other side.

Edit, to make in your pocket it looks to me like a full hit, extreme outside, and pocket speed.

Last edited:

Neil

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Will you explain. Thanks in advance.

Explain what visuals, or explain how to use CTE/Pro 1? If you don't know how to use CTE, telling you the visuals won't mean anything to you. And, I'm not about to explain how to use CTE here. There's DVD's and a lot of post to do that.

BRussell

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You could imagine another table corner-to-corner with the real one, and shoot for that table's side pocket.

ROB.M

:)
Silver Member
Table

A golf player would love this shot to get out.

Rob.M

Last edited:

freddy the beard

Freddy Bentivegna
Silver Member
it wouldnt be fair to freddy to give you the system
but how to go two rails in the side and more is covered in his book
http://bankingwiththebeard.com/?p=237
there is also a dvd
recommended highly:)

Thanks anyway bbb. I'll post it up myself. These are only 2 pages out of the book. There are still 218 more that are available.

Beard

Attachments

• Pages from Bnkng WBeard 2009 New  (486 x 600).jpg
    Pages from Bnkng WBeard 2009 New (486 x 600).jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 1,216
  • Pages from Banking W-Beard New 2008 (486 x 600).jpg
    Pages from Banking W-Beard New 2008 (486 x 600).jpg
    49 KB · Views: 1,235

fool4pool

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi Joe,

I gotta hand it to "Used 2 B Rich" !

That 3 rail bank into the opposite side is the way 2 go!

The two rail is so difficult that I don't even bother practicing it much.
However when U go for 3 rails that object ball is coming into a wide
open side pocket.

Noel

quadrary

Custom Leather Cue Cases
Silver Member
Hi Joe,

I gotta hand it to "Used 2 B Rich" !

That 3 rail bank into the opposite side is the way 2 go!

The two rail is so difficult that I don't even bother practicing it much.
However when U go for 3 rails that object ball is coming into a wide
open side pocket.

Noel

I guess its just me but I would be a high percentage better from there 2 rails than 3 and I do both fairly well. that line center ob through center cb is 2 and 3/4 diamonds from the side aim for 7/8 of the way to the first diamond on the short rail and its in the side.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just an FYI, the table is not a 9' table in the pic. I tried setting up the shot on my 9' to try it out, and the angle was completely different if I put the balls near their diamond intersections...

quadrary

Custom Leather Cue Cases
Silver Member
Just an FYI, the table is not a 9' table in the pic. I tried setting up the shot on my 9' to try it out, and the angle was completely different if I put the balls near their diamond intersections...

all I play on are 9' tables but as long as its a standard 2 to 1 ratio that line should be the same

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
all I play on are 9' tables but as long as its a standard 2 to 1 ratio that line should be the same

Yeah, if you use the diamonds on the rails and draw a line between them and each ball, and use that line for placing the balls on a 9' table, the angle is the same.

But if you use the "cross hairs" on the table, and use the same crosshairs on a 9' table (I actually have the cross hairs drawn on mine with tailors chalk), the angle is way different.

You can see on my 9' table trying to use the ball spacing off the grid lines, the angle is way steeper.

9e6yjygu.jpg

Last edited:

Tennesseejoe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks to all for the responses. I have Freddies books, understand Dr. Dave's Plus 2 system, been to Stan's home for an 8 hour course in Pro One, etc. I found my problem was that speed variations distorted my intended target path.

I wasn't just trying to go to the side pocket as in a Golf game. But in some One Pocket situations my target may be closer to the cue ball by the side pocket. Why? Because after the 1 ball comes off the 3rd rail it may go to the intended pocket in the upper left corner or at least off the cluster of balls and carom to my pocket. ( If someone knows how to draw lines in this table, please let me know.)

To determine these variations I put page hole protectors at the original cue ball and at the 1 ball. Then I shot this with a variety of speeds and very quickly got a better feel for these shots.

Thanks again for your help.

Banks

Banned
I wasn't just trying to go to the side pocket as in a Golf game. But in some One Pocket situations my target may be closer to the cue ball by the side pocket. Why? Because after the 1 ball comes off the 3rd rail it may go to the intended pocket in the upper left corner or at least off the cluster of balls and carom to my pocket. ( If someone knows how to draw lines in this table, please let me know.)

If you could 3-rail that consistently enough without catching the points, I'd be impressed. I don't see it going without the carom, though. That just opens you up for all kinds of responses. At least, from my limited 1P experience.. so.. yeah. Maybe with a fast table with spongy rails it could get a wider angle on the 3rd rail, but I don't think it would go on the Valleys I play on. Maybe 5 rails in the corner. :eek: