The Best 3 Ball Break On A Bar Box

Cuaba

Livin Large
Silver Member
No Such Thing

pletho said:
What is the best break playing 3 ball on a bar box............

You will get several different answers to this question. Which proves my point.

PS: Cigardave, I'm lighting up a Cuaba Generoso right now.

cigardave

Who's got a light?
Silver Member
Cuaba said:
PS: Cigardave, I'm lighting up a Cuaba Generoso right now.

Go for it brother... herf on!!!... my top shelf selection awaits my return from work and the pool hall this evening... ;)

pletho

NON "ACTION KNOCKER"
Silver Member
There are always best ways of doing things, my question is what is the best way found to break a 3 ball rack, or better the best method, for EXAMPLE: What TYPE OF english, placement of cue ball behind head string, angle to hit rack, speed, ect... I KNOW how to play three ball on a 4 x 8 the coreect method to win consitantly, but any know of the correct way on a 3 X 7, it is different because the tables's angles are different....

Icon of Sin

I can't fold, I need gold. I re-up and reload...
Silver Member
Breaking from the the headstring on either far side of the Break box with half a tip under center inside englsh.

Thats what I always do.

Icon of Sin

I can't fold, I need gold. I re-up and reload...
Silver Member
pletho said:
There are always best ways of doing things, my question is what is the best way found to break a 3 ball rack, or better the best method, for EXAMPLE: What TYPE OF english, placement of cue ball behind head string, angle to hit rack, speed, ect... I KNOW how to play three ball on a 4 x 8 the coreect method to win consitantly, but any know of the correct way on a 3 X 7, it is different because the tables's angles are different....
Angles arnt differrent really. the barbox is 3.5 x 7. It's proportional. What works on one angle wise should work on another... should at least.

pletho

NON "ACTION KNOCKER"
Silver Member
believe me they react differently, i have played alot of 3ball on 4x8 valley bar box with a slightly larger ball, not a muddball, just a ball that is heavier for return purposes, these tables are popular in south, but in the midwest it is all bar box 3x7 and the return angles are diff the ball tracks run diff.. but thank you for your input i will try it out........

Snapshot9

son of 3 leg 1 eye dog ..
Silver Member
3 ball break

There are several, and which one to use depends on how the table is?

Sometimes you can not make a ball from one side, but switch sides and they start falling with the same break on the opposite side. Sometimes, you have to change the angle with the cue ball some.

I have made 7 aces in 46 years of playing, but did not play 3 ball like they do here until about 20 years ago. Years ago, down in Texas, they played it racked in a small triangle, instead of vertical alignment.

Shooters here had a 3 ball tournament every night for a long long time. They were getting up to 24-40 players every night. The pot kept building and building, guys kept playing and playing, finally it reached about $8,400, and some guy that lives about 30-40 miles from Wichita was in town, and got in the 3 ball tourney, and hit the ace. Talk about b****ing and moaning ...

Not only was the pot building, but it was paying $100 for 1st, $50 for 2nd, $25 for 3rd, and $10 for 4th every night. They held it at 10 pm every night except Sunday.

Last edited:

pletho

NON "ACTION KNOCKER"
Silver Member
Yes that is what is starting to happen in Kansas City, every wednesday night at sidepockets north a 3 ball tournament, they rack them in a triangle like they do down south where i used to live........ they have a ACE jackpot that is progressive also........

breakin8

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
pletho said:

Just wanted to let you know pool tables are half as wide as they are long. 3.5x7 4x8 4.5x9. The angles do not change just your perception of the angle. There isn't a pool table on this planet that is 3x7.:cool: :cool: