Southwest cue?

9ballneophyte

Registered
I got this stick at a pawn shop and all research leads me here. The owner of the local pool hall said its 3/8 radial pin 8 count idk? I'm not sure but I think its 13 mm shaft. Six points offset 3 veneer inlays butt 6 lines 3 veneers and 4 silver rings. Only came with 1 shaft. My main hobby is bmx. Its a lot easier to id bike with stamps and serial #'s to determine year and maker. Pool sticks seem alot harder to id. It has no marking on butt, fore arm or anywhere that I can see. Nobody at the pool hall could determine anything. Any help would be appreciated

DSCF5132.jpg

DSCF5110.jpg

DSCF5136.jpg

DSCF5133.jpg

DSCF5138.jpg

DSCF5142.jpg

DSCF5143.jpg

DSCF5145.jpg

JCIN

TheActionReport.com
Gold Member
Its not a South West.

Looks to be a production cue of some type probably an import. Someone here may have a better of idea what it is. I only know what it isn't. Good luck with the search.

9ballneophyte

Registered
Thats cool its not all that important is or not. I found out that the dude who pawned said it it was a Southwest. People at the local pool hall knew who's it was.

I got it very cheap. I talked to a buddy from Houston and said the same thing. Its probably an imported cue.

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am not a cue expert but it looks very close to a line of pretty good Chinese made cues sold as "Omega". If you paid under a $100 I would say you got a fair deal. If you paid under $50 you got a great deal. The Omega cues sell for around $130 new on the net.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
yep. go to BilliardWarehouse's site and check Omega. Very nice,Chinese copy of SW cue. Nice cue for 149.00 new.

9ballneophyte

Registered
use it while and then give it to some kid who wants to learn to play
That what I'm going to do give it to my nephew. I'm new to cues what advice would yall give me in selecting a quality cue? Some mentioned cheap import, knock off where do I look? Like I said my main hobby is bmx collecting I can spot a quality name brand from a cheap department store knock off easy. I just dont have that eye in cues.

Ken_4fun

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
use it while and then give it to some kid who wants to learn to play

Excellent idea.

It would be a great starter cue.

As far as how can you tell? :rolleyes: Lay a Southwest cue next to it and it will become blatantly obvious.

Personally, this is a good exercise for alot of folks, lay a Gus, or a Schick next to some cue you think is really nice and look at the veneer work.

JMO

Ken

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Its like buying a dress shirt for $20 and it looks good until you lay a $100 shirt next to it and notice the fine cloth and attention to detail.
Or sit inside a Honda and then sit inside a Mercedes.
Thats the difference between low end production cues and high end customs.
My Lucasi and Pechauer cues look pretty good until I put them next to a high end custom cue and the difference is startling. Playability is a whole different story.
But with all that said for $40 you did not get hurt and I have heard they play pretty good. Certainly a great cue to take to the bar.

9ballneophyte

Registered
I'd like to thank everyone for their input. I got another cheap cue that feels and hit a lot better. Imo looks better than the Omega. Btw the Omega went to my nephew.

Heres a few pics of my other cue 5/16 18.

DSCF5147.jpg

DSCF5150.jpg

DSCF5149.jpg