Players HXTP Pure X Jump/Break Cue

superflychief

Registered
I'm concidering getting my first jump/break cue as I don't really want to get 2 specialized cues at the moment. Has anybody had any experience with the new Players HXT cue? Right now I break with a cheapy old playing cue and don't jump. I've never really taken the time to learn but now that I have my own table, I want to spend some time learning. If not the players, then any other recommendations? Thanks!

Kaiser Bob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have one. I probably rate just above a banger but I do notice better breaks and more consistant pop and squats with the HXTP versus a house cue. Anyone that's tried my cue also agrees it's better then a house cue for breaking if that means anything.

* I have a Pechauer Break cue coming and I'll compare the two when it arrives.

David Marcus

"not bad,for a blind man"
Silver Member
I'm concidering getting my first jump/break cue as I don't really want to get 2 specialized cues at the moment. Has anybody had any experience with the new Players HXT cue? Right now I break with a cheapy old playing cue and don't jump. I've never really taken the time to learn but now that I have my own table, I want to spend some time learning. If not the players, then any other recommendations? Thanks!
I have one, hated it at first,(never had used a phenolic tip), I had a white diamond put on it and now I love it. It's by far the most versatile cue out there. So many various configurations, all with quick release joints. You just need to experiment with it and I think you will find it worth the investment. It is truly 2 cues in one...actually 5 cues in one!!!

Kaiser Bob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have one, hated it at first,(never had used a phenolic tip), I had a white diamond put on it and now I love it. It's by far the most versatile cue out there. So many various configurations, all with quick release joints. You just need to experiment with it and I think you will find it worth the investment. It is truly 2 cues in one...actually 5 cues in one!!!

That's a good point, one of my buddies can get a monster break by taking the air flight section out. I tried it and you can get really good acceleration that way, I lose some accuracy that way personally...

Vahmurka

...and I get all da rolls
Silver Member
not so real carbon

decided not to make a new thread since I found this one.

Just an observation for someone considering a purchase.
My pal decided to have Players Pure X j/b shaft turned down because he wanted less thickness in his bridge. Done deal, but it showed that carbon ferrule under the tip is nothing more than a fancy imitation. The thing is so thin that it disappeared partially. I assume carbon at the joint is the same trick, though to tell for sure one has to dare and turn it down too :p
Phenolic tip of the cue is a pretty solid thing by itself, but take a note that carbon here is not what you expect it to be.