Bottom of ball aiming

RG1

Banned
Here is something i seen on this site over a year ago in the aiming section and i saved it. Its mostly meaningless but i thought it was interesting, so carry on.

A inside pivot will have C contact point – inside edge to B – ctel to outside edge of ob

Last edited:

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
Here is something i seen on this site over a year ago in the aiming section and i saved it. Its mostly meaningless but i thought it was interesting, so carry on.

A inside pivot will have C contact point – inside edge to B – ctel to outside edge of ob
Sounds like it's either from the Kama Sutra or IKEA assembly instructions (they're pretty much interchangeable).

pj
chgo

markdrums1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't know why it is so hard for a lot of people to understand what you are saying. I just wanted to say thanks for your post. I tried this the other day at the pool room, and this was after playing for 50 years, and I was making long cut shots that I was having trouble with before.

Thanks....

RG1

Banned
Sounds like it's either from the Kama Sutra or IKEA assembly instructions (they're pretty much interchangeable).

pj
chgo

lol yea :wink: but i will always know pretty close to exact where the contact point is with just a glance at the shot, no matter what the angle of the shot is. I also would only need to know its an inside A shot and that will let me know where the contact point will pretty much be at.

Last edited:

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
Why is it that in this discussion forum it is always the guy who first gets subjected to insults that is blamed for "losing his cool" while the guy who started slinging the insults gets a pass?

It did seem that Eagle Man was getting slammed first.

When someone responds to insults hurled at them, it is usually they who get penalized rather than the person who initiated the ad hominem attack.

markdrums1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you're aiming at the bottom of the OB that would be a full hit on the OB (like a straight in shot).......the way I see it. On very thin cuts I don't see how one could aim at the bottom of the OB........anything thinner than a 1/2 ball hit for that matter.

You're right, I was just kidding about the whole "bottom" of the ball thing:wink:

LAMas

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've been playing pool "off & on" for the better part of 30 yrs, went down to the local pool hall today with my trusty old Palmer...I decided to try something I read on AZ a while ago, aiming at the bottom of an object ball, instead of the whole side of the cut....WOW!!! How did I not know this already? I couldn't miss a ball! why is this so much more accurate?

Originally Posted by DTL
If you're aiming at the bottom of the OB that would be a full hit on the OB (like a straight in shot).......the way I see it. On very thin cuts I don't see how one could aim at the bottom of the OB........anything thinner than a 1/2 ball hit for that matter.

"You're right, I was just kidding about the whole "bottom" of the ball thing."
markdrums1

You got a lot of milage on this thread.:grin:

Mikjary

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It did seem that Eagle Man was getting slammed first.

When someone responds to insults hurled at them, it is usually they who get penalized rather than the person who initiated the ad hominem attack.

He went on tilt from other threads and ridicule/criticism of his opinions. It takes a lot of different ideas to make up a forum, but the bullies usually get the last word.

Best,
Mike

LAMas

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
One way the bottom of the ball could be used to help visualize aim points:

Project an overhead view of the cut angle onto the bottom of the object ball.
View attachment 255406

The projected cut angle intersects the bottom edge of the object ball directly beneath the CB/OB contact point on its equator.
View attachment 255407

pj
chgo

I thought this thread might be similar to this, but it is not.

GB Cloth 1.jpg

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
He went on tilt from other threads and ridicule/criticism of his opinions. It takes a lot of different ideas to make up a forum, but the bullies usually get the last word.

Best,
Mike

It seems that if you take the bait and go on tilt, you're the bad guy. Oh well, nobody said the world was fair.

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
I think so, I am aiming at that point that says 30 degrees instead of contact point....CB still hitting contact point...i'm just aiming @ the bottom part of OB

Like^^^

And thanks to Pat as this diagram #2 was pretty good!

Freddie <~~~ doing the rep thing

ENGLISH!

Banned
Silver Member
Why is it that in this discussion forum it is always the guy who first gets subjected to insults that is blamed for "losing his cool" while the guy who started slinging the insults gets a pass?

Handing out a pass was not my intenet. I was merely trying to temper his repsonses as we have had a few PM conversations. This place seems to be a bit like the NFL in that the one 'responding' can be the one that gets the 'Ban Flag' for 'over' reacting. I was trying to help not persecute.

ENGLISH!

Banned
Silver Member
I think so, I am aiming at that point that says 30 degrees instead of contact point....CB still hitting contact point...i'm just aiming @ the bottom part of OB

I thing you have made a good transition. I look at the same spot for the reasons I stated in my earliere post.

Good Luck with Your Journey,