DYI repair

Mase

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A friend of the owner of the cue told him he could fix it. I now have it to fix the fix.

Attachments

• dyi.jpg
    dyi.jpg
    197.1 KB · Views: 743

pdcue

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
DYI Repair
--------------------------------------------------

Well, Do It Yourself = DIY

So DYI is what? Do Your Internship? :)

Dale

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Shouldn't some kind of warning be posted for those of us with weak stomachs? :yikes:

I mean...I don't go around showing you guys pics from the ER, right? :rolleyes:

But seriously...I think I would hate to see a lot of the stuff you guys have to deal with. It would curl my toes...and I have cut people open....

Michael Webb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Shouldn't some kind of warning be posted for those of us with weak stomachs? :yikes:

But seriously...I think I would hate to see a lot of the stuff you guys have to deal with. It would curl my toes...and I have cut people open....

I would find what you do very interesting. But this stuff gets real funny what some people will try in avoiding us. Usually....pay now or pay later. Lol

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I would find what you do very interesting. But this stuff gets real funny what some people will try in avoiding us. Usually....pay now or pay later. Lol

Funny, same thing happens to doctors. :wink: Avoiding the doctor? Pay now or pay later...and more.

And they do things like going out of the country for cheap surgery that we have to fix later...sometimes they die because of it.

I guess mechanics deal with the same thing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whrOlrpfvwg

claymont

JADE
Gold Member
Silver Member

Love to see them:cool: "The Operation" that used to be on TLC was a favorite show of mine; extremely educational!

pescadoman

Randy
Silver Member
Funny, same thing happens to doctors. :wink: Avoiding the doctor? Pay now or pay later...and more.

And they do things like going out of the country for cheap surgery that we have to fix later...sometimes they die because of it.

I guess mechanics deal with the same thing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whrOlrpfvwg

And sometimes the Docs in, say Mexico, fix your teeth for a FRACTION of what it costs to have it done here and do it right.

Last two times I went to dentist here.

1. Had work insurance and Dentist not only did a poor job, but I still paid full price because they overcharged so much. Work had to be redone. More money.
2. Told dentist exactly which teeth were problems. Xray taken....said they are fine. NEXT day tooth one shatters in 2. Week later tooth 2 shatters in 2.

Last root canal and crown I had done in Mexico I asked the kid, who looked like he was maybe 25, what he did before being a dentist/oral surgeon. Said he stopped selling sell phones a few years ago. Did a great job and I've had zero problems since.

On another note, I was able to see one of the best spine surgeons in the world because the nature of my current work provides MY choice. Basically the only thing they can say is "who do we make the check out to?". Robert Watkins...thank you. Most mortals can't afford the best doctors and are forced to go with whom they can afford, not who they want.

There are plenty of horrible doctors in the USA who shouldn't even be practicing, so to stereotype other countries, in my opinion, is a mistake.

I should also point out that my optometrist has gone to Mexico to have some of his work done. I think that speaks for itself. Laser center, when I asked about having contacts anchored to my eyes? We have a place in Mexico, but we'll charge you ten grand anyway.

Rant over....

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There are plenty of horrible doctors in the USA who shouldn't even be practicing, so to stereotype other countries, in my opinion, is a mistake.

Well, first, you were talking about dentists. They are not physicians. I was talking about medical care, physicians.

But I teach doctors all over the world, literally. I can promise you the standards for doctors are lower in every other country in the world. Medical tourism is dangerous and I advise against it generally. You really have to know what you are getting into, and I promise, it is very hard to find out the truth. There is no system in place for reporting these things or collating data about them.

That does not mean there aren't great doctors outside the US and that there aren't quacks here. But you should understand, the stereotype is true and based on quite a lot of "insider"knowledge on my part. I have medical experience outside the US myself, and I teach doctors from all over the world.

I do teach Dentists as well, but I am not really able to compare foreign dentists to US dentists. I just don't have the experience.

Your optometrist is not a physician. Find an opthalmologist that goes to Mexico for eye surgery. Seriously. You won't find one.

Anyway, I am glad you found what you needed/wanted. :)

EDIT: I will not post further on this because it is the cue makers forum.

Last edited:

Alan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A friend of the owner of the cue told him he could fix it. I now have it to fix the fix.

It could have been worse. There's incompetence and then there's real bone head. How about a picture of the "after". It looks like the earlier "fix" made uglified the butt. I'm curious how you made out.

Mase

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just got it in. It will be a week or two before it is finished. I will post an after photo.

pescadoman

Randy
Silver Member
Well, first, you were talking about dentists. They are not physicians. I was talking about medical care, physicians.

But I teach doctors all over the world, literally. I can promise you the standards for doctors are lower in every other country in the world. Medical tourism is dangerous and I advise against it generally. You really have to know what you are getting into, and I promise, it is very hard to find out the truth. There is no system in place for reporting these things or collating data about them.

That does not mean there aren't great doctors outside the US and that there aren't quacks here. But you should understand, the stereotype is true and based on quite a lot of "insider"knowledge on my part. I have medical experience outside the US myself, and I teach doctors from all over the world.

I do teach Dentists as well, but I am not really able to compare foreign dentists to US dentists. I just don't have the experience.

Your optometrist is not a physician. Find an opthalmologist that goes to Mexico for eye surgery. Seriously. You won't find one.

Anyway, I am glad you found what you needed/wanted. :)

EDIT: I will not post further on this because it is the cue makers forum.

I respect what you say..I really do. However, you have the luxury of being "in the know". I only know a couple of people who have needed spine docs and BOTH of them got F'd up here. I can also say, based on experience, that the whole idea of trusting someone to open up your spine is f'n frightening. If I didn't have the coverage I did, I would have had a breakdown. I picked my surgeon by Googling "Who did Peyton Manning's surgery/" and he was within 100 miles. 90% of America doesn't have that luxury.

I will also agree that many of the best physicians are here in the USA if you can also agree that most can't afford them.

I also agree that going out of country is frightening as well, but considering the care that most can afford here it becomes viable...

I have a friend who is a physician in Finland. He says the saying goes "Be a doctor in Europe and drive a plain Mercedes, be a doctor in the USA and drive a Ferrari".