Peace proposal

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
Let's start this morning with something beautiful. Watch this young Russian run this drill. Could you hit the rail between the third diamond and the side pocket time after time? I wonder what type of "aiming" system he is using? https://youtu.be/ezBebGXYAnI?list=PLm-NYu03DbMtqs8myB8MYKgRx0iJgQlB4

ROTFLMFAO! He's obviously using an aiming system to pocket the balls based on the focus and intensity of his eyes, stroke, and time over the shot.

Surely there must be a Russian Pool/Billiards forum. Why don't you go there and ask him. Better yet, stay there forever and learn from him.

How can he hit between the third diamond and side pocket time after time? It's called SPIN AND SPEED not aiming.

Here spin is called English but over there it could be called RUSSIAN. I don't know.

LMFAO! Even the other 3 musketeers have to be shaking their heads in disbelief at such a question.

Детский Театр в Хьюстоне - Открывает двери для всех‎

Объявляется набор в группы от 3 до 17 Репетиции начинаются с 20 Августа

Января, Января,

Last edited:

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Let's start this morning with something beautiful. Watch this young Russian run this drill. Could you hit the rail between the third diamond and the side pocket time after time? I wonder what type of "aiming" system he is using? https://youtu.be/ezBebGXYAnI?list=PLm-NYu03DbMtqs8myB8MYKgRx0iJgQlB4

Beautiful indeed!

Thanks for sharing.

He does not stand with his nose behind CCB and sweeps either left or right into every shot just like your instructor does and does not even know it....LMAO

Stan Shuffett

Bobkitty

I said: "Here kitty, kitty". Got this frown.
Gold Member
Silver Member
ROTFLMFAO! He's obviously using an aiming system to pocket the balls based on the focus and intensity of his eyes, stroke, and time over the shot.

Surely there must be a Russian Pool/Billiards forum. Why don't you go there and ask him. Better yet, stay there forever and learn from him.

How can he hit between the third diamond and side pocket time after time? It's called SPIN AND SPEED not aiming.

Here spin is called English but over there it could be called RUSSIAN.

LMFAO!

This forum is called; "Peace Proposal" and I thought I'd post something beautiful to watch. You are 100% with CTE, so why don't you stay out of the forums that are not about that? Who on AZB put you in charge of others posting? I think a lot of us would like to know that information? You're writing is absolutely sickening to read.

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

He plays very well and has a good feel for the cue ball, but he is doing it the easier way.

I used to play this for hours as a kid when I worked in the pool hall. I made it harder by placing all of the ball on the rails.

It is a bit harder to "kill" and control the cue ball when it has to come off a ball rail on every shot. And when you shoot the balls frozen on the rail you can't spin them in easily like you can when they are a bit off the rail.

Last edited:

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
This forum is called; "Peace Proposal" and I thought I'd post something beautiful to watch.

It is beautiful to watch. The young man is extremely smooth with great touch.

You are 100% with CTE, so why don't you stay out of the forums that are not about that?

Incorrect there buddy boy. I'm with shiskebob, 90/90, Joe Tucker's contact point aiming and most others including fractions. I'm not anti any aiming system. Some are just better than others especially for me and I explore ALL OF THEM in depth on the table.

Who on AZB put you in charge of others posting?

I'm not in charge of posting. I haven't had a full blown belly laugh at a post in a long, long time. Thanks for yours.

I think a lot of us would like to know that information? You're writing is absolutely sickening to read.

It just takes time. To know me is to love me and one day you will.
(or you won't) LMFAO

Bobkitty

Gold Member
Silver Member
Beautiful indeed!

Thanks for sharing.

He does not stand with his nose behind CCB and sweeps either left or right into every shot just like your instructor does and does not even know it....LMAO

Stan Shuffett

I have no clue about "sweeps either left or right" and I've watched it again trying to figure it out but to no avail. And to mention, I apologize about the things I've written about CTE and the former students, etc. It's certainly not up to me what "aiming system" someone decides to take on. I will not do it again.

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
I have no clue about "sweeps either left or right" and I've watched it again trying to figure it out but to no avail. And to mention, I apologize about the things I've written about CTE and the former students, etc. It's certainly not up to me what "aiming system" someone decides to take on. I will not do it again.

Tell you what, if you honestly mean this AND abide by it you have my respect.

Best post you've EVER made.

Bobkitty

Gold Member
Silver Member
Contact point. But that is irrelevant to his position play. Your point?

I did not know "contact point" was his aiming. How do you know?. I just think his stroke, stance, and position play were a beautiful thing to watch. There are about 50 of these drills on "the billiard brothers" on Youtube and they are beautiful things to watch (for me).

Tony_in_MD

You want some of this?
Silver Member
There are a few tells in the video that contact point aimers do from time to time. Review it again, then tell me what you think.

The kid sure looks good.

I did not know "contact point" was his aiming. How do you know?. I just think his stroke, stance, and position play were a beautiful thing to watch. There are about 50 of these drills on "the billiard brothers" on Youtube and they are beautiful things to watch (for me).

BC21

https://www.playpoolbetter.com
Gold Member
Silver Member
At what level of achievement in pool might one consider becoming more artistic rather than systematic? After how many years of playing and what age?

Where does pool rank as a focus of importance and improvement in their lives compared to everything else?

If they don't have pool tables in their home and play everyday, wouldn't going occasionally to a pool room and telling them to be more artistic rather than systematic be putting the cart way before the horse?

Is what you're saying good advice? Sure but only to an extremely low percent of the population and even less of a percentage when speaking to the pool population.
And if they're that good, they'll become more adventuresome, experimental, and interested in learning things on their own.

Excellent questions. I suppose the exact time frame or skill level is an individual thing, different for different people on account of how much effort they invest into it, like anything else, and how well they learn and apply what they learn. Most people know their ABC's and basic multiplication tables, but we didn't memorize this stuff over night. And applying these things well in life, being able to read and write and calculate, takes an individual investment of time/experience. Those who don't invest are partially illiterate and incapable of basic math. Most people are average with their literacy and math skills. Same way with pool players, golfers, artists, musicians, etc.... those who pay attention and learn by pushing beyond any predefined constraints or systematic limits will eventually develop an automatic feel for superior performance.

BC21

Gold Member
Silver Member
I posted this in the other thread. It's videos of you explaining various common shots and how to pocket the balls with poolology.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryenIBwdn34

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOHgrxLvMP8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17VpeuysHcE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3i-1QIWxR3Q

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=om2qEB-tN6g

HERE'S MY QUESTIONS: What do you do see, align, and do differently to make these shots when playing that's so artistically different than what you're teaching for seeing and aligning? What do you think about and what don't you think about based on the system? Are you short cutting something or not doing it at all?

Do you think those who purchase your program will over all be more consistent and accurate using it 100% of the time or will they become less consistent and accurate by reverting to something else? Are you just as accurate and consistent when not using your system or even more accurate?

If what they're doing is very successful what can they learn on their own that will improve the consistency and accuracy from being more "artistic"?

I don't know what I see. I just look at the balls and automatically align for the shot, probably subconsciously fine-tuning the alignment with practice strokes.

I do believe those that have purchased my book will eventually reach that level of not really paying attention to any particular fraction or aim point. Many have already told me they feel like the see the shots better, automatically, without having to look at any numbers. The brain is awesome. I also believe, but will get fried for saying it, that those who use CTE are developing a feel for certain shots also. Experience is an excellent teacher if you pay attention.

BC21

Gold Member
Silver Member

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
Excellent questions.

And good response below.

I suppose the exact time frame or skill level is an individual thing, different for different people on account of how much effort they invest into it, like anything else, and how well they learn and apply what they learn. Most people know their ABC's and basic multiplication tables, but we didn't memorize this stuff over night. And applying these things well in life, being able to read and write and calculate, takes an individual investment of time/experience. Those who don't invest are partially illiterate and incapable of basic math. Most people are average with their literacy and math skills. Same way with pool players, golfers, artists, musicians, etc.... those who pay attention and learn by pushing beyond any predefined constraints or systematic limits will eventually develop an automatic feel for superior performance.

I want to focus on your last sentence. I'm not sure they're pushing beyond anything predefined or systematic on their own in many cases unless they've read and studied something on their own or taken lessons from someone with a different perspective. Nor do I think systematic or predefined creates constrains or limits.

Automatic "feel" is "unconscious competence" which means you're so well trained and knowledgeable you don't have to think of all the itty bitty processes or focus on them for recall.

But it's very easy to get off track, revert to bad habits, or get too lax and take things for granted.

Almost every PGA player has their personal teaching guru keeping an eye on them all the time to either make sure they aren't backsliding or especially when they aren't scoring well to be in contention to collect a win or big checks.

Baseball players have batting and pitching coaches always working with them

NFL football has all kinds of coaches for offense, defense, and specialty teams.

Pro pool players probably have the least but a few players do rely on their coaches like other sports.

Anything below the top pro level in various levels of being an amateur are the ones who really need instruction and a set of "trained eyes" keeping them on track.

We just can't see what those trained eyes can see and only do what we "think" we are or aren't doing. Many times it's erroneous because you can't diagnose something you can't see.

FEEL is great but it doesn't last at the highest degree for very long. At any level.

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
I don't know what I see. I just look at the balls and automatically align for the shot, probably subconsciously fine-tuning the alignment with practice strokes.

Wouldn't it be easier and smarter to see what you teach people to see? What exactly are you fine tuning? To get to the point where you'd be if you focused on a fraction to begin with?

You're a writer, a publisher, a trained wordsmith. How does it suddenly turn into a blank slate that you can't describe and put into words?

I do believe those that have purchased my book will eventually reach that level of not really paying attention to any particular fraction or aim point.

And then get lax and off track from taking shortcuts? Or missing a shot or shots in critical game situations?

Many have already told me they feel like the see the shots better, automatically, without having to look at any numbers. The brain is awesome. I also believe, but will get fried for saying it, that those who use CTE are developing a feel for certain shots also. Experience is an excellent teacher if you pay attention.

I think you get a confidence in the alignment process with the eyes, head, and body. It's just not that big of a deal once you can use the brain and eyes. Like Stan has said, it's almost boring. All shots are basically the same.

No question marks, feel, groping, wondering or adjusting. How does it get any easier?

paultex

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There are a few tells in the video that contact point aimers do from time to time. Review it again, then tell me what you think.

The kid sure looks good.

I don't think you have to be a contact point aimer, whatever the hell that is, to achieve those results, but then you said in another post that its irrelevant.

Your responses sound more fitting in a private message beef with denwhit, rather than forum informative, so, whats YOUR point then?

I do agree that "contact point" is irrelevant in the case of some or most of these executions in the video.

If you are trying to "win" something here, then beat the guy with facts and ideas, because so far, den is winning if thats important to you. You did force him to a question he needs to answer, so you might just win, but i dont see why you got to lay it down the way you did, which is exemplary of this particular forum.

For the record, i know exactly how this kid is pulling off most of these shots, but thats not for me to answer and im not going to. I will say this though, i would be more impressed if the object balls were 1" or a little more off the rail.

The kid executes correctly and I imagine he was taught or he figured out the sequence on his own, but i seriously doubt its luck or skill. In other words, i would have to bet he is very aware of a particularly important thing he is doing when he executes a shot.

Tony_in_MD

You want some of this?
Silver Member
You sure read a lot into one statement, I want Denwit to review the video again and tell me if he can see what leads me to my conclusion.

It is a teaching moment nothing more and it is nothing as nefarious as you imply it is.

I would like to think that Denwhit and I have no beefs with each other, we had a long phone conversation around the time he first joined where we had a nice discussion of pool and aiming in general.

He has my phone number and can call me again at anytime too.

I don't think you have to be a contact point aimer, whatever the hell that is, to achieve those results, but then you said in another post that its irrelevant.

Your responses sound more fitting in a private message beef with denwhit, rather than forum informative, so, whats YOUR point then?

I do agree that "contact point" is irrelevant in the case of some or most of these executions in the video.

If you are trying to "win" something here, then beat the guy with facts and ideas, because so far, den is winning if thats important to you. You did force him to a question he needs to answer, so you might just win, but i dont see why you got to lay it down the way you did, which is exemplary of this particular forum.

For the record, i know exactly how this kid is pulling off most of these shots, but thats not for me to answer and im not going to. I will say this though, i would be more impressed if the object balls were 1" or a little more off the rail.

The kid executes correctly and I imagine he was taught or he figured out the sequence on his own, but i seriously doubt its luck or skill. In other words, i would have to bet he is very aware of a particularly important thing he is doing when he executes a shot.

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think you get a confidence in the alignment process with the eyes, head, and body. It's just not that big of a deal once you can use the brain and eyes. Like Stan has said, it's almost boring. All shots are basically the same.

No question marks, feel, groping, wondering or adjusting. How does it get any easier?

You've been missing the point on this for how many years? It's to the point now where I think it is intentional, possibly a selling point for CTE which you obviously endorse.

Once your just know where to hit a ball to pocket it, there is NO guesswork. Your brain knows the spot just as if it were a straight in. Stan said all shots are straight in for CTE, and they are for people who have trained their brain to see all the shots and just know the correct spot to hit it. You don't suddenly forget that just because you might start getting sloppy with your mechanics.

Think of a pro quarterback who is having some trouble with accuracy. If he has a receiver who runs a down and out pattern, he knows exactly where he needs to throw the ball based on the receiver's speed and pattern. He knows where to put the football like the back of his hand because he has been doing nothing but throwing the ball since he could practically stand up. However, he might be getting sloppy in his mechanics, mental preparedness, whatever. The two things are different. You don't seem to believe that the brain can internalize and KNOW the correct place to send the cue ball the same as if it were a straight in shot. I believe it can.

Bobkitty

Gold Member
Silver Member
You sure read a lot into one statement, I want Denwit to review the video again and tell me if he can see what leads me to my conclusion.

It is a teaching moment nothing more and it is nothing as nefarious as you imply it is.

I would like to think that Denwhit and I have no beefs with each other, we had a long phone conversation around the time he first joined where we had a nice discussion of pool and aiming in general.

He has my phone number and can call me again at anytime too.

Hey Tony,
I've watched it again for several times and I can not tell that he is using a contact aim. Guess I can not pick it up.

Tony_in_MD

You want some of this?
Silver Member
Hey Tony,
I've watched it again for several times and I can not tell that he is using a contact aim. Guess I can not pick it up.

Toward the end of the run last 4 balls or so in the center of the table watch him move to the back of the ball to see the contact point. He does it twice on one ball, and another time on a second ball.