Predator revo vs other shaft polls

Which Shaft is your main player no

• Total voters

CueMaster77

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Time to see and check our AZmembers which SHAFT they will prefer nowsince Revo is in the market.

Personally i love my 12.9mm Revo in my LE12 ice, less deflection and im more consistent in long shot. I dont really know the reason but i notice it compare playing with other wood shaft. Im not a pro and expert to give some information but to be honest, 3 of our local players here improve they game rapidly after using a revo.

Now its time to share more info and tru this poll, we can see if people are ready to move to a carbon fiber shaft although the feeling using this shaft in Untraditional....

Attachments

• 20068336_1382499958494389_2505661_n.jpg
    20068336_1382499958494389_2505661_n.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 6,463
Last edited:

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I have been using a 12.9 since Aug.2016. That has been my daily player. I like it for a lot of reasons...but it does not play better than a maple shaft. I play the same wth both,
The Revo is a great shaft. Constantly nick free, straight and smooth. Also have a 12.4 Revo.
I use the REVO on a Predator SP6GN and on a Schon Hoppe Tribute with an adaptor/extension from NewSheriff.

Last edited:

gregnice37

Bar Banger, Cue Collector
Silver Member
I bought a 12.4 revo about 3 months ago to try it out while waiting on my 4 custom cue orders. Absolutely love it, now own 2, 1 for breaking. Sorta regret ordering all the customs because I've never shot as good as I am now. Last 7 weeks I've come in 1st 3x's, split 1st another & 1 2nd place in out weekly tournaments. Last 2 weeks it's been undefeated wins.

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I love this shaft. Here's my Schmelke REVO

Attachments

• IMG_6896.jpg
    IMG_6896.jpg
    172.5 KB · Views: 4,572
Last edited:

BigBoof

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Standard maple for me. I gave LD more than a quick try, but I could never shake the feeling of hallowness. At a low point with my game and less motivation to play, I pulled out my Nitti merry widow and now every shot felt more solid and enjoyable.

I still have Jacoby Hybrids and a Mezz Ex Pro but others were sold off. I am sticking with my Nitti standard maple shafts. I might try a timeless timber or Kielwood shaft someday.

TylerT55

Registered
I shot with a standard maple shaft for a long time, then i switched to a viking v pro, then a meucci bar box pro, then 314-3's. The 314 played okay but i thought it felt very dead. Then I bought a 12.4 revo. Absolutely loved it at first then started to really dislike the shaft. Now im playing with a stuned z3 and i absolutely love it. I just cant seem to put it down. I would have to say a low deflection maple shaft plays great but a standard maple shaft will always hit better but less consistant.

jshea1212

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ive been using the Z shaft for many years now. Every custom cue I would buy I would match the Z shaft to it. I gave the Revo 12.4 a shot for the last couple months. I love it! I tried going back to the Z but I am sticking with the Revo.
The only negative is I love a really pretty cue, usually custom cues. The revo doesn't look nice unless it's a black cue. I also feel weird not playing with a wood shaft. Ive been shooting so good with it that I decided to look past these issues and stick with the revo.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

BilliardGreg

Billiard Aficionado
Predator Ice Sport 2 No Wrap w/ 12.4 Revo Shaft Upgrade

I recently purchased the all white no wrap Predator Ice Sport 2 with the 12.4 Revo shaft upgrade and I have to say I really like the combination. It is almost the opposite of what my BK3 looks like as its black on the bottom and maple on the top where the Ice is all white on the bottom with the black on the Revo. Some people have said they weren't too sure about having the shaft be black but I really do not see to much of an issue.

Overall I am really liking the Revo. I find that I am trusting my aim more when I shoot my shots, not having to worry about skew of the cue ball as much. Just wish I would of been able to get a butt made out of the same material as the Ice Sport 2 already has a few dings in it.

20171031_230511-e1510764782458.jpg

spliced

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I bought a used revo 12.9 for a great price and played with it for a few weeks. Loved it at first and then quickly started to dislike it. Shots that I make consistently with a 314 or regular maple shaft just weren't going in with the revo. Everything was off. Had zero confidence with it. Sold it and got back to the 314 and my game is back to normal.

MalibuMike

Banned
I feel the same.. been hearing good stuff about this Vantage Shaft?

Standard maple for me. I gave LD more than a quick try, but I could never shake the feeling of hallowness. At a low point with my game and less motivation to play, I pulled out my Nitti merry widow and now every shot felt more solid and enjoyable.

I still have Jacoby Hybrids and a Mezz Ex Pro but others were sold off. I am sticking with my Nitti standard maple shafts. I might try a timeless timber or Kielwood shaft someday.

I feel the same.. I tired them all and I too am only left with my Jacoby Hybrid and new Mezz ExPro. I liked the Tiger Pro-X as well... but I've been hearing good stuff about this Vantage Shaft? Not the black fiber deal, but there previous "We really mean it this time LD Shaft" the Vantage... I swore off Predator products since the Z2, but I'm curious about this Vantage does anybody know if it is any good? I like what it says about stiffness, but could it be any better then the Mezz ExPro?

Poolboss1030

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Bought my revo 12.4 on 6/17 and my game has stepped up by far. Played with a predator 314 before and the LD on the revo is some thing to absolutely love. Wouldn't go back to any other shaft!