CTE pro one DVD

Bobkitty

I said: "Here kitty, kitty". Got this frown.
Gold Member
Silver Member
Then one more question:

Why didn't you stop him?

He's been one of your biggest proponents for years. Even I knew he was screwed, changing his game at the last second, and laughed about it publicly here after I heard about his lessons with you saying, "Thank you Baby Jesus."

Why did you let him do it?! He had been your biggest supporter. Why did you let him screw himself?

Lou Figueroa

Hate to butt in but no instructor is responsible for the student's play. My God, a golf lesson might mess someone up for months until they incorporate the new material out of conscious and into muscle memory. How to mess yourself up? Buy new clubs or take a lesson! Common knowledge.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hate to butt in but no instructor is responsible for the student's play. My God, a golf lesson might mess someone up for months until they incorporate the new material out of conscious and into muscle memory. How to mess yourself up? Buy new clubs or take a lesson! Common knowledge.

I agree. But there's history at play here.

For over a decade John had been one of Stan's most vociferous supporters.

IOWs, he didn't just drop in out of the blue looking for a quick fix to a hitch in his stoke. For years on ASP, RSB, here, and on perhaps other forums, John sung the praises of Hal and Stan's work. He was non-stop in saying how he was going to -- once and for all -- prove the superiority of CTE to the feel approach of playing pool.

It was not a case of someone just turning up at a random a driving range and having the local golf pro give him a few tips.

Lou Figueroa

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

IOWs, he didn't just drop in out of the blue looking for a quick fix to a hitch in his stoke. For years on ASP, RSB, here, and on perhaps other forums, John sung the praises of Hal and Stan's work. He was non-stop in saying how he was going to -- once and for all -- prove the superiority of CTE to the feel approach of playing pool.

It was not a case of someone just turning up at a random a driving range and having the local golf pro give him a few tips.

Lou Figueroa

Wrong,
John is a friend of CTE! --A supporter for anyone that makes efforts in advancing the idea of CTE aiming.
-John got my first DVD but John also had his version of CTE that is clearly evident and dated by his online videos. John did not learn my material. He expressed that to me. He was well versed in his own methods of how he used CTE. His understanding and application of my knowledge of CTE is still on a learning burner.

I have clarified this on more than one occasion but you feel the need to keep slanting what really happened.

Stan Shuffett

Last edited:

Bobkitty

I said: "Here kitty, kitty". Got this frown.
Gold Member
Silver Member

Lou Figueroa

I don't know John, but would be curious to know if HE blames Stan for his failings? Not knowing anything about the history here, I'd have to leave the instructor blameless here. Unless someone forced John to take CTE lessons at gun point, and then forced him to use it prematurely before he's got it locked down, he's responsible for his own actions.

Neil

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I can take the simple directions of what I used for both DVDs and align properly for any shot on the table for a CCB foundation.
Sorry if that is not good enough for you.
All I can I say is that it's the handful like you that makes me want to pull up stakes at times. That is what Hal did......He did not want people like you to have CTE.
But I am not pulling up.
I plan on doing free clinics for the remainder of my heathy life.
I am going to publish endless CTE free videos if I have the support for them not just personal texts or emails but only if the desire for more is shown right here on this forum.
That's the cost......vocal support on this forum will drive what the quantity of my videos submissions.
The support can start anytime as I'm beginning to grow weary that there may be little support. If it's wanted I want to hear the noise!

Stan Shuffett

crank up the sound Stan https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G389R8fTrLI :thumbup:

mohrt

Student of the Game
Silver Member
What has happened since DVD2 is that I have identified and explained a critical subconscious visual action that is huge.....so huge in fact, that it has allowed me to construct definitive refinements to my work.

I'll back that up!

BC21

https://www.playpoolbetter.com
Gold Member
Silver Member
I think that Mark Wilson's publishing and first round was about 75G. So, he got ripped off?

You need not worry about whether I am being ripped off or not. My first estimate or projection over 2 years ago was $28 G for a multi thousand book deal. The 40G is a projected increase only.

I question your knowledge about book publishing as you did not ask whether my book is B/W or color or the number of copies in that figure as that's all relevant. I am working with a professional company and not just some copier company.

What's a company name that you recommend?

Stan Shuffett

A good publisher will pay you for the right to sell your book. Not the other way around.

I make no assumptions about certain types of publishers. But judging by the $40K price, and size of your book, I'd guess it's going to be a hard cover with full-color interior, and you'll have to buy X amount of copies up front. Nowadays there are some very good and reputable POD outfits (print on demand). Lulu offers a wide range of formating options and worldwide distribution. As the author you retain full creative and publication rights. No contract. No lock to buy X amount of books. More and more authors are choosing this route because it's smart. If the book takes off and becomes a best seller, a traditional publisher will gladly pick it up and make an offer package, plus an advance for any future works in progress if any, and all at ZERO cost to the author. When it's good, everybody wins. When it's unknown, or risky, only the smart/slick publisher wins.

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A good publisher will pay you for the right to sell your book. Not the other way around.

I make no assumptions about certain types of publishers. But judging by the $40K price, and size of your book, I'd guess it's going to be a hard cover with full-color interior, and you'll have to buy X amount of copies up front. Nowadays there are some very good and reputable POD outfits (print on demand). Lulu offers a wide range of formating options and worldwide distribution. As the author you retain full creative and publication rights. No contract. No lock to buy X amount of books. More and more authors are choosing this route because it's smart. If the book takes off and becomes a best seller, a traditional publisher will gladly pick it up and make an offer package, plus an advance for any future works in progress if any, and all at ZERO cost to the author. When it's good, everybody wins. When it's unknown, or risky, only the smart/slick publisher wins.

What's the average royalty that book co. would pay me per book percentage-wise?

Stan Shuffett

Low500

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I can take the simple directions of what I used for both DVDs and align properly for any shot on the table for a CCB foundation.
Sorry if that is not good enough for you.
All I can I say is that it's the handful like you that makes me want to pull up stakes at times. That is what Hal did......He did not want people like you to have CTE.
But I am not pulling up.
I plan on doing free clinics for the remainder of my heathy life.
I am going to publish endless CTE free videos if I have the support for them not just personal texts or emails but only if the desire for more is shown right here on this forum.
That's the cost......vocal support on this forum will drive what the quantity of my videos submissions.
The support can start anytime as I'm beginning to grow weary that there may be little support. If it's wanted I want to hear the noise!Stan Shuffett
I want to see more. Your youtube videos are very good.
I will buy your book and I think you're really on to something with your CTE.
Just ignore the troublemakers...they're in every poolroom.
The moderator said to report them and that's what I do, every time there's hostility.

Mirza

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Cte pro one!

Since I joined AZb, maybe even before, I searched after all aiming systems there is, wanted to learn them all and then choose the right one for me, and I finally managed to do just that.

There were a lot of great people here that helped me tremendously with that, like Ekkes (SEE system/SAMBA), SpiderWebComm (Dave), Stan, mohrt, Bob Nunley, Scott Rohleder, Neil, Garry Williams, psouvaridis etc., I'm sorry if I forgot about someone, I owe you all so much that it is hard to explain in words.

My choice came down to CTE PRO ONE, and it was definately not because it worked instantly, many of the ppl mentioned can vouche for that, I certainly bored them with my constant questions and pleads for help and I certainly put a lot of time, sweat and effort in every system to be sure that my final conclusion is the right one because I'm a perfecionist.

When I finally decided on CTE PRO ONE it was slow and hard at the beginning but then suddenly stuff started to hit me one by one, first the visuals, then the manual pivoting, then my visual center, and then finally the sweeps and their corresponding CB centers, then it really started to get easy, fun and very emotional for me, because I worked at it for a long time.

Finally now I can say that there was nothing wrong with the instruction Stan or anyone else gave to me with regard to CTE or any other aiming system, it was all me, but I live in Bosnia (Europe) and there is no instructors in my country that could've helped me, so that is why it took so long, but if I listened closely to everything it could have been quicker.

I'll just give one example that was my last hurdle that I overcame to achieve proficiency in CTE, Stan clearly explains in this video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDOnLiDh-dg) that you can pick the visuals and sweep with whatever point between your eyes you want BUT then you have to sweep with that point AND get your CUE UNDER that point, but that one should use his visual center (that is strongest).
I knew that I had to pick up the lines with my visual center which is the left corner of my right eye, I watched this video and forgot about it because I THOUGHT I was already doing that, BUT I WAS NOT! I did pick the lines up with that point on my face and thought that I came down in full stance with that visual center in mind BUT I WAS NOT!

When I started to go down to CCB while keeping that point of my eye focused on the task and get my cue under that point - everything came together, now I can do it whatever possible way I want to, manual pivot, sweep or as I now do it - just see the visuals and get down directly on the shotline, I'm playing the best pool of my life and really enjoying it.

Was it Stans fault that he had a support video for this which I looked and overlooked - definately NO, it was MY FAULT!

I finally can say that I don't need any help anymore and don't have any questions that need to be answered, but for the life of me CAN'T WAIT FOR THE VIDEOS AND BOOK TO SEE HOW CAN THIS POSSIBLY GET ANY EASIER AND BETTER!?! :thumbup:

Again, thank you all very much, you have my support for the remainder of my life, and not just you but everyone I mentioned that helped me on my way, I got something out of everyone and their unselfish help!

Last edited:

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
I look forward to the publication and purchase of your book.

Lou Figueroa

Here's how it's going to work Lou. When you and Dan White send in your orders for Stan's book with either a credit card payment or whatever else is chosen, it's going to be red flagged and I will pay Stan the $70 not to send it to the both of you. I'll even go double the money to him so he doesn't lose revenue.

There will probably be a few others that I'll add to the list because we ALL know how you'll take one or two words out of each chapter to spin, twist, and obfuscate the meaning just as you have for the last 20 years and take it into the next 20 years.

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I want to assure everyone that I not dealing with a smart/slick publisher. I have done homework. I know exactly how pool fits into the mindset of publishing companies. I am under no illusion that a company can only be classified as good If they are willing to find my project. CTE is in a niche type category and I know and I think most of you understand that as well. I have a great publishing company that is run by an extremely super group of people. There may be nasty publishing companies out there but the company that I am working with is not one of them.

My daughter just received a book contract and her book will go to Barnes and Noble as well as to Target. She gets 10% per book and that is about the average royalty . I can't stand that kind of action with CTE but I am thrilled for my daughter and her deal.

Lastly, I want a real book that I can be proud of for entering into the LOC. I want this work to be around for hundreds of years!

I will be just fine with my decisions.

One last tidbit......$40G with color for my book, forget it, as color would likely double or even triple the cost and that's at a minimum.

Stan Shuffett

Last edited:

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
I want to see more. Your youtube videos are very good.
I will buy your book and I think you're really on to something with your CTE.
Just ignore the troublemakers...they're in every poolroom.
The moderator said to report them and that's what I do, every time there's hostility.

And keep reporting them because they're doing it constantly with baiting tactics and then reporting it to the mods themselves. Maybe one time your report will stick.

But they are very wily creatures who do everything possible to post within the rules with no name calling and some other tricks of their trade.

What I can't understand is how this negative crew, tribe, gang or whatever else they might be referred to can come on here day in and day out with numerous posts attacking either the CTE process, Stan, or users in the way it's done.

Can you imagine a Smith & Wesson forum, Ruger, Sig Sauer having negative members coming in daily over a 20 year period to do nothing but pick apart any one of those guns over and over again when they don't own one or have any intention of using them?

It wouldn't last 2 DAYS before the other members blistered them and the moderators banned their a*ses for life.

Isn't it somewhat mind boggling how the negative harassment on one subject can be allowed for the number of years that is has from the same individuals with no reprisal at all?

But watch, I'll probably get warned or banned for making this post myself. I'm not coated with "Teflon".

BC21

https://www.playpoolbetter.com
Gold Member
Silver Member
I want to assure everyone that I not dealing with a smart/slick publisher. I have done homework. I know exactly how pool fits into the mindset of publishing companies. I am under no illusion that only a good publishing company wants to fund my project as CTE is in a niche type category. I have a great publishing company that is run by an extremely super group of people. There may be nasty publishing companies out there but the company that I am working with is not one of them.,

My daughter just received a book contract and her book will go to Barnes and Noble as well as to Target. She gets 10% per book and that is about the average royalty . I can't stand that kind of action with CTE but I am thrilled for my daughter and her deal.

Lastly, I want a real book that I can be proud of for entering into the LOC. I want this work to be around for hundreds of years!

I will be just fine with my decisions.

One last tidbit......$40G with color for my book, forget it, as color would likely double or even triple the cost and that's at a minimum.

Stan Shuffett

Like I said, I make no assumptions about publishers. But typically a publisher pays the author for the right to sell his or her book. They do all the leg work as far as promoting and selling the book. The author isn't required to purchase 2000 copies or 3000 or whatever. The pool instructional genre is probably an exception, as it's not the hottest market.

Most traditional publishers offer 7-10% royalties, so 10 would be great. Self-publishing provides 50 to 80 %. And the POD industry is booming. Self-published books are no different than traditional published books, with one exception: The middle man is cut out of the equation, allowing the author to retain full rights and better compensation for their work.

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
The support can start anytime as I'm beginning to grow weary that there may be little support. If it's wanted I want to hear the noise!

Stan Shuffett

stan i look forward to buying your book and any material you put on video
i hope that was noisey enough....:)

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
How does any other student, just looking at your DVDs, or your youtube videos, have any chance if a guy who has been one of the most ardent, feverish, and outspoken proponent, supporter and believer for over a dozen years on the interweb can't do it after 15 hours of personal instruction with you at your home studio?!

Lou Figueroa

Care to gamble with some of his other students and find out?

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
But... but... you advertised it as a DVD that would answer all. All the CTErs were raging about how it would finally put all questions to rest.

It's easy now to look back now and identify flaws but the construct you are now presenting was certainly not how it was advertised.

Lou Figueroa

At the time of release it did answer all the questions that were present at that time. Sorry you can't understand that Stan didn't just stop learning. He kept learning and keeps sharing. Thank you STAN

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
With CTE there are certain tuning variables that need to come together in order to produce an accurate CCB solution the way Stan does in his videos. That is not a false statement.

Step 1. Obtain the two simple visual lines that "fix" the CB.

Step 2. From the fixed CB there is another visualization that must occur in order to know where the bridge V must be positioned (either just left or right of CB address/center line, as shown in videos with white tape).

Step 3. Once the bridge V placement is determined there is then a 1/2 tip pivot from left or right of CCB, and possibly a "micro pivot" involved if needed (based on experience), before arriving at the final CCB solution along the aim line to pocket the ball.

This is all from Stan's videos that I and many others have watched over the years. I'm not making it up. All of these intricacies, if done accurately, lead a player to what Stan calls a "Center Cue Ball Solution" for the shot. I believe him. I just don't understand how he does it, and I believe that's because of step 2 above. It's the perception that most players have trouble with. A faulty or guessed perception leads to an incorrect bridge V placement, which throws the whole solution off. If the perception just never comes to fruition, a player will eventually find his way to the solution through trial and error, or he'll give up on it and sell his DVD to a buddy. That's the reality of it. That's why Stan has spent so many years trying to make it easier for people to learn. But that step 2 is still a stumbling block for most.

I'm so glad that you feel free to speak for "most players", lol. Guessing you don't get out much.