Where are McDermott cues made, USA, Asia?

Jobba786

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
On McDermott's website they state that the cues in the McDermott line are proudly made in the USA, but they do no tell where their other lines are made, nor the McdPred1 http://www.mcdermottcue.com/mcdpred1.php

They do not respond to my e-mails regarding this issue which I find strange because they use to have a good customer service.

I have heard some rumours and the lack of information and reply from McDermott makes me believe these cues are made outside USA.

Anyone with more information on this issue?

Thanks, Jon Birger

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
On McDermott's website they state that the cues in the McDermott line are proudly made in the USA, but they do no tell where their other lines are made, nor the McdPred1 http://www.mcdermottcue.com/mcdpred1.php

They do not respond to my e-mails regarding this issue which I find strange because they use to have a good customer service.

I have heard some rumours and the lack of information and reply from McDermott makes me believe these cues are made outside USA.

Anyone with more information on this issue?

Thanks, Jon Birger

Some are made in the USA and some are made outside the USA. The Element, Lucky and Star brands are all made outside the USA as far as I know.

In fact they state it on their about us page http://www.mcdermottcue.com/company_history.php

Our Brands
McDermott Pool Cues
McDermott cues and shafts are one of the most recognized products in the billiard industry. Manufactured in Menomonee Falls, WI, McDermott cues are known for quality construction, exotic woods, intricate inlays and limitless custom options. Leading the industry in technology and craftsmanship with over 100 new models ranging from $199-$6500, McDermott remains the top choice for all players. They are proudly made in the U.S.A. and include a lifetime warranty against warpage.

Star Pool Cues
Get Noticed. Be a STAR
Star cues are designed, engineered, exclusively distributed and guaranteed for life by McDermott Cue. They feature premium maple and exotic woods mixed with intricate 4-color overlays. Manufactured globally using McDermott’s technology, Star cues provide the highest quality cue in its price range.

Lucky Pool Cues
FEELING LUCKY?
Lucky cues are designed, engineered and exclusively distributed by McDermott Cue. Lucky cues offer a mix of premium maple cues and intricate graphic overlays. These features give you an exceptional value for one of the most solid hitting globally manufactured cues in the industry.

Element Pool Cues
Ultimate Durability
Strong Performance
Element cues feature McDermott’s F2 Dual Fiber Core Technology. F2 Technology utilizes carbon fiber and our resin fiber-polymer to maximize power and stability. Each cue is moisture and warp resistant.

-----------------------------------------------------

This McPred cue has got to be the biggest mutt of a cue I have ever seen.

I can't figure out who is competing with who really.

McDermott makes their own line of "performance" shafts that compete against Predator. Tiger makes their own line of Performance shafts. And yet here are all three brands in one cue.....

Features:
- Special Edition Black Panther Transfer Butt
- Extended Sport Wrap
- Predator 3142 Shaft
- Tiger Everest Tip
- Uni-Loc Quick Release Joint
- McDermott Adjustable Weight System

Why don't all the cue companies just combine and call themselves General Cue?

Change all the "made in" copy to "made on Earth" and leave it at that.

I honestly believe that a company ought not to try to have it both ways. If you want to use the "made in America" emotional button then all your stuff should be made in America. Don't tap dance around it. All in or out.

I personally believe all the made in xxx is nonsense. Meaningless.

Made by XXX is the key. The company or person who made it should be standing behind their product no matter where it's made.

Jobba786

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for your wide reply!

Anyone has more information about production plant and/ or the mcdpred1-cue?

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Thanks for your wide reply!

Anyone has more information about production plant and/ or the mcdpred1-cue?

What are you looking for?

Do you want the address of the plant?

It states on the website that McDermott brand cues are made in the USA. Predator shafts are made in China. Tiger tips are made in the USA.

So the butt is made in the USA, shaft is made in China and surely finished at the McDermott factory in the USA.

I happen to be five minutes away from the factory that makes the "globally produced" brands that McDermott carries.

Jason Koopman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Don't know for sure about the mcpred 1, but my guess is they may make it in the factory in Wisconsin. They have made cues with wildlife themes in the past at the factory. It's a nice place, I've been there, but it was a long time ago. JB cases is correct in what he said are the lines made outside the US. The rest are made in Wisconsin. Another line that I believe is made in asia are the Genesis series, but I'm not sure if they are still in production.

Jobba786

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I wanted to know if the mcdpred1 butt was made in Wisconsin.

Thanks, Jon Birger

What are you looking for?

Do you want the address of the plant?

It states on the website that McDermott brand cues are made in the USA. Predator shafts are made in China. Tiger tips are made in the USA.

So the butt is made in the USA, shaft is made in China and surely finished at the McDermott factory in the USA.

I happen to be five minutes away from the factory that makes the "globally produced" brands that McDermott carries.

Jobba786

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I finally received an answer from McDermott, and they say "a majority of the cue was manufactured by Predator... in Asia...".

OTB

I DIDN'T DO IT!!!!
Silver Member
beat me to it John...........have a merry christmas and happy new year....:D

Some are made in the USA and some are made outside the USA. The Element, Lucky and Star brands are all made outside the USA as far as I know.

In fact they state it on their about us page http://www.mcdermottcue.com/company_history.php

Our Brands
McDermott Pool Cues
McDermott cues and shafts are one of the most recognized products in the billiard industry. Manufactured in Menomonee Falls, WI, McDermott cues are known for quality construction, exotic woods, intricate inlays and limitless custom options. Leading the industry in technology and craftsmanship with over 100 new models ranging from $199-$6500, McDermott remains the top choice for all players. They are proudly made in the U.S.A. and include a lifetime warranty against warpage.

Star Pool Cues
Get Noticed. Be a STAR
Star cues are designed, engineered, exclusively distributed and guaranteed for life by McDermott Cue. They feature premium maple and exotic woods mixed with intricate 4-color overlays. Manufactured globally using McDermott’s technology, Star cues provide the highest quality cue in its price range.

Lucky Pool Cues
FEELING LUCKY?
Lucky cues are designed, engineered and exclusively distributed by McDermott Cue. Lucky cues offer a mix of premium maple cues and intricate graphic overlays. These features give you an exceptional value for one of the most solid hitting globally manufactured cues in the industry.

Element Pool Cues
Ultimate Durability
Strong Performance
Element cues feature McDermott’s F2 Dual Fiber Core Technology. F2 Technology utilizes carbon fiber and our resin fiber-polymer to maximize power and stability. Each cue is moisture and warp resistant.

-----------------------------------------------------

This McPred cue has got to be the biggest mutt of a cue I have ever seen.

I can't figure out who is competing with who really.

McDermott makes their own line of "performance" shafts that compete against Predator. Tiger makes their own line of Performance shafts. And yet here are all three brands in one cue.....

Features:
- Special Edition Black Panther Transfer Butt
- Extended Sport Wrap
- Predator 3142 Shaft
- Tiger Everest Tip
- Uni-Loc Quick Release Joint
- McDermott Adjustable Weight System

Why don't all the cue companies just combine and call themselves General Cue?

Change all the "made in" copy to "made on Earth" and leave it at that.

I honestly believe that a company ought not to try to have it both ways. If you want to use the "made in America" emotional button then all your stuff should be made in America. Don't tap dance around it. All in or out.

I personally believe all the made in xxx is nonsense. Meaningless.

Made by XXX is the key. The company or person who made it should be standing behind their product no matter where it's made.

Jobba786

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The cue hits well, and I am very happy with the cue (especially since I prefer short butt sleeves). There was a little issue with the wrap and I sent it to a cuemaker who is putting stacked leather on the cue. He mentioned something about the butt which made me wonder where the butt was made (originally I though the butt was made in Wisconsin, and the predator shaft in China).

I received another clarifying mail from McDermott stating:
"All McDermott cues (except the McDPred1) are made entirely in Menomonee Falls, WI.

The other cue lines: Star, Lucky and Element are from Asia."

Thank you all for your help!

Jon Birger