Biagio Cue

stlerdave

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thinking of doing a raffle. What is a value area on this?

Attachments

• biagio2.jpg
    biagio2.jpg
    5.1 KB · Views: 2,505
  • biagio1.jpg
    biagio1.jpg
    5.9 KB · Views: 2,532
  • biagio3.jpg
    biagio3.jpg
    3.8 KB · Views: 2,360

Renegade_56

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
About the only thing I could find of significance is that they are made by BCE Billiard Cues of England. Nothing pertaining to value at all.

Interesting cue though.

Good luck with it.

cue fix

Will "MONSOON" & SEARING!
Silver Member
Some people think these cues are valuable, but it depends on how much someone wants one. I have seen plainer model ones that the person wanted $700 for which I thought was way out of line. Yours looks like it was probably the top model with all the design. If it is straight and in good condition I would say maybe $300 tops. That's my opinion.

Sledge

Registered
This is a C&P I found from a credible source:

"Biagio was a 'house brand' offered by Crystal Leisure<Colorado >,
a billiard product distributor
the 'Biago' cues were originally made by Adam Cues<owned by Dick
Helmstetter >
the production was later switched to Danny James of Joss East - I am
not aware of 'Joss' appearing on the Biagio cues, but it could have"

I know this info. is late, but better than never??? :D I found the information while researching a "Biagio" for a friend/cue collector friend of mine. The pictures you posted match the description that he provided exactly, seems to be the same model he just obtained??? Very nice looking cue in my opinion.

Sincerely,
Sledge

Last edited:

rustlersterrik

Obviously you don't know about the "Biagio" cue. You may think $700 is way out of line
but actually in great condition is probably worth more. $300 tops for one in good condition...Pleeease. Before you comment on something you ought to know what your talking about.

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Obviously you don't know about the "Biagio" cue. You may think $700 is way out of line
but actually in great condition is probably worth more. $300 tops for one in good condition...Pleeease. Before you comment on something you ought to know what your talking about.

I know the cues pretty well.

$700 is out of line for any of them.

There were at least three manufacturers involved. The best Biagio cues ever made were made by JOSS, and none of them would break into the $700 range unless you found a really "uneducated" buyer that didn't know he could find one for substantially less than that.

Of course...one could always simply pay too much if one wished....

jayman

Hi Mom!
Gold Member
Silver Member

Enlighten us. I have seen them on E-bay for years, They really don't sell for a whole lot. So how much are you willing to pay for this one?

Shark88

Registered
Thinking of doing a raffle. What is a value area on this?

I bought one of these new, I'd say in the early to mid 80's and paid about $300 new for it. I sold it a few years later after I picked up my Phillippi that I still have to this day. It wasn't a bad shooting cue, you just couldn't get much action from it. The guy I sold it to over 15 years ago still has it, I might get it back someday for sentimental reasons.

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I bought one of these new, I'd say in the early to mid 80's and paid about $300 new for it. I sold it a few years later after I picked up my Phillippi that I still have to this day. It wasn't a bad shooting cue, you just couldn't get much action from it. The guy I sold it to over 15 years ago still has it, I might get it back someday for sentimental reasons.

Do you know if yours was JOSS or Asian made?

I would love to have a good example of each in my collection eventually.

cubswin

Just call me Joe...
Silver Member

Ah the ole I have no idea what I'm talking about post. You made a classic example of it, excellent job.

Shark88

Registered
Do you know if yours was JOSS or Asian made?

I would love to have a good example of each in my collection eventually.

I never really knew and at the time I didn't know enough to ask. For some reason I always thought it was an English company. lol

acedonkeyace

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A lot of people get 'Biaggio' and 'Longoni' confused,

The 'Biagio' cues were made in Japan and in USA, one by Adams-Helmstetter company and the other by JOSS (East) Janes family.

Values, who knows, when they sold new they ranged from $200 to $800, but re-sale, to each his own, only as valueable as someone is willing to pay.

Hope this helps a bit,

All of the cues were of good quality, but were, production level cues, not CUSTOM

Mike 'acedonkeyace' Kennedy

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Actually, there was a third maker and they were in Taiwan.

And there is no such thing as JOSS East. There is no Joss West either. There is Joss and there was Josswest.

daimion

Something Clever...
Silver Member
i cant offer any information about the cue. but from my understanding there were to be NO more raffles on AZ. Might want to check that out if this is the site you intended on doing it on.

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i cant offer any information about the cue. but from my understanding there were to be NO more raffles on AZ. Might want to check that out if this is the site you intended on doing it on.

The original post is almost two years old.

If I remember correctly this cue was already raffled or sold back then, so that part is probably a dead issue.

cueman

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Biagio is just a brand name that is owned by one of the major billiard supply companies. The early Biagios were made by Billiard Cues of England. Later by Joss and then other Asian companies. They just kept using that private label brand name and got them made by whoever they wished. The BCE and Joss made cues were were good quality. I have no idea of the quality of the Asian made ones now. Later ones would be harder to pin point who made them, but the early ones by BCE (Billiard Cues of England) had a nylon shaft insert and a 3/8-10 thread pin. That was the first cue I ever saw built with that joint combination and they were made in the late 1980's.