My Gracio cue

cyrex

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I wanted to take a minute and write a review on my new Scott Gracio cue I recently received. Since he is still a 'new' cue maker on the scene I figured there would be people out there curious to know how his cues are.

Let me start by saying he is a really nice guy to deal with. He was good with communication and something I thought was very cool was that he actually wanted to know how I play. Not just what I want in a custom cue.. but how I play. What games.. what style.. how do I USE my cue. Rep point for that!

I won't say what I paid for my cue but I will say his prices are very fair. However, I know his prices are going up soon. And rightly so.. supply and demand!

OK.. the cue Scott made for me is a wrapless cue. Maple forearm and buttsleeve with an Amboyna burl handle. Here is a link to some pics of the cue in progress:

Two almost ready

Specs are:
Butt:
*Length: 29"
*Weight: 15.3
*Butt Diameter: 1.244
*Joint Diameter: .0854
*Joint type: Flat faced 3/8x10 brass pin
Note: pin length is 1 1/4" long
*Wrap: Amboyna burl

Shaft:
*Weight: 3.6
*Tip Diameter: 12.80mm
*Ringwork: Thick Amboyna ring between brass rings

attachment.php

Last edited:

cyrex

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
part 2

I lucked out that he had the woods I wanted in stock so my wait time wasn't bad at all. Shipping was fast and the cue was very well packed.

Pulling it out of the BLANKET... the cue is absolutely perfect. The finish is flawless and the shaft is super bright and clean. Fantastic grain in the shaft and a very nice taper also. The woods he used are highly figured and just awesome pieces. The overall design is simple and very well balanced. The brass rings really match up nicely to give the cue an overall warmth to it.

OK.... now the best part of the cue.. the hit. I could easily just say it hits good. But that would be an understatement. The cue hits GREAT! Like a very solid 1 piece cue. And not overly stiff. If the cue looked like crap I would still recommend it based on the hit alone. Really.

Thank you Scott for all your hard work and effort to satisfy a customer. I can say without hesitation that if you stick to what you're doing.. you will no doubt go on to be one of the greats.

I'll post up some updated pics soon.

md5key

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Glad you like your cue - I have a Gracio as well and I couldn't be happier with it!

FLYINGSNAIL

Koo Cues
Silver Member
Beautiful cue

Rex,
Bring both cue by the house. I want to test hit few balls with. I have never got a chance to hit with Mr. Gracio cue before.
Kenny
I wanted to take a minute and write a review on my new Scott Gracio cue I recently received. Since he is still a 'new' cue maker on the scene I figured there would be people out there curious to know how his cues are.

Let me start by saying he is a really nice guy to deal with. He was good with communication and something I thought was very cool was that he actually wanted to know how I play. Not just what I want in a custom cue.. but how I play. What games.. what style.. how do I USE me cue. Rep point for that!

I won't say what I paid for my cue but I will say his prices are very fair. However, I know his prices are going up soon. And rightly so.. supply and demand!

OK.. the cue Scott made for me is a wrapless cue. Maple forearm and buttsleeve with an Amboyna burl handle. Here is a link to some pics of the cue in progress:

Two almost ready

Specs are:
Butt:
*Weight: 15.3
*Butt Diameter: 1.244
*Joint Diameter: .0854
*Joint type: Flat faced 3/8x10 brass pin
Note: pin length is 1 1/4" long
*Wrap: Amboyna burl

Shaft:
*Weight: 3.6
*Tip Diameter: 12.80mm
*Ringwork: Thick Amboyna ring between brass rings

attachment.php

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i am glad to hear the great reports,I ordered a cue fom him,and found him to be a nice guy to deal with,i had seen pretty pictures but i didn't know anyone that had one so i ordered a pretty fancy cue based on looks and gut feel.I am going to order another one now that I hear these testimonials.

Dean Campbell

yuri_b17

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
simply classy...loved the brass in the ringworks...congrats...looking forward to having my Gracio too...

Jim Baxter

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Those look great and fast service. You should mention the JP builder.

Those look like a set my Shop Assistant did while I was out of town . Cristy does Great work. Thanks Jim:thumbup:..Give credit where credit is due, She did a super job.

Last edited: