Navigator tips

Magnumsk

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I saw that McDermott now sells a tip brand called Navigator. Anyone try them? What would you compare them to? Are they any good?

Kimmo H.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I recently bought a few of their Blue impact tips to see how they play. Put on a medium on a 314 shaft and I must say that I am positively surprised on how nice it is.

Hit is difficult to compare to other tips as it is a bit different from most. Zan M may be the closest feelwise to the medium hardness blue impact.
Holds chalk fairly well, doesnt seem to mushroom much after one trim. Glazes over time like all laminated tips tend to. I really like sound of hit on the blue impact. They are easy to install on a lathe, cuts well and dont need too much burnishing to look nice.
I cant speak for how long it lasts as I have had mine on for a few weeks now but for now I like pretty well.

Good tips in my book :rolleyes:

danks9000

Registered
Hello, I have tried both the Alpha Soft and the Blue Impact Soft. Haven't tried the Black. The Blue Impact, imo, is a bit more reactive to cueball english than the Alpha. In terms of feel it is similiar to a moori. It all depends on your personal game, it your a player that hits alot of center ball, the alpha could be preference for you. But I tend to use alot of english, which the Blue Impact Soft seems to enhance more than the Alpha. Either tip does not mushroom or glaze over, which was very surprising. I heard somewhere that these tips are engineered towards using Navigator brand chalk with these tips, But I still am hesitant to shell out $20 for a piece of chalk

JC

Coos Cues
Heard very good reviews about these Japanese tips just yesterday from a knowledgeable pro. He told me they maintain their softness for a long time, which is key. I plan to try some.

JC

TitoNZL

Registered
@Magnumsk I purchased a Break Impact Jump & Break tip a while ago for my BK3 and I have not had any problems what so ever while breaking with it, its got a nice hit p.s at the start of playing with it the break tip seemed a bit flimsy but after tip she worked like a charm. Hope this helps? :)