Gold Crown Pocket Types

krupa

The Dream Operator
Silver Member
I have an older model Gold Crown (I think it's a II but have no definitive proof) and the rubber/plastic pockets have been beat to hell. I was looking at Classic Billiards to get a price and I see they have two offerings:

Factory Brunswick style replacement Gully return boots for Gold Crown One/Two/Three models.

and

A High Quality replacement for factory Return style pockets for Brunswick Gold Crown 1-2-3 models.

Are they the same thing? The pictures are different (probably for different pockets on the table) and there's a $70 price difference.

Thanks
-matthew

JC

Coos Cues
I have an older model Gold Crown (I think it's a II but have no definitive proof) and the rubber/plastic pockets have been beat to hell. I was looking at Classic Billiards to get a price and I see they have two offerings:

Factory Brunswick style replacement Gully return boots for Gold Crown One/Two/Three models.

and

A High Quality replacement for factory Return style pockets for Brunswick Gold Crown 1-2-3 models.

Are they the same thing? The pictures are different (probably for different pockets on the table) and there's a $70 price difference.

Thanks
-matthew

I have a set of originals on my GC3 that I've had for about 7 years and recently bought a set from Ken at Classic of his less expensive ones for another table I was putting together for my son. I can assure you the less expensive one's are not lacking in quality. They are not the "Same thing" obviously but they are very nice. I can't tell the difference between the two sets. Save your money and buy the aftermarket ones. But do not under any circumstances buy the one's that are even cheaper (cincaro). They suck in every way a pocket can suck!!

Ok sorry for the edit but I just remembered there is one thing I did notice different. The originals seem tighter on the seam where the lip lays over the pocket iron on my GC than on the AMF shown below. Not a big deal but it seems like they just hug tighter at that area all around the rim. Not 100% sure the AMF iron is exactly the same as Brunswick. I have not tried them on a GC yet.

Here's what they look like on this AMF Grand Prix we just put together. I also bought a set of the gulley pockets for ball return table for my other son's GC2 we're working on and they look just the same up top. Really finishes the pocket nicely.

JC

Last edited: