Wanted: cheap/effective break cue

Hierovision

Dios mio, man.
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
I'm breaking with a relatively stink-pickle quality stick and would like to get my hands on a decent break cue with a phenolic tip and hard ferrule/joint material. Whatever's going to get the best results without spending over about $200. I know there are some sledgehammers for sale around 250-300 but I've got a budget... I'm hoping for a used cue around 150-200. I know it's not much $ but I don't care what it looks like as long as it feels good and wallops the front ball like a champ.

joeboxer

WIAWSNB
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
62   0   0
you can get the fury j/b for 150 and under. or look into the mezz powerbreak1 for 200 at billiardwarehouse. i have both and they both break just as good as the sledgehammer. good luck

metal5d

Pool Player
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I just got a new Fury J/B off ebay for $115. It breaks them as good as anything else I have tried.

PAINPOOL

Banned
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No

No way, 65.00 JJ is the best. I have had 400.00 break cues that do not hold a stick to this JJ. It also jumps great. Thanx Aaron 815-243-1101

KOINNKID

Troy
Silver Member
Rating - 99.9%
925   1   2
I can get you a J&J jump break brand new for 58.00 delivered. PM me if interested. Very similiar to a Bunjee JB.

glfgd82

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
get ahold of Chrisonline, I got my J&J from him with J/P's, at my door in 2 days including the day I sent the money to him! Then spend the rest of the money at the tables just breaking for an hour every other day, they are great and you can even pick up extra shafts for $30 with the once piece ferrule/tip on ebay as well.

spankman8

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Brand new Power break 1 for $190 if interested PM me for details. J&J jump/break $55. Titanium tip smith and wesson jump/break $115.

Thanks, Mark

TULIPWOOD LOVER

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Used falcon jump/break forsale

I have a used falcon J/b forsale $150 shipped. They are around $300 new. I can send pictures if you'd like.

Hierovision

Dios mio, man.
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Where have I been without AZbilliards forums all my life? So many resources and offers... but I believe I've made a decision. I'll let you all know how it turns out after my first day/night with it... I plan on spending around 8 or 10 hours straight with it so rest assured I'll give it a good workout.

Hierovision

Dios mio, man.
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
I went with a Varney j/b. I sometimes break with a friend's mcdermott so I should have a decent frame-of-reference for a quality review. I will put it through its course, trust me :)
I watched colin's video on power breaking so I will have to give that a shot with the new cue once I've gotten confident with my current breaker. Then I plan on retiring the old one to the wife's collection :D

woodyosborne

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
personal observations on varney jump/break cues

varney jump/ break cues far outnumber others at the local room. there are sledgehammers, fury's,j&j, others. more varneys than any other. why? they perform both tasks well-break and jump as well as your skill level allows. i don't have a jump/break yet but do recognize a use/need for one.
it will probably end up being a varney. i usually jump with a schon shaft/micarta ferrule since that is what i started jumping with in early 90's. oh yeah by the way can we say resale value? varney jump/breaks hold their value very well. haven't seen any fire sales on them. hmmm wonder why.
bt he way this is a very unsolicited comment on varney's cues! don't know him personally, don't have any financial dealings/interest whatsever. just an honest opinion of what i think is a good deal. best of luck with your cue.

No Illusions

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What jump/break to buy.

Buy a Varney, your jump break cue takes a lot of abuse, I use a Varney and they won't ever let you down.

bignit

Registered
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a j&j jump break, also a falcon nick varner sig. series jump break. Let me know if you are interested

bnall

<---Proud Dad
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
100   0   0
No Illusions said:
Buy a Varney, your jump break cue takes a lot of abuse, I use a Varney and they won't ever let you down.

I second that. I have had many jump break cues in the past even a xbreaker, but I found the Varney jump break cue to be the best one I have owned by far. You wont be disappointed at all.

Bryan

feldz23

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Check with chrisonline for a J&J jump break. They hit great and don't let the cheap price fool you. I've bought 4 for myself so far and everytime I get a new one someone buys it from me.....oh....well.....

bruin70

don't wannabe M0DERATOR
Silver Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
go to your local poolroom, pick a cue that has DARK prominent straight grain,,,,and/or curly figuring in the shaft area. buy it for $20, change the ferrule to aegis, get a compreme or buffalo hard tip.