My custom Capone cue! :(

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
UPDATE:

I finally managed to reach him on his phone....he was on vacation. Long story short, he was able to find a large enough piece of good looking snake wood, it took some time but he has it now. I was told to expect it around Thanksgiving. He was very kind and apologized for the delay. He mentioned something along the lines of finding a different way to use the snake wood as a full sleeve so that it won't crack.

All in all, I should have the cue back in a few weeks....and I'm still a die hard fan of his masterpieces. I can't wait to get her back! :)

Harry

Thank you for keeping us posted. I know you got tons of red rep for this posting, but I think enthusiasts need to stick together against the market at all times.

DirtyHarry

Registered
Thank you for keeping us posted. I know you got tons of red rep for this posting, but I think enthusiasts need to stick together against the market at all times.

I couldn't agree more. I was running out of options as to what to do. I was hoping this thread would get his attention, and it did. I know he's a super busy man, but I was concerned after not getting any feedback after 6 months on a $3K cue. I'm just glad it's being taken care of and I can't wait to see the work he did on the cue. Thanksgiving is going to be more like Xmas for me. :)

Harry

YubaCushion

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You don't get a gold star for doing what you should do. You get one for doing what you shouldn't have to do. Having to go through the long and painful 5 minuets registering to get a hold of someone who spent 3000$ on one of your cues to fix it is not above and beyond. No gold star for that. Then If I read this right it was like 5 months before he heard something back? That's bullshit. He couldn't spend another grueling 5 minuets writing an email that said (Got the cue.) or change his answering message to (On vacation, call back in three months.) I've talked to 70 year old big time cue makers that can answer a phone. 70 years old! Moreover, Searing and Szamboti were kind enough to write an email back answering my question. And I didn't have an order placed. I'll get back to you when I feel like it That's not right. If you were waiting on a cue to be made then it's shut up and wait. But a return for repair, you get a heads up. Especially since you shouldn't have to send it back in the first place.
Sorry, that just really pisses me off.

islandboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm glad he took care of you. Never would return my calls, had to go through Roy Mallott at Indyqs.

Even so, Mike does make a great playing cue.

DirtyHarry

Registered
4 some odd years later and have taken the cue around the world with me. Snake wood has held up just fine. I still have her in pristine condition and struggle using anything different.

Roy did reach out to me a long while back to see if the matter was resolved. Roy is a blessing to work with. Cheers!

Harry