Best players who have never won World Pool Championship?

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Best players (still alive and playing) who have never won a World 8 ball or 9 ball or 10 ball championship?
Here are a few that comes to mind
-SVB
-Vincent Yang
-Lee Van
:D

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Jimmy Moore
Shane Van Boening
Corey Deuel
Buddy Hall
Dallas West

I consider anyone who won an event at Johnston City as having won a world championship and have omitted Harold Worst from my list because he was a world champion at 3-cushion.

Last edited:

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Stu-

Actually, Neils Feijen DID win a World Championship .... in 14.1 Straight Pool .... when he won the World 14.1 Tournament in 2008 in East Brunswick, New Jersey which was sanctioned as a world championship that year by the World Pool-Billiard Association. Link below:

http://www.wpa-pool.com/web/world_champions

Ah yes, I remember that one in which he beat Francisco in the final about 200-10. Forgot it was a sanctioned event at the time.

Thanks for the correction, Michael. I'll correct my post.

PoolBum

Ace in the side.
Silver Member
Jimmy Moore
Shane Van Boening
Corey Deuel
Buddy Hall
Dallas West

I consider anyone who won an event at Johnston City as having won a world championship and have omitted Harold Worst from my list because he was a world champion at 3-cushion.

Worst also won the 9-ball, straight pool, and all-around at Johnston City in 1965.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Worst also won the 9-ball, straight pool, and all-around at Johnston City in 1965.

Yeah, I guessed he'd won something at Johnston City, but wasn't sure. I was 100% sure he'd won World Championships in 3-cushion.

Thanks for the info.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
So the 2007 Predator World 10 Ball Championship wasn't really the World 10 Ball Championship?

Exactly. It was not. As a WPA sanctioned championship, the World 10-ball Championship debuted in 2008.

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So the 2007 Predator World 10 Ball Championship wasn't really the World 10 Ball Championship?
the Predator was UPA event not WPA. it was biggest 10b event before WPA started W10B in 2008
Shane's best finish in a WC is quarters. He has never been in semis or final :D

Jose Parica belongs on the list.
Agree. He has won biggest tourney with biggest prizemoney in the 80s, the World Pro but never won a WC

Str8PoolPlayer

“1966 500 SuperFast”
Silver Member
Tony Watson .... plays (played) "under the radar" to make a comfortable living
and is (was) Champion material in my estimation. Rafael Martinez-Chavez is another Candidate.

pooladdict

no doubt about it
Silver Member
Jimmy Moore
Shane Van Boening
Corey Deuel
Buddy Hall
Dallas West

Stu, normally your posts are very sensible, but this time I have to arrest you :)

It doesn't matter how many american champions who attended Johnston City back in the days - players outside the US ( and there are a few..) didn't even know about it at the time. Comparing that to a world championship is just plain wrong