Predator Z2 shaft or 314 2?

Apollo

Hey, I was wondering if anyone could tell me some of the differences in these shafts from personal experience. I know the Z2 shaft has a stronger taper and a shorter ferrule, but how do these differences effect playability. Replies are greatly appreciated.

Black Cat 5791

I get all the Breaks
Silver Member
Without making this a long and drawn out explanation, I would highly recommend that you try both shafts and make a decision on your own findings.

I personally can play with either, however I prefer the Z2 because it fit's my game style much better.

Black Cat :cool:

JimS

Grandpa & his grand boys.
Silver Member
If you like a thin shaft the z2 is the answer. It's 12mm or less. The 314 is 13mm... I think. The Z2 tested to have less deflection.

CreeDo

Fargo Rating 597
Silver Member
I tried the thinner diameter only for a little while and didn't like it. Under 12 mm feels a little like smacking the ball with a crayon. I'm liking the fat shaft. But you might feel totally different, no substitute for putting the stick in your hands and hitting balls with it.

poolplayer2093

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey, I was wondering if anyone could tell me some of the differences in these shafts from personal experience. I know the Z2 shaft has a stronger taper and a shorter ferrule, but how do these differences effect playability. Replies are greatly appreciated.

i've tried a z shaft before and imo it's a good shaft but the smaller tip might lead to unwanted english from not cueing exactly where you want to. it's still on my list of things to try out. these days i'm liking the close to 13mm shafts

JustinHayes

I'll need an Orange Crush
Silver Member
Here's some info:

Z-2 shaft: 11.75 mm, Ferrule = 4/10"
314-2 shaft: 12.75 mm, Ferrule = 6/10"
314 Fat shaft: 13.2 mm, Ferrule = 6/10"

I have the z2 and the 314-2 ... I like the Z shaft a lot better and I believe I can be more percise on english with the smaller tip, but that's just me. I like them both

You also may want to consider the OB-1 and/or OB-2 shafts as well.

Last edited:

peteypooldude

I see Edges
Silver Member
I use a 314-2,but I also have a reg 314 and they both play great,the z shaft is a little too thin for me,but my preference is the 314-2

mr_griff

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Predator shafts

I second the notion that you need to put both in your hands before you would know whats best. The difference in a 11.25 tip with a euro taper, and a 12.75 with a pro taper is very dramatic if you ask me. I'd make sure you try a z before considering it. If you are used to a pro taper already, the 314 would probably be a safe bet if your not in a location where you have the luxury of testing them.