Starbilliards Cup April 27-29,2012

joyren

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
with the recent cancellation of the Tournament here in Pasay, Philippines, i am personally sadden of what have transpired, so Mr Sebastian Chua (owner of Starbilliards) and friends talk to me, pooled their resources andwe came up in organizing a 2 day tournament with a total gurantee prize money of $5,000 or P230,000

i know this is not much, but rather doing nothing here, i hope the players who are already here in the Philippines can join this tournament

Where : Starbilliards Center
When : April 27-29,2012 (depends on the number of participants)
Format : double knockout, Top 4 Cross over
Time : starts 10am

10 Balls, WPA rules will be use

top 16 payouts
Champion : P100,000 or $2300
Runner-up : P40,000 or $930
3rd & 4th : P20,000 or $465 each
5th to 8th : P8,000 or $190each
9th to 16th : P4,000 or $90each

tournament fee P1,500 or $35

contact me for details or Ms Verna Mariano

you can view some of the games via live streaming
www.starbilliards.com.ph

Last edited:

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
It is very good of you guys to try and make something out of this situation that suddenly arose. I know that 5K is a ton of money to put together at last minute. Good luck with your venture, I hope it turns out well for all involved.

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
Thank you and your friends for doing this. Hope you have a nice turnout. Johnnyt

joyren

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Got to share this guys to you
A Total of 57 players showed up for this tournament both locals and foreign

Top 16 results are
1. Jeffrey de luna
2. Edgie geronimo
3. Dennis orcullo
4. Ronnie alcano
5. John rebong
6. Lee van corteza
7. Mika immonen
8. Jericho bañares
9. Jech limen
10. Godofredo ducanes
11. Allan Cuartero
12. Oliver villafuerte
13. Jundel mazon
14. Mario tolentino
15. Lenardo didal
16. Antonio lining

They will play a single round elimination today starting 1pm eastern time(HKG +8)
You can watch live via www.starbilliards.com.ph

joyren

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
SVB joined the tournament, demolished his opponents in the early rounds, but loss to Jericho Bañares hill hill, bringing him to the loser side, then losing again to Rodolfo Luat. SVB

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
SVB joined the tournament, demolished his opponents in the early rounds, but loss to Jericho Bañares hill hill, bringing him to the loser side, then losing again to Rodolfo Luat. SVB

Thank you for the updates.

If Shane does some gambling would you be kind enough to post the results?
Thanks,
JoeyA

joyren

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Starbilliards Cup Results
Champion - Jerico Bañares (100,000)
Runner-up - Lee Vann Corteza (40,000)
3rd & 4th - Dennis Orcullo, Ronnie Alcano @ (20,000) each
5th to 8th - Jeffrey de Luna, Jundel Mazon, Leonardo Didal, Jech Limen @(8,000) each
9th to 16th - Antonio Lining, Edgie Geronimo, Mika Immonen, Allan Cuartero, John Rebong, Mario Tolentino, Godofredo Ducanes, Oliver Villafuerte @ (4,000) each

joyren

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just a recap, from the Top 8 down to the Semi Finals, it was a thrilling pool battle to watch, there was no safe leads and almost all went down to the wire hill hill matches, anybody could have won their matches. Only the finals was a lopside victory for Jericho Bañares.

Pangit

Banned
Starbilliards Cup Results
Champion - Jerico Bañares (100,000)
Runner-up - Lee Vann Corteza (40,000)
3rd & 4th - Dennis Orcullo, Ronnie Alcano @ (20,000) each
5th to 8th - Jeffrey de Luna, Jundel Mazon, Leonardo Didal, Jech Limen @(8,000) each
9th to 16th - Antonio Lining, Edgie Geronimo, Mika Immonen, Allan Cuartero, John Rebong, Mario Tolentino, Godofredo Ducanes, Oliver Villafuerte @ (4,000) each

It is "VERY SAD" that the Pinoy organizers couldn't get their collective shit together. Plan an International event...then cancel a week before???? It doesn't bode well for "trust" amongst international players. "I've already booked flights and rooms..."

The Pinoy "organizers" simply say "SORRY"...See you next year....

That's the way it is the PI.

Shit...I live here and still haven't seen in the local press why it was cancelled??? Mum is the word. Other than PACMAN, Pool is the biggest draw in the PI. I'm certain it has something to do with funding?

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Just a recap, from the Top 8 down to the Semi Finals, it was a thrilling pool battle to watch, there was no safe leads and almost all went down to the wire hill hill matches, anybody could have won their matches. Only the finals was a lopside victory for Jericho Bañares.

Thanks for putting this together at the last minute Joyren. The efforts of you and Verna are greatly appreciated by the players I'm sure. As is the generosity of Mr. Chua and the welcome mat he puts out for players at Star Billiards. :thumbup2:

P.S. FREE food and drinks. Free long distance phone calls and free use of the internet with laptops provided!

Last edited:

joyren

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for putting this together at the last minute Joyren. The efforts of you and Verna are greatly appreciated by the players I'm sure. As is the generosity of Mr. Chua and the welcome mat he puts out for players at Star Billiards. :thumbup2:

P.S. FREE food and drinks. Free long distance phone calls and free use of the internet with laptops provided!

Thanks Jay, this was a last minute call from Mr Chua, that is why me and Verna just did what we can to organize this tournament
Mr Chua did see how pool is so popular here, he is planning to do this a monthly even, just imagine coming up with $5,000 every month, i know with his stature, he can pull this off. Hopefully this can push thru. Me and Verna will see to it we do it successfully.

Last edited:

joyren

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Btw Jay, i sent something to Dennis Orcullo for you, hope you will like it