Kevin Becker 216
David Sapolis 212
Cetin Aslin 207
Johnny Archer 200
Bob Maidhof ?
Jimmy Fusco ?

I don't know if all these are alive though

ive talked to many of these players.

at least 10 of those numbers are off the mark,some by along way and almost everybody that has a wrong number ran less then posted. its cool that anybody cares though.

Samiel

Sea Player
Silver Member
Jui Lung Chen (of Taiwan, now Texas) has a high run 236 or 239 (I can't remember).

Blackjack

Illuminati Blacksmack
Silver Member
ive talked to many of these players.

at least 10 of those numbers are off the mark,some by along way and almost everybody that has a wrong number ran less then posted. its cool that anybody cares though.

LOL ... John Schmidt's high run is actually 403 - "Mr 400" is just easier to say... and remember... he runs 400's every day for breakfast and twice for lunch - four times a day on Sundays - and he can run hundreds one handed while riding a dirt bike.

:wink:

Dan Harriman

One of the best in 14.1
Silver Member
The 200 ball run group

It's great to see the interest in such a prestigous list of players. A hundred ball run is a World Class achievment but two hundred is only reserved for a few. Once I practiced without keeping score, I wanted to stay completely focused on the game (possible high run.):) I would add that if I am running 200 or better every couple weeks, I am fairly confident going up against someone who has a higher run than that of my own personal best. The high run tables conditions have more of an impact when a great player moves up past two hundred balls.

Last edited:

Dave Nelson

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
George Pawelski of Racine has run over 200 7 times with a high of 269. I don't know about documentation but George told me this personally in answer to my question and I see no reason to doubt his word.

Dave Nelson

stevekur1

The "COMMISH"
Silver Member
Here's one that Steve Lipsky will like to hear.... some years back i witnessed Jerry Nachovski run a 228 against Mike Moore.

-Steve

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It was about 30 years ago I asked Neptune Joe Frady from NJ what his high run was and he said 235. I don't know if he's run more but anyone that knows him will vouch for his ability to run that number.

harris4143

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
How about paul scofield who owns gold crown billiards in erie pa im not sure of his high run but i know he use to play straight pool very well

Bobby

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I believe Tony "Flaco" Rodriguez has a high run of 214, he says he ran it in the early 1980's.

Also, Ginky's high run is listed as 252 but it says on his wikipedia page that he ran 344 last year at Slate billiards...don't know if it's true or not though.

Steve Lipsky

On quest for perfect 14.1
Silver Member
Hi Steve,

That's an interesting list, but a little hard to confirm. It would be nice to have a list of those who have run 100 in competition, which is a little easier to document and I think about as hard as doing 200 in practice.

Hi Bob,

I'll very respectfully disagree with you here on all counts :). What would you deem competition? Just world championships, or any tournament? If it's just world championships, you're excluding lots of players who never had the chance to play in one (not to mention we went about 15 very recent years without one). If it's any sort of competition, I'm not sure it's any easier to document than my list. I've played in lots of 14.1 tournaments, some more legitimate than others, but I wasn't aware of much official record-keeping going on in really any of them. Additionally, tournaments have all different formats and trying to tease out useful high run information from them would prove challenging.

I guess we disagree on the comparative difficulty of running balls in practice or competition, because if anything I find practice more difficult to put up numbers. Most top players I've spoken with tend to agree with me here. Even if I were to put myself in the mindset of someone who believed practice was easier, I don't think you could convince me that running 200 was equivalent to 100 in competition. 200 is a ridiculously tough number to achieve. All things equal, it's not twice as difficult as 100. Tough to even venture a guess as to how much more difficult it is; maybe somewhere in the order of 80 to 100 times?

Finally, my goal was to compile a list of all the living players with the skill set to do something truly difficult. Is it arbitrary? Of course. Saying that Zion or Jon Smith or Jim Gottier or Tom Walter (just to name some top NYC players who've come super close but never hit the number) don't belong here is ridiculous. Similarly, players like Gabe Owen (just picking a random great player who probably never plays 14.1 at all) won't be on this list but clearly would make it if they gave it a serious shot. But that would be a similar problem on the 100-in-competition list.

I know there will be a few names on my list that probably never actually ran 200 but I do believe that by and large it can be accurate.

Your list would definitely have merit, but it's another concept entirely in my opinion.

- Steve

Last edited:

Steve Lipsky

Silver Member
Thomas Engert 492
Gene Nagy 430
Dallas West 429
Ray Martin 426
Allen Hopkins 421
Thorsten Hohmann 408
Earl Strickland 408
Alain Martel 408
John Schmidt 400
300 Plus
Jose Garcia 396
Jack Colavita 385
Johnny Ervolino 361
Dennis Hatch 360
Klaus Zobreskis 356
Sailor Barge 356
George Mecula 336
Grady Mathews 327
Dick Leonard 326
Werner Duregger 326
Oliver Ortmann 326
Steve Mizerak 321
Pete Fusco 321
Mike Sigel 319
Irving Crane 309
Danny Di Liberto 308
Pan Ande 306
*200 Plus
Joe Canton 287
Ralph Greenleaf 287
Dan Barouty 287
Alex Lely 272
Daryl Peach 273
Mika Immonen 267
Vegar Kristansen 267
Tony Robles 267
Cisero Murphy 262
Vilmos Foldes 259
Neils Feijen 259
Nick Van Den Berg 258
Andy Toth 256
George Ginky SanSouci 252
Bobby Hunter 225
Mike Massey 224
Don Willis 216
Kevin Becker 216
David Sapolis 212
Cetin Aslin 207
Johnny Archer 200
Bob Maidhof ?
Jimmy Fusco ?

I don't know if all these are alive though

Roy, though I did get some names from this list, its accuracy has been questioned in the past so I didn't want to use it for actual numbers.

sfleinen

14.1 & One Pocket Addict
Gold Member
Silver Member
Wayne Norcross' high run is 211

Another name I hear being thrown around with high runs in 14.1, is Wayne Norcross. I'm not sure of his high run, but perhaps someone on here might know -- or might be able to confirm with Wayne himself? (I don't know Wayne, I'm just going by memory from some videos that someone had posted in another forum about Wayne's beautiful slip-stroke.)

-Sean

Steve:

FYI, it looks like Wayne Norcross is also in the 200+ group, as described here:

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=190028

Danny Kuykendal apparently has this info.

-Sean

J

Jody C

Steve,
I would think George Rood should make that list of 200.
Thanks, Jody

Steve Lipsky

Silver Member
Steve,
I would think George Rood should make that list of 200.
Thanks, Jody

Hi Jody. Are you saying you know George ran 200, or you think he might have? Can anyone else chime in?

Also, can anyone help out with the Filipinos?

Thanks,
Steve

Last edited:

Dave Nelson

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Spelling correction: George Pawalski vs Pawelski. There is also a Pawelski, same pronunciation, different spelling, whom I have not met, who is a very good player but whose high run I do not know.

Dave Nelson