Bludworth 4 spindle CNC Machine

kiinstructor

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Does anyone have a Bludworth 4 spindle CNC Machine? The one I have has all four spindles driven off a 3 hp Baldor motor. What I need to know is are the spindles specially made and can they be replaced. Had four now only 2 work. The others overheated and stopped running. I would like to know if the bearings are repaceable. If so I think I can do that. I am currently using just one spindle but I do want the others to be functional. Emailed Leonard with no reply. Thanks for any help.

Mark

cutter

Steve Klein Custom Cues
Silver Member
Blud 4 spindle

I have Blud's original 4 head machine. It originally had the one motor. He switched mine to 4 perske spindles, so maybe there was a reason.

kiinstructor

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No these are not NSKs. Blud went to those sometime later. These are four seperate heavy duty spindles that each have a number of bearings. I think they can be replaced but have no idea who can do it. I will try to contact blud again. Thanks for replies.

Mark

cutter

Steve Klein Custom Cues
Silver Member
Blud

Mark
If those spindles are made the same way the headstock spindles are made, they are probably abec 7 bearings and should be able to be removed and replaced. Probably involves heating and press fitting the bearings. If you have any machine shops around that do automotive work, you might try them. Blud can be hard to get a hold of, but when you track him down, I've always found him more than willing to help.

WilleeCue

The Barefoot Cuemaker
Silver Member
Does anyone have a Bludworth 4 spindle CNC Machine? The one I have has all four spindles driven off a 3 hp Baldor motor. What I need to know is are the spindles specially made and can they be replaced. Had four now only 2 work. The others overheated and stopped running. I would like to know if the bearings are repaceable. If so I think I can do that. I am currently using just one spindle but I do want the others to be functional. Emailed Leonard with no reply. Thanks for any help.

Mark

Your best bet is to contact Bludworth and see if he can help you either with parts or information.
Just keep trying and hope he responds.
I know he is busy trying to sell his steakhouse in Leeky Texas.
He does hang out here sometimes so he might see this and contact you.

Willee

Last edited: