Willie Mosconi Signed Cue

Shooter08

Runde Aficianado
Silver Member
Anybody have any ideas on what a Willie Mosconi signed sneaky pete with COA would be worth? Or anybody interested, i should have it next week if I pick it up. Thx

Shooter08

Runde Aficianado
Silver Member
Rare or Not? I havent seen many!!!! Poll closer to $100 or $500?

Trying to determine if a Willie Mosconi signed Sneaky Pete with pre-cert of COA is worth anything. I have tried to find more signed Mosconi cues but it seems he signed a million balls but not many cues. Any of you AZ'ers have any input? You think this is worth more or less than $250, I will be updating this on Sunday with a count. Anyone who answers with a legit opinion will be entered into a pool to win a free box of Magic Chalk, now is your chance to try it and not have to buy it, to be shipped via USPS on 8/19. Your opinion is appreciated. Thx

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
His Signature Is Valuable

Don't sell it for <$250........the cue is worth a lot, lot more than a signed cue ball or object ball. You could also play with the cue and not worry about the signature being ruined.

Heck, I'd put the cue on display in a case if I owned a pool hall and collectors might feel the same way. If you're not hard pressed for money, I'd hang onto it.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
I'd buy it in a heart beat, with provenance.
$250 seems like a bargain.

peteypooldude

I see Edges
Silver Member
I would think any cue with a Mosconi sig would far exceed 250$
If its the real deal you better grab it or someone else will
Who did you say had the cue?:eek:

Last edited:

KoolKat9Lives

Taught 'em all I know
Silver Member
How much would the sneaky be worth if it didn't have a sig? (not all sneakies cost the same, details might help)

Shooter08

Runde Aficianado
Silver Member
So far three in the running for the free Magic Chalk, that is pretty good odds, what a small price to pay for the opinion of some real players and pool lovers. Thx guys, ShooterO8

Powerlifter

Rat in a cage
Silver Member
How much would the sneaky be worth if it didn't have a sig? (not all sneakies cost the same, details might help)

I think that's the difference maker here. You can get a roundabout of what his signature is gonna be worth,but the type of sneaky it's on is gonna make an impact on the price,regardless.

tucson9ball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think that's the difference maker here. You can get a roundabout of what his signature is gonna be worth,but the type of sneaky it's on is gonna make an impact on the price,regardless.

^^^^^
What he said...

If his sig was on a Tim Scruggs sneaky it might boost the value up around 1K. If it's a Dufferin house cue/turned sneaky, maybe you could get $250 just for the sig?

Pushout

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
^^^^^
What he said...

If his sig was on a Tim Scruggs sneaky it might boost the value up around 1K. If it's a Dufferin house cue/turned sneaky, maybe you could get $250 just for the sig?

I highly doubt Mosconi's signature is worth that much to autograph collectors/dealers. I may have a price in my autograph books but they are packed anticipating a move to a new house soon as we close. You might get that price from a pool player but he could probably get the sig for less from a professional autograph dealer.

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I agree with Pushout. I don't think Mosconi's autograph would bring even $250...especially on a plain cue that wasn't even his. I have his autograph on three of his books. If his autograph brings that kinda dough they are ALL for sale! LOL

Scott Lee
http://poolknowledge.com

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
Depends on the type of cue and condition of the cue, depends on the clarity/condition of the signature, depends on the reputation of the company that issued the COA.

If it is just a no name, good condition SP, with a pretty decent signature, and a good COA, yeah, I'd sat it's wortha few hundo. He signed many things, balls, books, etc, but not many cues, and that makes it a little cooler in my book...

I'd say the best way to find out is to post a picture, with the COA, and put in the For Sale section with a BEST OFFER, and that will tell you exactly what it is worth, what somebody is willing to pay. I'd love to have something like that....

Last edited:

rayjay

some of the kids
Silver Member
Mosconi signed lots and lots of pool balls and lots of other stuff, but not that many cues. The cue is not a valuable cue (as far as I know), so the only value is the signature on a somewhat rare item. The balls sell for around $50-100, usually with provenance. I'd say $2-300 would be about right. If the provenance showed he used this cue to win a big championship, or it turns out the maker of the cue was Gus Szamboti, well....:D

Shooter08

Runde Aficianado
Silver Member
Estimate value assuming that the cue is nothing more than an old SP of inconsequential value by itself. I have seen books and balls signed, but who would hang them on a wall? It seems to me a cue would be more unique and appealing in addition I have not seen any others w/ provenance. I'm pretty sure we can all go order signed balls from Ebay, there seems to be plenty to go around. Thx

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
Estimate value assuming that the cue is nothing more than an old SP of inconsequential value by itself. I have seen books and balls signed, but who would hang them on a wall? It seems to me a cue would be more unique and appealing in addition I have not seen any others w/ provenance. I'm pretty sure we can all go order signed balls from Ebay, there seems to be plenty to go around. Thx

$200 to $300

Shooter08

Runde Aficianado
Silver Member
Signed Mosconi Cue

The Pic is up in Wanted/For Sale. Not sure if its for sale, well everything is for sale for the right price? Almost. Thx

ROB.M

:)
Silver Member
Cue

I've seen cues "siginiture" mosconi cues.
I could be wrong'
The singed cues I believe was made that way and not a autograph.
If you have a willie autographed cue, I'd like to see.

Rob.M

Last edited:

Pushout

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
As people have found out in the sports card hobby, certificates of authenticity aren't worth the paper they're printed on. They can be forged way, way too easily.