Things That Make You Go Hmm !

church66

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The rise and fall of Plymouth's snooker halls

http://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/the...9491059-detail/story.html#WQqecm8PGuHbIjmx.01

So that's the news from down south . :(

Up north here in Clydebank , I walked down Kilbowie Road , Clydebank . The La Scala Cinema Hall that became The Crucible Snooker Hall and I stopped to speak to a dude who was taking photograph's of the building for prosperity sakes . We both thought it was a listed Building but the demolishers are in and soon it will be gone .

So many memories from inside that building , from queuing up to see Movies as a kid (The queue to get into see the Movie Grease was massive!}

The Willie Thorne Exhibition night was great !

The best night of all was when I went for a few frames of Snooker with my mate Andy Martin . We had a few frames of Snooker and a few beers , when it was all over he looked at me and I looked at him and it's ,"How much money have you got mate because I'm skint "

I said "£2 odds mate lol !"

Andy said ,"Give me it , I'll gamble it on the fruit machine , it's either that or we are washing the dishes tonight !"

Go for it Andy I said as I didn't fancy washing the dishes that night and quite fancied a pint of Lager.....

I dunno how fruit machines work but Andy somehow turned the £2 into a profit that payed for the table time + a few beers afterwards . Yes , that was a great night indeed ! :smile::cool::thumbup:

church66

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Demolition of iconic La Scala cinema begins to make way for housing development

http://www.clydebankpost.co.uk/news...a_begins_to_make_way_for_housing_development/

One night , bored outta my skull I looked at my Snooker Hall Memberships and thought I better grab my cue and head to The Crucible for a few frames and renew my membership . I got to the door , the place was shut down , couldn't believe it so I headed to The Lucky Break I said to John Rae how comes your in here and what happened up the road at The Crucible ? The Crucible shut down mate and I'm in here now at The Lucky Break , that's life mate .

Time passes , think I need a line up at Da Bookies to get back to The Lucky Break . Hopefully sometime soon ! :rolleyes::smile::D:thumbup:

church66

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

church66

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Snooker fans - Facebook group page .

https://www.facebook.com/groups/352527798415391/

Max Entertain
8 hrs
The man with the Rolls Royce cue action.
Stephen Lee will be coaching at Woodside snooker centre on March 25th.
Two x 3 hours sessions.
£60 per session.
Message me to confirm your place.

Seen this on Facebook earlier so if it is the same Stephen Lee with the Rolls Royce cue action and you fancy booking a session with him it will cost you £60.....

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Well, that would have made "cleaning the White" during a match interesting.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Well, that would have made "cleaning the White" during a match interesting.

This operation has affected Jimmy's sleeping pattern....
...he now takes directional naps.

Good to see Church posting again...Church and Scaramouche ran this forum.