New Magazine - Cue and Table Magazine!

Dakota Cues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm pleased to announce there is a new magazine out there for you equipment fanatics. It's called Cue and Table Magazine, and it's the FIRST magazine dedicated to cuesports equipment.

Details and a PREVIEW can be found here...

www.cueandtable.com

Wishing you all a Happy New Year!

C&T Magazine...

tattoo

Tatuaje in the house🤘🏻
Silver Member
are yall planning on ever doing this in magazine format?

Dakota Cues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
are yall planning on ever doing this in magazine format?

For right now it's going to be an eZine. The biggest challenge with a full magazine is the production/shipping charge, especially when you look at shipping outside the US. This format eliminates both of those issues, along with making it easier to view multiple issues, plus it takes up less space at your home or office to store all those issues.

Also, most online mags are an online version of their printed magazine, which makes it a bit more difficult to read. This is set up as an online magazine, and that makes it much easier to read. With the exception of one article, the text goes from left to right across the whole page, instead of going back and forth and up and down over 3 or so columns. Plus the font in this is bigger as well. You can view this on an iPad or smart phone, so we're trying to make this as easy as possible to view.

Thanks for the question!

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
CD's

For right now it's going to be an eZine. The biggest challenge with a full magazine is the production/shipping charge, especially when you look at shipping outside the US. This format eliminates both of those issues, along with making it easier to view multiple issues, plus it takes up less space at your home or office to store all those issues.

Also, most online mags are an online version of their printed magazine, which makes it a bit more difficult to read. This is set up as an online magazine, and that makes it much easier to read. With the exception of one article, the text goes from left to right across the whole page, instead of going back and forth and up and down over 3 or so columns. Plus the font in this is bigger as well. You can view this on an iPad or smart phone, so we're trying to make this as easy as possible to view.

Thanks for the question!

A friend of mine has released several music CD's over the last five or six years. The first one sold pretty well, hard copy and downloads. The second one released a couple years ago, he has stacks of CD's sitting around gathering dust. His music sold and is selling pretty well online but downloads are outselling CD's ten to one or more. At this point he has no intention of ever releasing another hard copy CD. I would think that a hard copy color magazine would be extremely pricey to produce in short runs and then there is the lag time. No idea of the current situation but the lag time used to run three months or more for traditional magazines. Seems like an e-zine is the way to go in any area these days.

Your magazine seems like a great idea. I'm going to check it out a little later, biscuits calling.

Hu

doitforthegame

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Excellent production. Good luck! It looks excellent. Your price point may be set too high since you do not have the built in distribution costs. Also, you are new and don't have a portfolio of old issues for the customer to review before deciding if they want to subscribe.

Bob Campbell
former publisher "All About Pool"

****I felt bad that this post was so high. It seems like a complaint, but it certainly is not meant to be. I think the product is excellent. And if readers scroll down, you do have an excellent offer for new subscribers. Again, good luck. I am very impressed with the quality of your product. (edit added 1/7/2012)

Last edited:

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Excellent production. Good luck! It looks excellent. Your price point may be set too high since you do not have the built in distribution costs. Also, you are a new and don't have a portfolio of old issues for the customer to review before deciding if they want to subscribe.

Bob Campbell
former publisher "All About Pool"

And with a paper mag I get to keep all the old magazines, so the access to the library of old issues has less value because of that. If/when I let this subscription expire I will lose access to the library. Maybe something to address.

But I have to say I am thrilled to see such a magazine dedicated to the equipment. Long overdue.

Dakota Cues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
New subscription rate!!

shootingarts said:
A friend of mine has released several music CD's over the last five or six years. The first one sold pretty well, hard copy and downloads. The second one released a couple years ago, he has stacks of CD's sitting around gathering dust. His music sold and is selling pretty well online but downloads are outselling CD's ten to one or more. At this point he has no intention of ever releasing another hard copy CD. I would think that a hard copy color magazine would be extremely pricey to produce in short runs and then there is the lag time. No idea of the current situation but the lag time used to run three months or more for traditional magazines. Seems like an e-zine is the way to go in any area these days.

This is exactly what I'm talking about, and couldn't have said it better myself. The current (and future) trend is towards electronic media, due to the speed and ease of distribution. This is why so many newspapers have either filed for bankruptcy, or dramatically changed the way they do business, focusing more and more of their resources online. Life just moves faster these days, and people are not interested in hearing that whatever they ordered is "In the mail". They want it NOW! ;)

And with a paper mag I get to keep all the old magazines, so the access to the library of old issues has less value because of that.

True, but you don't get all the "Back issues" when you sign up. If you sign up for a printed magazine subscription, you get ONLY the current issue and forward, then have to wait until next month to get another.

When somebody signs up here, they would get access to EVERY issue that was published. Again, this is the first issue, so there is only one, but everyone who signs up later in the year will get to read more than one issue even though they just signed up. This makes it far more valuable for both the readers AND advertisers, as their ad in past issues can be seen by future readers.

doitforthegame said:
Your price point may be set too high since you do not have the built in distribution costs. Also, you are new and don't have a portfolio of old issues for the customer to review before deciding if they want to subscribe.

Agreed - The price is now only $9.99 for a year subscription!

Also, there was another question about viewing this magazine on a smartphone. There is NO APP required to do this. The software we use goes through several "checks" to see what it's being viewed on. The website is basically a portal to the magazine issues, so there is nothing additional you need to buy to view the magazine on something other than your computer.

Thanks for the input, and yes, something like this has been needed for quite some time!

Last edited:

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

True, but you don't get all the "Back issues" when you sign up. If you sign up for a subscription, you get ONLY the current issue and forward, then have to wait until next month to get another.

When somebody signs up here, they would get access to EVERY issue that was published. Again, this is the first issue, so there is only one, but everyone who signs up later in the year will get to read more than one issue even though they just signed up. This makes it far more valuable for both the readers AND advertisers, as their ad in past issues can be seen by future readers.

Good point. Thanks for the response.

:thumbup:

Jaden

"no buds chill"
Silver Member
If he makes it a downloadable format that would take care of that...

And with a paper mag I get to keep all the old magazines, so the access to the library of old issues has less value because of that. If/when I let this subscription expire I will lose access to the library. Maybe something to address.

But I have to say I am thrilled to see such a magazine dedicated to the equipment. Long overdue.

He could make it downloadable and then people could also read it on the E-Book Tablets, I would love it then...

Jaden

Steppo

That's my Bourbon
Silver Member
I subscribed last night

Read It a couple of times already! I can't wait to see what you have for us in February.
Thanks,
Branko

ShootingArts

Gold Member
Silver Member
Nice Start!

The very first thing I read was the Joel Hercek interview. Great interview of a craftsman that knows his business and takes pride in his work.

I haven't read the entire first issue yet but a few more pieces of that quality and I'll feel it was worth a one year subscription, everything afterwards will be gravy, or as we say down here lagniappe, something extra.

I'm very impressed with the overall professional quality of the magazine too. Some e-published efforts can be a bit crude, definitely not the case here.

Looks like you have a winner!

Hu

Dakota Cues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for the kind words guys. The first issue came together great, even with the learning curve that is still going on.

You're right though. Any up and coming cuemaker will get their money's worth out of the Hercek interview alone. The advice he gives for building your business was awesome!

Dakota Cues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
New subscription rate - $9.99 a year!!!

NEW ONE YEAR SUBSCRIPTION RATE IS $9.99

C&T Mag

Last edited:

ShootingArts

Gold Member
Silver Member
just to clarify

Just to clarify, that is a one year subscription for $14.95. A very nice price and very nice to make it retroactive for those that already purchased a subscription.

I have read over the first issue now, excellent bang for the buck!

Hu

After thinking about this a little, I decided to do a 25% off special for the month of January.

So...

That's 25% OFF the regular price of $19.95.

Good through January 31st, 2012!

P.S. Anyone that has subscribed already will receive a $5 REFUND that will be processed immediately.
Thanks!
C&T Mag

Dakota Cues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just to clarify, that is a one year subscription for $14.95. A very nice price and very nice to make it retroactive for those that already purchased a subscription.

I have read over the first issue now, excellent bang for the buck!

Hu

Thanks Hu,

I added the "One Year" for clarification, and thanks for catching that.

Glad you liked the 1st issue, too!

Buster8001

Did you say shrubberies?
Silver Member
Any plans to make a "down loadable" version for subscribers?

That way one would have access to past issues if a choice is made not to re-subscribe.

Josh

Dakota Cues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Any plans to make a "down loadable" version for subscribers?

That way one would have access to past issues if a choice is made not to re-subscribe.

Josh

Josh,

Unfortunately no. The tradeoff we decided on is that subscribers would have access to ALL issues as soon as they sign up, but once their subscription period is over, they no longer will have access.

However you *might* see a "One Month" subscription next year. That will give people access to the entire library on a month by month basis.

Classiccues said:
Good job and good luck...

JV

Thanks Joe!