Orcullo loses to Pin Yi Ko

jsp

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
http://www.azbilliards.com/2000storya.cfm?storynum=5155

Orcullo was up 14-4 in the race to 15 finals, and he ended up losing to the 18-year-old Ko 15-14! Ko also beat Roberto Gomez in the finals of the Taiwan Super Cup, and if I'm not mistaken he was also the one who beat Wu Yu Lun in the World Juniors.

Who is this Pin Yi Ko fellow? Anyone have video of this guy?

EDRJR

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
10 Pack?

The article says Orcullo was up 14-4 then never returned to the table. Did Ko run 10 racks or just win the last 11 with some safeties in there?

autopctech

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
the way i read it was

the kid ran 11 racks in a row. It said orcullo never made it back to the table.

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
I want to see his birth cert., do a drug test. Damn thats strong for anyone...but a 16 yo WOW. Johnnyt

liany1003

Registered
jsp said:
http://www.azbilliards.com/2000storya.cfm?storynum=5155

Orcullo was up 14-4 in the race to 15 finals, and he ended up losing to the 18-year-old Ko 15-14! Ko also beat Roberto Gomez in the finals of the Taiwan Super Cup, and if I'm not mistaken he was also the one who beat Wu Yu Lun in the World Juniors.

Who is this Pin Yi Ko fellow? Anyone have video of this guy?

Ko's video:
2007 WPC Ko Pin-Yi vs Serge Das

Ko Pin-Yi has won Roberto Gomez 4 times
1. the qualifying event of 2007 WPC (Ko: Qualifier 3, Wu Yu-Lun:Qualifier 4, Gomez: Qualifier 7)
2. the grouping stage of 2007 Super Cup
3. the final match of 2007 Super Cup
4. the semi-final match of 2008 Tailand 9-Ball Open (ps. he also defeated Ronato "Ronnie" Alcano two times in the money games during the Tailand Open)

Ko also has ever won the taiwan VL Sports pro. tour champion

Ronato Alcano, Chang Jung-Lin, Ko Pin-Yi, Roberto Gomez
05op8.jpg

Last edited:

jsp

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
liany1003 said:
Ko's video:
2007 WPC Ko Pin-Yi vs Serge Das

Ko Pin-Yi has won Roberto Gomez 4 times
1. the qualifying event of 2007 WPC (Ko: Qualifier 3, Wu Yu-Lun:Qualifier 4, Gomez: Qualifier 7)
2. the grouping stage of 2007 Super Cup
3. the final match of 2007 Super Cup
4. the semi-final match of 2008 Tailand 9-Ball Open (ps. he also defeated Ronato "Ronnie" Alcano two times in the money games during the Tailand Open)

Ko also has ever won the taiwan VL Sports pro. tour champion

Ronato Alcano, Chang Jung-Lin, Ko Pin-Yi, Roberto Gomez
05op8.jpg
Thanks for the links and info. I was actually watching some of Ko's videos last night. He looks like the real deal. It's amazing that some people are suggesting in that article that he may be the best 9-ball player in the world right now. Based on his recent accomplishments, that's probably a fairly reasonable conclusion.

That's an interesting picture. From that pic, it seems as if the two pinoys and the two taiwanese get along. Is that true?