Chalk

mr.vmax

Tim's Cues And Supplies
Silver Member
I know there are a ton of diffenet chalks out there now, Master is the standard, liked the blue diamond, then personly thought the Predator chalk worked better for me,
Any body try some they thought was better, like the G2, the Kamui I wont try at $25-30 per cube, tjhoughts?

Last edited:

Big Jay

Registered
I tried the Kamui, I hated the way it transfers to the cue ball. I tried magic chalk and haven't looked back. I love it!!!

M.G.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I know there are a ton of diffenet chalks out there now, Master is the standard, liked the blue diamond, then personly thought the Predator chalk worked better for me,
Any body try some they thought was better, like the G2, the Kamui I wont try at $25-30 per cube, tjhoughts?

I've tried all of yours so I think I can be of assistance :)
- Master: crap
- Predator: crap
- Triangle: OK'ish, felt better than master
- Kamui: saw another player using it on the table next to mine. He liked it very much, but the table and the balls looked really dirty.
- Blue diamond: liked it for a long time, but then....

- Magic Chalk: I will never use anything else.

Just try MC.

Cheers,
M

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
I've tried all of yours so I think I can be of assistance :)
- Master: crap
- Predator: crap
- Triangle: OK'ish, felt better than master
- Kamui: saw another player using it on the table next to mine. He liked it very much, but the table and the balls looked really dirty.
- Blue diamond: liked it for a long time, but then....

- Magic Chalk: I will never use anything else.

Just try MC.

Cheers,
M

I echo this EXACTLY in my experience

Predator was the worst sloppiest chalk ever
I see why I was given 6 free, I threw them all away shortly after so that no one else would have to suffer through them

Russian magic chalk in Chernobyl green for life
Keeps the balls clean, don't really need to chalk for every single shot

Last edited:

MalibuMike

Banned
I quit playing with G-2 Tips but there new Chalk is out of this world!

You have to try it to believe it! Not like Kamuii at all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And no mess, and seems to last forever! My next favorite Chalk is the Taom Chalk from Finland!
Both these chalks go on a tad hard, but it is worth it. you wanna talk about draw? G2 Is insane!!!!!!! Both are great chalks and work well together! I put Taom Chalk around the table and have one piece of G2 Chalk on my magnetic holder which I use for shots that really need to have spin, top follow, or bottom draw on them. Its like no other chalk. feels great on my Dennis Searing Precision tips!

philly

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think the case has been settled. If you chalk up after almost every shot then Master Chalk is as good as any chalk. Let's face it, most miscues are caused by getting up out of the shot early or the indecision caused by thinking about something other than the shot while shooting so save your money and play with the chalk supplied by the house.

Last edited:

Yotehntr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think the case has been settled. If you chalk up after almost every shot then Master Chalk is as good as any chalk. Let's face it, most miscues are caused by getting up out of the shot early or the indecision caused by thinking about something other than the shot while shooting so save your money and play with the chalk supplied by the house.

I believe this is correct. Dr Dave did a study and some of the others did better than Masters, if you shot several shots without chalking up... chalking every shot there was no difference. Other than trying to see how long you can shoot without chalking up the only difference is the price tag.

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
No price is not the only difference

Master is sloppy sloshy feel when applying, it will dirty the hell out of the ball and table

Russian magic when applying feels so much cleaner, as do the balls, they do not mark up, and when I vacuum my table once a week, there's very little dust to pick up,

I can play on the table without a glove and my hand doesn't get dirty

It stays on the tip

Reactions: KRJ

Yotehntr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'd advise the OP to buy each and try for an extended period of time and judge for his self.

What Dr Dave says... "If you chalk properly before each shot, and clean the CB often, it doesn't seem to matter which brand of chalk you use." Link>>http://billiards.colostate.edu/threads/chalk.html<<

So spend $8 (not sure of the price now) for 2 pieces or $6 for 12 pieces. Or you can go along with the non biased results from a very reputable pool player.

FWIW, sometimes just going with something that costs a little more will give a pool player the mental advantage that they need. So if it helps, there's nothing at all wrong with going with the higher priced chalk.

Last edited:

philly

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'd advise the OP to buy each and try for an extended period of time and judge for his self.

What Dr Dave says... "If you chalk properly before each shot, and clean the CB often, it doesn't seem to matter which brand of chalk you use." Link>>http://billiards.colostate.edu/threads/chalk.html<<

So spend $8 (not sure of the price now) for 2 pieces or $6 for 12 pieces. Or you can go along with the non biased results from a very reputable pool player.

FWIW, sometimes just going with something that costs a little more will give a pool player the mental advantage that they need. So if it helps, there's nothing at all wrong with going with the higher priced chalk.

Yup. If you want to spend your money on $20 cubes of chalk or $500 on a production shaft, or $1400 on a production cue stick then enjoy. Your money, your prerogative.

KissedOut

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think folks should read Dr. Dave's whole analysis and not cherry pick the part they like. Miscuing frequency is only part of the issue. There is also the effect the chalk has on the equipment. And one can say that the only thing that matters is playing characteristics. But that doesn't validate dismissing 'better' chalks because they don't reduce miscues. The dirtier nature of some chalks effect playability because the increase the likelihood of skids.