Meucci Originals Gambler 84-9E

bobroberts

Pool player
Silver Member
Someone wants to sell this cue for $1500 Approx. 30 years old. Anyone know if his price is anywhere near where it should be? I checked the blue books and couldn't find it. ive included a picture of it.

Attachments

• 3n13k73p45Z35U45P0b53d0d28a30e2311fe4.jpg
    3n13k73p45Z35U45P0b53d0d28a30e2311fe4.jpg
    7.5 KB · Views: 7,896
Last edited:

paulempor

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have not been on this website that long but I have never seen a Meucci go for that much online, or in real life.

Tom In Cincy

AKA SactownTom
Silver Member
It would have to be in PERFECT condition with at least two shafts, then it might be worth $700 at the very most.

IMO of course

barber23

Chad The Bad
Silver Member
I bought that exact same cue either in 89-90 for I think around $400 brand new. There isn't anything special about them. Standard production cue. Way over priced. Imp

Chad

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
I bought that exact same cue either in 89-90 for I think around $400 brand new. There isn't anything special about them. Standard production cue. Way over priced. Imp

Chad

I concur. I bought one for $400 as well years and years ago.

bobroberts

Pool player
Silver Member
Thanks guys. My wife actually showed it to me and i thought the guy selling it was out of his mind. Figured i would check though in case i was missing something. Guess not.

ccshrimper

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
When I was a kid a friend of mine's father had one similar to that with the cards, but it had a steel joint. I want to say it was a Meucci 1 or Meucci 10 but I might be wrong. It would have to be around 40+ years old now. Would that cue be worth anything these days?

ARROWCRUSHER

N/ CUE STROKER
Silver Member
I had one also and it's just plastic inlays and over the years even know it was never used except for the first couple when I bought it, the difference in color really changed. I got rid of mine in about early 2000's and got $400 with 2 shafts. And it was an original, my friend has on now and is his player and looks the same with different color tones in all the white plastic...I never seen one go for $1500. << ED

lorider

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks guys. My wife actually showed it to me and i thought the guy selling it was out of his mind. Figured i would check though in case i was missing something. Guess not.

the originals tend to be higher priced than non-original, mostly due to people have the opinion that their quality is superior. the gambler series seems to be almost revered it seems by those that have them or want one.

i bought a gambler 3 years ago for 200.00. every time i took it out of the case and started shooting i would have at least one person offer to buy it. one guy was pretty persistent abiut wanting it. every time he saw me he would ask to buy it. after a year i finally traded it to him even for a brand new predator black 4 he had just bought.

i know 4 peole in my town that have gamblers and every one of them have turned down offers as high as 1,000.00 for them. they all say they will never part with their gamblers but any other cue they own they will sell if the price is right.

btw i saw one on nashville craigs list last month for 250.00. dont know if its still on there, oh and its not an original if thats what you are prefering.

12ozCurl

Banned
Where is that cue for sale? I just had that cue stolen from durham NC.

And as a meucci collector, 800 is fair price in exemplary condition.

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Gold Member
Silver Member
way overpriced...

Original Meucci Gamblers, while certainly very desirable in great condition, are extremely unlikely to fetch $1500.00.

Realistically, I could see a very motivated buyer paying in the neighborhood of $600 - $800 tops for one in truly excellent condition with 2 shafts.

Best,
Brian kc

beav99_4life

BPT Champion
Silver Member
I used to play on a league team with a guy who would buy any Meucci Gambler cue he could. He used to brag all the time about his collection and expected me to be just as excited as he was about Meucci Gambler cues. I didn't have the heart to tell him I wouldn't trade my Bluegrass for 22 or so of his Gamblers, lol.

ChrisOnline

4 8 15 16 23 42
Silver Member
the only real difference in the original gamblers and the newer gambler are that the original had a 100% ebony forearm.. where the newer ones have some sort of sh*t wood with a black plastic covering on it.. the originals always played better then the newer ones for that reason..

and it is a true fact that they used much better wood in all the meucci original cues then they did during the 90s and later...

it seems the originals gave Bob Meucci the large following so he made some decent cues in the early 90's , he was so big then he could have sold anything and then after that he started to produce pure garbage and ruined his reputation...

moral of the story is.. dont go mass production...

chris

Slh

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i never understand it... Meucci cues are considered low/medium quality... So why they have so much following? People who want to buy it very badly,ecc..

moranq

I am 45 years old:eek: and I still have the original Meucci I had in high school when I started playing. I would much rather use it than some of the newer cues nowadays. The older Meucci's are much better than the ones made today. My friend had the original gambler and I would agree that it is not worth 1500 dollars more around 750-1000 depending on the condition and whether or not it has the dice on it or not. I will be honest and say that I would not buy a new Meucci because of the poor reputation and craftmenship of the newer models. But I would not hesitate to buy one of the originals if it was in good condition.

4thHorseman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wasn't there an issue lately where new cues got the "originals" butt cap making any pristine "original" suspect?

Jim Baxter

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Bob I producing certain old modles with the small meucci original emblem on the butt cap . This will surly spoil the barrel . They are not like the Old Meucci orriginals . Jim

dr9ball

"Lock Doctor"
Silver Member
Someone wants to sell this cue for $1500 Approx. 30 years old. Anyone know if his price is anywhere near where it should be? I checked the blue books and couldn't find it. ive included a picture of it.

I"d guess it's possible but I would think in pristine condition with 2 shafts more in the $900-1200 range to a serious collector.

To someone who just wants to buy a cue maybe $500-600 tops.