Rasson Table

meximan2469

WPBL
Silver Member
The only ones in the united states that I know of are the 2 here at the WPBL arena and the table in Florian Kohler's house in California. We do have 10 more being shipped to our arena thanks to our generous sponsor Rasson Billiards so if you can make it to Vegas you can definitely try one out.

ROB.M

:)
Silver Member

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 3,807
Last edited:

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Now I've heard it all. A Canadian company doing business on American soil using knock-off Chinese tables. :eek:

Fast Lenny

Faster Than You...
Silver Member
Now I've heard it all. A Canadian company doing business on American soil using knock-off Chinese tables. :eek:

A knock off of what? These tables look quite unique to me and a breath of fresh air. Rasson is from China and not from Canada. Everything we use daily is made somewhere we are not.

Cory in DC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I understand some tables even use cloth that isn't made in the USA. In some extreme cases, the game may be played in places where both the balls and the cloth have been from Belgium. Sacre Bleu!

Separately, you may or may not like the idea of Chinese table manufacturers, but Rasson's Victory table has a unique look to it. I think it looks cool. I also like that your front foot will never hit a table leg.

victory%2528blue%2529.jpg

bdorman

Dead money
Silver Member
It's certainly a cool looking table.

It will be interesting to hear from table mechanics after they've had some experience with set-up, adjustment, etc. So far the only players with experience are the BB-players and I don't expect to get an objective review of the table from them.

My guess is that it is a quality table. The Chinese are following the same natural path that the Japanese took: win sales and gain experience with low-priced products and then relentlessly improve the quality and performance.

44Runner

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I assume they would like to sell to the american market based on their BB sponsorship so when are we going to be able to buy them here?

I saw a dining/pool table on their Facebook page that looks interesting. At the right price and look I might convince the wife a second pool table in our dining room is acceptable.

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
Maybe Mark and Greg do want o see Bonus Ball make it for the pro players sake, but in know way am going to believe they want to see 100's or maybe 1000's of Rasson pool tables flooding the U. S. Johnnyt

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
Lets just say Rasson tables are built well like diamond and Brunswick. Does anyone know how much one of them would cost shipped? How about 8 or 12 of them. Me thinks there is a lot more going on than tournament dates, good for the pros, and tournament dates. Johnnyt

PS: How would I find out the price of the tables?

Cory in DC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Lets just say Rasson tables are built well like diamond and Brunswick. Does anyone know how much one of them would cost shipped? How about 8 or 12 of them. Me thinks there is a lot more going on than tournament dates, good for the pros, and tournament dates. Johnnyt

PS: How would I find out the price of the tables?

I've long wondered whether this is one of potential sources (or existing sources) of funding for Bonus Ball. Seems like a great way for a new-to-the-US table manufacturer to get exposure. Tables are heavy, but that's mostly slate and from what I understand, a lot of slate is already imported, so presumably that's not a huge barrier.

I love my Diamond, but competition is always good for consumers.

nb92

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I love my Diamond, but competition is always good for consumers.

yup and great for the folks working at Diamond... nothing like under cutting a price point to gain market share until the local manufacture says f'it.. it is great for pool and US manufacturing... THIS more than any other point is why BB can kiss my a**

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
yup and great for the folks working at Diamond... nothing like under cutting a price point to gain market share until the local manufacture says f'it.. it is great for pool and US manufacturing... THIS more than any other point is why BB can kiss my a**

Do you know how much these tournament tables sell for in the states? Since you wrote undercutting Diamond I figure you know. Johnnyt

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Do you know how much these tournament tables sell for in the states? Since you wrote undercutting Diamond I figure you know. Johnnyt

Love that new avatar, JohnnyT. :grin:

There are so many tables out there today. Brunswick used to be the Rolls-Royce and still is in some circles, and then Diamond came to the scene and captured a huge fan base.

Gabriel. Gandy, and Olhausen are contenders for sure, and I'm sure I am missing a few names.

What is interesting is they all play differently. I can recall one tournament at a room that had all Gabriels, and the competitors had trouble adjusting.

At a Skins tournament, some of the contenders were struggling with the Olhausen, which, of course, was the sponsor of the Skins Billiards Championship.

In the end, it will come down to quality vs. quantity (cost). The diehard players, the pro players, will always go with the table that plays true. Recreational shooters may not even notice a difference between one table from another as far as how they play.

I would never purchase a pool table from Sears, but yet there are many people who do because of cost. For pool aficionados, I have a feeling they will go for quality, just like they do with their custom-made cues. The social shooters who want to purchase their own cues will sometimes desire a production cue mainly because of price.

It will be interesting to see how the tables play. The website is quite interesting for Rasson: Jiangxi Rasson Billiards Mfg.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The history of Rasson:

Jiangxi Rasson Billiards Mfg Ltd. is a branch company of Jiujiang Rasson Slate Co., Ltd. Our parent company was established by Mr. Yunnan Song in 1990. We provided OEM service for many billiard enterprises worldwide at the beginning. Then, we built up our own brand "RASSON" and enlarged our business scope into billiard tables as well as relevant billiard accessories and equipment. With the spirit of "pursuing perfection and persistent efforts", Rasson has enjoyed a good reputation in the field due to high quality, leading innovation and good service. Meanwhile, Rasson endeavors to promote the development and popularity of billiards all over the world by sponsoring lots of tournaments held by all organizations, including "EPBF", "ICP", "ECP", "EUROTOUR", "European Pool Championships", etc.

In the past 20 years, Rasson has mainly focused on the export business and has expanded the markets to the United States, Canada, Germany, the UK, Italy, Russia, Ukraine, Belarus, Lithuania, Poland, Turkey, the Middle East, Australia, Mexico, Chile, South Korea, Japan, Taiwan Area, etc. With long-term cooperation with many billiard enterprises, Rasson has become an expert of billiards. We can produce snooker tables, carom tables and pyramid tables proficiently. Besides, we integrate the billiard advantages from each country with the characteristics of Chinese billiard market, and design the perfect billiard products for Chinese billiard fans.

The quick development of Rasson attributes the success to ever pursuing creativity and good faith to every customer. We'll follow the motto of "development is the key way; the customer is the life and the source to an enterprise's constant development".

Our history:

In 1990, Mr. Yunnan Song and his brother established Jingzhao Slate Factory in Xingzi County, Jiangxi Province and was one of the earliest billiard slate manufacturers in China.

In 1997, Jingzhao Slate Factory revised the name to be RASSON Slate Factory and began to export billiard slates at the same year, and was the first Chinese firm to export slate to overseas markets.

In 2001, Rasson Slate Factory revised the name to be Rasson Slate Co., Ltd. and expanded the slate business into more than 20 countries and regions.

In 2003, Rasson Slate Co., Ltd. had good cooperation with American "Cordoba" and established Jiangxi Rasson Billiards Mfg Ltd. From then, Rasson has supplied billiard tables and accessories to clients worldwide.

In 2005, Rasson moved the factory to a new area of 11000sqm in Jiujiang, Jiangxi Province. At the same year, Rasson was awarded to be one of the top 20 exporting companies by Jiujiang Municipal Bureau of Foreign Trade and Economic Cooperation, and also the A grade company by Jiangxi Customs.

In 2006, RASSON passed all the strict quality tests held by Brunswick, the largest and the most famous billiard brand in the world. We provided slates for Brunswick. This means that RASSON has achieved the world highest production level of slates.

In 2007, RASSON had formally become the official partner and equipment provider for ECP.

In 2008, RASSON had formally become the official partner and equipment provider for EPBF by passing all the strict tests held by EPBF. At the same year, RASSON set up the selling department in China and provided service for clients in domestic market.

In 2009, RASSON got 12 patents for our billiard tables.

Company Name: Jiangxi Rasson Billiards Mfg Ltd.
Year Established: 2009
Business Type: Manufacturer, Trading Company
Main Products: Billiard Tables, Billiard Slate,Slate
Address: 2nd Floor, No. 2, Lushan Road, Jiujiang, Jiangxi, China (Mainland)
Number of Employees: 101 - 200 People

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
That avatar is a picture taken by a lady friend of my wife's that rented a cabin up in Alaska with another nurse for 2 months. That was what she saw when she opened the door one morning. Thank you for the info on Rasson tables. Johnnyt

CreeDo

Fargo Rating 597
Silver Member

Where do you see evidence of this? Or are you flat out making shit up so you can create a new reason to hate BB out of thin air?

From what I've read there are exactly two Rasson tables in the US. Tell me some more about how they're hurting local manufacturers.

Cory in DC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

And Diamond was really bad for the folks working at Brunswick, and that was a great thing for the pool world! That's how competition works.

For example, Diamond has an awesome table, but they could tighten up their customer service. Also, they've been slow to deploy Glenn's (RKC's, that is) self-leveling system for 3-piece slates. With a little more in the way of competitive threats, watch those aspects tighten up, quick.

If the quality of Rasson is low, then it won't attack Diamond's market. If the quality is high, then it likely will be in a similar price point and Diamond will have the advantage of whatever shipping from China costs (I don't know how much that is, but it's more than shipping from Indiana).

nb92

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
And Diamond was really bad for the folks working at Brunswick, and that was a great thing for the pool world! That's how competition works.

For example, Diamond has an awesome table, but they could tighten up their customer service. Also, they've been slow to deploy Glenn's (RKC's, that is) self-leveling system for 3-piece slates. With a little more in the way of competitive threats, watch those aspects tighten up, quick.

If the quality of Rasson is low, then it won't attack Diamond's market. If the quality is high, then it likely will be in a similar price point and Diamond will have the advantage of whatever shipping from China costs (I don't know how much that is, but it's more than shipping from Indiana).

Good points.. you are right. (I think Brunswick had already gone overseas by the time diamond came along though...) Although with high definition TVs the Chinese government provides\d incentives which offset the cost of shipping to undercut domestic price points ... one of the reasons that 0% of HD screens are manufactured in the US... this includes all screens used in DOD equipment.

So the only price competition would probably be labor (but we can match that by doing more with less...) so ultimately in comes down to customer service and quality... because the international market is a level playing field thanks to the WTO....