arps

tirador (ng pansit)
Silver Member
congrats Lee Van Corteza. :)
lee-van-corteza.JPG

sydbarret

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
good pool, but talk about a a boring event to watch.No excitement at all. Barely anyone there,they barely applaud.

Even when he won the match, it was like he had just finished a first round match. Total snoozefest that must be to the general public. I even dozed off a couple times.

f210

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
:smile: I would love to see a TAR match between Lee Van and SVB. Wish he would play more in the US. That was quite a shot on the 2-ball in the final game!!!

Jive

Professional Racker
Silver Member
good pool, but talk about a a boring event to watch.No excitement at all. Barely anyone there,they barely applaud.

Even when he won the match, it was like he had just finished a first round match. Total snoozefest that must be to the general public. I even dozed off a couple times.

Actually there was quite a decent turnout for the event, i was there for the match and was pleasantly surprise with the turnout.
I think the crowd response was ok, cos you have to realise that these guys were clearing tables like it was too easy...I was with JB and he said something which was very true..they made the game look too easy no wonder nobody is interested in pool...then when the woman finals came on you could tell the pockets were not that easy to pot with the number of misses they made.
Lee Van was definitely in top form.

I took some pictures with my iphone...i'll upload some later.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Filipinos rule! Lee Van is coming to Tunica for both events. He is playing in the Bigfoot Ten Ball Challenge also.

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
Congrats to Van Van for his huge $40,000 win. I hope TAR can get him to play the winner of the Dennis/ Shane match. What better match up can you get right now? Johnnyt

arps

tirador (ng pansit)
Silver Member
Filipinos rule! Lee Van is coming to Tunica for both events. He is playing in the Bigfoot Ten Ball Challenge also.

Jay, I was actually disappointed that Dennis had to play against Johann "Bubwit" Chua in the elimination round. Note that their match was hill-hill. That is how good this kid (Bubwit) is now. With him eliminated, only 3 Filipinos (Orcollo, Corteza & Biado) were able to go through the top-16.