Straightening a cue advice needed

Exile

that definatly rolled....
Silver Member
Hi guys,

I need to straighten a bent cue. Any pearls of wisdom would be appreciated.

The key thing i'm trying to find out from an experienced cue maker is whats the best heat source for this job? Wet heat (Steam) or dry heat (heat gun)?

Thanks guys :grin:

Arnot Wadsworth

Senior Cuemaker
Silver Member
You are probably not wanting to hear this but don't waste your time. This subject has been discussed in this forum and others for years and nobody yet has ever found a way to make it work.

Buy a new shaft from a reliable cuemaker.

Good Cuemaking

Mase

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi guys,

The key thing i'm trying to find out from an experienced cue maker is whats the best heat source for this job? Wet heat (Steam) or dry heat (heat gun)?

Is it a 2 piece cue?? What happens if you roll the butt and shaft separately??
If they are staight it may be the joint that needs facing.

If its a one piece cue follow the previous posters advice.

scdiveteam

Rick Geschrey
Silver Member
[/QUOTE] Buy a new shaft from a reliable cuemaker. [/QUOTE]

Arnots right, not worth anyones time. Throw it on the Christmas fireplace!

Rick

cueman

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Hi guys,

If it is the butt it might can be cut and reassembled to take the warp out.
Very few have managed to straighten a cue with heat and bending and it stay straight. I have tried dry heat and steam and have had very limited success on shafts. So I rarely even try anymore. Maybe one out of twenty shafts as best guess ever stayed straight. So it was just less expensive to build another shaft when the time was considered in 19 failures for one success. If it is the butt take it to a repaiman or cuemaker and see what they think is causing the warp and they might find a solution.