OLNEY CUES (the search is over)

Trav D

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Whats up everyone. I am just showing and doing a review of the first 2 Olneys that I received in the mail last week from Jeff. I now everyone that has tried out Jeff's cues already know that they are crafted top knotch and are built with playabilitly as the most important factor in mind. I have always been a huge Olney fan but these 3 hit even a little better because of the use of two hardwoods I believe. Jeff turned the handle down slightly to allow for the heavy wood combos and for a slimmer feel that I really like alot. They all have that nice crisp hit to them. I have come to the conclusion that I haven't ever hit with a cue that plays better than Jeff's cues. I am going to be listing about everything i own shorly for sale with the exception of one of Rick Howards personal playing cues and a Nitti that I have ordered also. I will add photos of the bacote cue shortly, I didn't recieve it until 4 days later and need to charge the camera battery. None of these are for sale and thanks for looking everyone. I appreciate everything Jeff and thanks for building a great cue man, Trav Dorn.

2firstOlneys002.jpg
[/IMG]
2firstOlneys003.jpg
[/IMG]
2firstOlneys004.jpg
[/IMG]
2firstOlneys005.jpg
[/IMG]
IPOD043.jpg
[/IMG]
IPOD044.jpg
[/IMG]
IPOD045.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited:

Rusty Melton

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That's great to hear Trav, they look really nice. And I know the feeling on how they play, because the last one I got from Jeff is the best playing cue I've ever owned. I told him that he must of put a little magic in it, it's that good. He goes above and beyond on every cue he puts out and I sure appreciate all of the hard work he's put into all of the ones he's made for me. Thanks for your review, sorry to ramble in it.:thumbup:

scdiveteam

Rick Geschrey
Silver Member
Hi,

Jeff Who? :bash:

Seriously, Jeff is one the most versatile and talented CMs around. He seems to do it all.... and very well.

Rick

Remy

Fear none, respect all.
Silver Member
Whats up everyone. I am just showing and doing a review of the first 2 Olneys that I received in the mail last week from Jeff. I now everyone that has tried out Jeff's cues already know that they are crafted top knotch and are built with playabilitly as the most important factor in mind. I have always been a huge Olney fan but these 3 hit even a little better because of the use of two hardwoods I believe. Jeff turned the handle down slightly to allow for the heavy wood combos and for a slimmer feel that I really like alot. They all have that nice crisp hit to them. I have come to the conclusion that I haven't ever hit with a cue that plays better than Jeff's cues. I am going to be listing about everything i own shorly for sale with the exception of one of Rick Howards personal playing cues and a Nitti that I have ordered also. I will add photos of the bacote cue shortly, I didn't recieve it until 4 days later and need to charge the camera battery. None of these are for sale and thanks for looking everyone. I appreciate everything Jeff and thanks for building a great cue man, Trav Dorn.

2firstOlneys002.jpg
[/IMG]
2firstOlneys003.jpg
[/IMG]
2firstOlneys004.jpg
[/IMG]
2firstOlneys005.jpg
[/IMG]

What him said :thumbup: :thumbup:

TheTablePro

Silver Member
Agreed, agreed...........and agreed! Still have a 20 year old Olney I SHOULD put away but when I try others, I just can't get that special feel I get with this Olney. I know how you're feeling about yours Trav! I still need to make it down to my in-laws and pay you a visit to see your collection. Congrats on a couple of fine cues!!

jeff olney

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Trav, very nice for you to say that, that has always been my #1 goal in cues is the hit and playablity, its been my goal since day one almost 20 years ago. thanks for the write up Trav someday you will be half way to 30 cues glad you like them. thanks Tony, Rusty, Rick and Robin for your comments. Jeff

Last edited:

Trav D

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Agreed, agreed...........and agreed! Still have a 20 year old Olney I SHOULD put away but when I try others, I just can't get that special feel I get with this Olney. I know how you're feeling about yours Trav! I still need to make it down to my in-laws and pay you a visit to see your collection. Congrats on a couple of fine cues!!

Yea man That would be great, definitely let me know when you can make it down.

Trav D

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Trav, very nice for you to say that, that has always been my #1 goal in cues is the hit and playablity, its been my goal since day one almost 20 years ago. thanks for the write up Trav someday you will be half way to 30 cues glad you like them. thanks Tony, Rusty, Rick and Robin for your comments. Jeff

No problem Jeff just speaking the truth man. Yeah I am definitely on my way to reach the 30 mark. These next 6 coming will get me over one third of the way there. :D

Trav D

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That's great to hear Trav, they look really nice. And I know the feeling on how they play, because the last one I got from Jeff is the best playing cue I've ever owned. I told him that he must of put a little magic in it, it's that good. He goes above and beyond on every cue he puts out and I sure appreciate all of the hard work he's put into all of the ones he's made for me. Thanks for your review, sorry to ramble in it.:thumbup:

Rusty he definitely puts some magic in the cues. He is the most consistent cuemaker that I have had been fortunate enough to own cues from. Keep working the magic Jeff, :D

danny turner

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
olney

trav let me hit with one of his olneys,it plays great,the bad thing he wont sell any, he wants all of them.stingy ba--ard

jeff olney

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Trav, a new ring with a different look that you might like, triple veneer 8 slot. Jeff

Attachments

• ri5.jpg
    ri5.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 1,020

Trav D

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Trav, this one you might like with the thin black. Jeff

This is even better, the thin black ring really makes the maple stand out. I definitely want to use this one also. Maybe we can use this and the red ring combo on cues 1 & 2. I will give you a ring Friday def, and going to ship something your way too that came in the mail today.

mdavis228

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Jeff makes a helluva fine cue, for sure. Fit, finish, playability, hit, balance - the whole package.
That second ring w/ the thin black is great!

Trav D

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Jeff makes a helluva fine cue, for sure. Fit, finish, playability, hit, balance - the whole package.
That second ring w/ the thin black is great!

I totally agree man, perfect cues!! That ringwork looks great. Just off the phone with Jeff and came back to this post to look at the ringwork, :)

jeff olney

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Trav, this one you might like with the thin black. Jeff

Here you go Trav with the same rings at the joint with black canvas at the joint and butt cap. i am going to make myself a cue with these rings on a plain pau ferro cue no points it will be my player. Jeff

Trav D

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here you go Trav with the same rings at the joint with black canvas at the joint and butt cap. i am going to make myself a cue with these rings on a plain pau ferro cue no points it will be my player. Jeff

Yea that will look great Jeff no doubt. I can't wait to see those on a cue with that phenolic too. Gonna be sick!!!! :)