Murray & Sons Tables

Player

I'm your huckleberry
Silver Member
Are these considered to be pretty good tables? Haven't heard much about them and a search didn't turn up much.

Think I spelled it wrong. Should be Murrey. Think it's their 6400 model. Give me the good, bad, and ugly. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
A friend of mine had their gold crown copy. Played pretty crappy.
Turned out the rails do not bolt through the slates. The bolted to the frame directly.

Player

I'm your huckleberry
Silver Member
Thanks Joey. Can't seem to find much out about these.Looking at trading a 7' Dynamo coin-op for the 8' Murrey 6400. It is the GC copy .

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
Thanks Joey. Can't seem to find much out about these.Looking at trading a 7' Dynamo coin-op for the 8' Murrey 6400. It is the GC copy .

Look at the corner metals. The bottom are exposed and they ding cues bad if you hit it .

Gary Sanossian

Nineballgs
As their former largest dealer in the country.....Murrey is gone ...sold out long time ago.....The name remains.....I helped redesign their tables when the Murrey family owned the company.....I would steer you away from the table......especially the 6400......There are much better tables out there today...

Player

I'm your huckleberry
Silver Member
Thought I'd update this in case anyone comes along searching for info on Murrey & Sons tables.
I ended up trading my barbox for one. It is an oversize 8 Model 6400. Playing surface is 46x92.
Don't know about all Murreys, but on this one the rails definitely bolt through the slate. 3 bolts per rail.

Rails are lively, play good, and are quiet. My only complaint is a little too much "death rattle" in the corner pockets.

All in all, it seems to be a pretty decent table imho.

HawaiiD

Can someone help finding the Rail rubber profile for a
Murrey & Sons
Size: 8' x 4'
Model: Mercury
MFG Date : 10-5-1970
Thanks a bunch

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Can someone help finding the Rail rubber profile for a
Murrey & Sons
Size: 8' x 4'
Model: Mercury
MFG Date : 10-5-1970
Thanks a bunch

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

All the ones I've worked on had K66 profile cushions.