Video of Karl Sloezen playing

Positively Ralf

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
this randomly popped up on my youtube feed. He's part of the 200+ runners list.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JTsfuEhHVg

Made me think of something, anyone know what the majority of the not well known names from that 200+ list are doing these days? Seems that Mr. Sloezen sells and restores tables as well as other gaming related stuff.

roscoe2

Registered
I consider Karl a good friend. When he used to own Brentwood Billiards in Wayne, NJ, I would play straight with him a couple of times a week. I would do my small run and he would run 80 WHILE ON HIS CELL PHONE.

I learned quite a bit from him. I retired and moved to Jackson NJ where we have three tables in our clubhouse game room. Karl came down a few months ago and gave some additional pointers and afterwards had a nice dinner together. Talked a bit about all the old pool rooms that have closed up (West End, Comet, etc) and some of the old hustlers and players like Jack Colavita.

Nice Southwest cue he plays with.

Roscoe

madhatter44

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Karl is also an excellent instructor.If you want to improve your game he will certainly help.If you are in Bergen County New Jersey, Rockland or Westchester counties in NY.get in touch with him.
PM Me if you would like his contact info.
He also restored a Gold Crown 4 for me a few years ago and his work is immaculate.The table looks and plays like new.