2017 AZB Ghost Challenge - Official Thread

dr_dave

Instructional Author
Gold Member
Silver Member
Now put some effort and destroy Ghost for us!
You seem to have nice break shot nowadays... That is one thing I noticed from your sneak peak of new instructional series. :)
As you can probably imagine, my break shot is much more accurate and consistent on my produced videos than it is in "real life" where I can't edit out the poor breaks. ;)

I'll try to work on the 10-ball ghost when I can find some time. First, I want to beat my BU Exam personal-record scores. With a little effort, I think I should be able to crush my previous-best Exam I score (85). That's my goal anyway, but it will take some dedicated and focused practice and numerous attempts.

When you get a chance, please consider posting scores and videos on the AZB BU Sticky thread. I look forward to seeing how high you can push your scores if you apply yourself. Have you tried the exams yet? I can't remember, and I don't see scores for you on the thread. I'm surprised because I would think you would really enjoy the challenge and focused practice.

Catch you later,
Dave

Poolmanis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
As you can probably imagine, my break shot is much more accurate and consistent on my produced videos than it is in "real life" where I can't edit out the poor breaks. ;)

I'll try to work on the 10-ball ghost when I can find some time. First, I want to beat my BU Exam personal-record scores. With a little effort, I think I should be able to crush my previous-best Exam I score (85). That's my goal anyway, but it will take some dedicated and focused practice and numerous attempts.

When you get a chance, please consider posting scores and videos on the AZB BU Sticky thread. I look forward to seeing how high you can push your scores if you apply yourself. Have you tried the exams yet? I can't remember, and I don't see scores for you on the thread. I'm surprised because I would think you would really enjoy the challenge and focused practice.

Catch you later,
Dave

I shoot pool at poolhall. So marking tables are not always so easy. Also, lately I have been really busy at work because my old working partner retired. Should get new employee next month. Maybe then :)

dr_dave

Instructional Author
Gold Member
Silver Member
I shoot pool at poolhall. So marking tables are not always so easy.
The only donuts that are really necessary are the stop-shot donuts, but even those are not totally required. Also, the donuts (self-adhesive hole-reinforcement labels) are easy to remove from the table and don't leave a residue, so hopefully you can convince your room owner to let you put them on for a session.

Also, lately I have been really busy at work because my old working partner retired. Should get new employee next month. Maybe then :)
Sounds good. I look forward to seeing how well you can do.

Good luck,
Dave

Scott Brazier

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is not a qualifying match. I just wanted to share my 3 rack run on my 10' Brunswick with modified pockets. The first 2 racks are payed pro style with no ball in hand, the 3rd rack I took ball in hand after the break. I just wanted to share the super thin cut shot in the 2nd rack to get out. Was the length of the table and if it wasn't for the BU Exams I probably wouldn't have made the shot. Thanks Dave. :smile: Anyway here it is. Hope you enjoy.

New link. Original one didn't work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_cVMd_UewQ

Last edited:

dr_dave

Instructional Author
Gold Member
Silver Member
I just wanted to share the super thin cut shot in the 2nd rack to get out. Was the length of the table and if it wasn't for the BU Exams I probably wouldn't have made the shot. Thanks Dave. :smile:
I often tell myself: "I should make this shot ... it is just like the X shot in BU Exam Y."

Catch you later,
Dave

PS: As always, nice shooting!

9BallKY

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I had a video that I tried uploading to YouTube 5 time
but every time it said the upload got aborted. It also
said remaining upload time was like 2 hrs so it not
worth the trouble. I did end up winning 7-6. Shouldn't
have been that close but I blew a couple relatively easy outs
I guess that's normal for us amateurs though. Set was played
on a 9ft Diamond pro am with pro cut pockets

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
9 ball ghost:
Magic rack, no particular pattern, B.I.H after break, any scratch=loss, 9 can't go on break or on B.I.H, slop counts.

7/4 W, 9ft diamond pro am, 4.5" pockets, 1/2/18
6/7 L, 9ft pro am, 4.5 pocket, 12/18/17
7/3 W, 9ft pro am, 4.5 pocket, 11/26/17

10 Ball Ghost:
Magic rack, no pattern, B.I.H after break, 10 can't go on break or with B.I.H, scrarch=loss, call shots.

6/7 L, 9ft pro am, 4.5 pockets, 1/2/18

I'm gonna try to play the 9 and 10 ball ghost more often and get it on camera, phone etc...

Rake

Poolmanis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Are we still doing this for 2018?

I can do it. :)
I did have 2 month break from pool. That´s why I have been little in-actice. Have to update rest of 2017.

BTW I gonna go practice ghost today night. First time in 3 months(I was also hoping to get new phone for record. 30-minute record max length sux due memory card file system.). I will try make marathon and play against all Ghosts one night.

Should be good practice to 10-ball Finnish Champs that are held 20th-21th day. ;)

Poolmanis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
2017 AZB Ghost Challenge - Official Thread

Results:

Standard Version (Ball-in-Hand After Break)

8-Ball Ghost Ranking
Side Pocket 7-5 W(58%) 10ft modified Brunswick video

9-Ball Ghost Ranking
7-1 W (88%) Sharivari 01/24/2017 9ft *table unidentified* Video
6-7 L (46%) iusedtoberich 01/06/2017 9ft GC 4,5" pockets
6-8 L (46%) Shaunv28 02/28/2017 8ft 5" pockets video
7-2 W (78%) peppersauce 9ft GClll 4.25" pockets video
7-9 L (37% )peppersauce 4/12/2017 9ft GClll 4.25" pocketsvideo
9-7 W (63%) peppersauce 4/17/2017 9ft GClll 4.25" pocketsvideo
7-0 W (100%) Poolmanis 4/20/2017 9ft modified Sam 4.2" pockets video
7-2 W (78%) easy-e 07/15/2017 9ft Diamond 4.5" pockets video
5-7 L (42%) iusedtoberich 10/13/2017 9ft GC 4,5" pockets
7-5 W (58%) Side Pocket 10ft modified Brunswick 4.24 pockets video
7-3 W (70%) peppersauce 12/8/2017 9ft GClll 4.25" pockets video
6-7 L, (46%) jrctherake 12/18/2017 9ft pro am, 4.5 pocket
7-3 W (70%) jrctherake 11/26/2017 9ft pro am, 4.5 pocket

10-Ball Ghost Ranking
7-2 W (78%), dr_dave, 01/25/2017, 9ft Olhausen 5.0 pockets video
7-3 W (70%) peppersauce 9ft GClll 4.25" pockets
4-7 L (64%)peppersauce 9ft GClll 4.25" pockets video
5-7 L (42%)peppersauce 9ft GClll 4.25" pockets video
7-5 W (58%)easy-e 07/23/2017 9ft Diamond 4.5" pocketsvideo

Pro Version (No Ball-in-Hand After Break)

8-Ball Ghost Ranking
7-5 W (58%), Poolmanis 01/09/2017 9ft Sam 4,2" pockets . Video

9-Ball Ghost Ranking

10-Ball Ghost Ranking
7-6 W (54%) Poolmanis 9/5/2017 9ft Sam 4,2" pockets video

List of players who took challenge 2017(trying to add scores too on this list later):

Poolmanis
dr_dave
peppersauce
Side Pocket
jrctherake
easy-e
iusedtoberich
Shaunv28
Sharivari

p.s I updated list and scores. Should be ok but some errors might always get in.
Added jrctherake scores but not yet vids. Should be coming 2018
Added videos from Side pocket+peppersauce 9-ball action.
Also I had forgotten to put mine 10-ball pro ghost on list too(btw starts with four run outs + sick clearance after dry break on 5th break...)

Last edited:

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Poolmanis,

Thanks for adding my humble scores to list.

I just started (~couple weeks) using a predator roadline butt with revo shaft. It is proving to be more difficult than I originally thought it would be to adjust from maple shafts.

I've never performed like a pro with maple so I don't expect the revo to change that.....lol.....but, I am going to wait until I can at pre-revo level of play before posting a vid.

For time being, I'm concentrating on shots with side spin and ball speed as both are very different with the revo.

I'll get a vid up eventually...lol....even if I have to go back to maple to do it.

Rake