Stout case reviews

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
after I called them twice without getting an answer or being able to leave a message, and after sending them an email that never got a response

I will agree.....my emails and messages through my account never got returned. I wanted some case accessories. Nobody is busy when they are taking orders and collecting money...however the product is there. The JB case I ordered was shipped as promised and they followed my shipping instructions. I would not trade it...it's superior to cases costing hundreds more.

Last edited:

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
It's a nice copy. They can afford better customer service with the money they make selling cheaper to build knockoffs with no lifetime warranty.

I WILL make zero excuses. We are a small staff and we focus on super high quality.

There are by my count at least five companies doing knockoffs. All of them do millions in revenue. They can afford more customer service reps to take your orders.

I prefer to continue to invest the bulk of our profits back into quality and innovation and or design website.

So for anyone reading this who can't get ahold of us you now have dozens of knockoffs from several brands to get your something that looks like a JB Case.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Last edited:

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
My personal phone number is listed on the contact us page on our website. Matthew Alston's personal number is listed. I am on Facebook as is he. So maybe someone didn't get an answer through email or by calling the main number but for sure there are several ways to reach us.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
We are currently out in Vegas doing the BCA Nationals. Next week we will be doing the APA. We have somehow managed to also ship 30 custom cases and sell off the wall to customers who called in looking for the limited and unique cases we have.

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
My personal phone number is listed on the contact us page on our website. Matthew Alston's personal number is listed. I am on Facebook as is he. So maybe someone didn't get an answer through email or by calling the main number but for sure there are several ways to reach us.

I started a conversation by Chat on the JB website. I asked questions by chatting.....and got everything worked out as I called Matt. The lines were opened and he was expecting my call. No sales pressure. I'm happy with the transaction.
I have emailed a few times since then about possibly changing the interior and buying few options for the case. Got no response from trying to contact someone/anyone by online communication. Best bet for new buyers is to call or just order something ready to ship. Emailing is worthless. Don't bother. Save time and aggravation.

Last edited:

ddg45

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well I didn't know. I do now.
All I did was post a review of my case and this JB fellow jumped down my throat. Then he went on to state he " doesn't need any more positive reviews" when I asked about buying one so when I went to order 2 more cases I would've ordered his but his tone and disrespect for me pushed me to order two more stout cases instead. I'm very happy with them.
Hey Rackattach. I'm on your side. The JB guy's a little aggressive here. I tried to contact JB cases with a question and neither my call nor my email were ever answered. I got a Stout 3x4 case and it's great. Are JB cases better? Perhaps, but taking a good idea and making it readily available, less expensive, and providing better customer service is called free enterprise.

Type79

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey Rackattach. I'm on your side. The JB guy's a little aggressive here. I tried to contact JB cases with a question and neither my call nor my email were ever answered. I got a Stout 3x4 case and it's great. Are JB cases better? Perhaps, but taking a good idea and making it readily available, less expensive, and providing better customer service is called free enterprise.

"...taking a good idea and making it readily available, less expensive, and providing better customer service is called free enterprise."

In this case, a more accurate description is design theft.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
I started a conversation by Chat on the JB website. I asked questions by chatting.....and got everything worked out as I called Matt. The lines were opened and he was expecting my call. No sales pressure. I'm happy with the transaction.
I have emailed a few times since then about possibly changing the interior and buying few options for the case. Got no response from trying to contact someone/anyone by online communication. Best bet for new buyers is to call or just order something ready to ship. Emailing is worthless. Don't bother. Save time and aggravation.

Sorry, we were busy at the BCA and APA shows during that time. I should have made that clear on the front page of the website.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member

Yes, it's free enterprise, and design theft. And with no warranty it's tantamount to fraud if it's not as good or better and possibly harmful to your cues.

Sorry if I didn't answer your call. I don't have lots of customer service reps. What I do have is lots and lots and lots more customers. That's why those who want the best with a lifetime warranty call unitl they get what they want from us.

I don't really care if you want to buy knockoffs because someone answered the phone. Knockoffs are part of life and it's every person's right to buy the cheapest possible crap that they can find. But in no way do I accept that we give suppar customer service. We deliver the very best cue case made for the price, a better value than any other and it's EASY to prove that. And that IS the highest form of SERVICE that I can give to a customer. Very few of you have the slightest clue how much actual effort goes into every detail of our cases. For some of you it's about superficial cosmetics and someone kissing your asses.

I don't kiss anyone's ass. I build GREAT cases. And I improve those cases each and every day in some way. A copy is a snapshot of wherever my cases were when the copy shop received one to duplicate. To this day I have NEVER seen one that is better than even the one they copied. So by the time you get your knockoff ours are dozens of improvements ahead.

So call me arrogant, call me an asshole, call me whatever you want. If you have not figured it out yet I don't care what you think of me personally because my FOCUS is on building great cases for my customers, the ones who actually placed orders with us. Not potential future customers. People who give up aren't my customers. People who don't get the full benefit of every asshole OCD thing about me when it comes to how I build my cases.

And again, THAT is a level of SERVICE only my customers enjoy.

Rackattach

Banned
Yes, it's free enterprise, and design theft. And with no warranty it's tantamount to fraud if it's not as good or better and possibly harmful to your cues.

Sorry if I didn't answer your call. I don't have lots of customer service reps. What I do have is lots and lots and lots more customers. That's why those who want the best with a lifetime warranty call unitl they get what they want from us.

I don't really care if you want to buy knockoffs because someone answered the phone. Knockoffs are part of life and it's every person's right to buy the cheapest possible crap that they can find. But in no way do I accept that we give suppar customer service. We deliver the very best cue case made for the price, a better value than any other and it's EASY to prove that. And that IS the highest form of SERVICE that I can give to a customer. Very few of you have the slightest clue how much actual effort goes into every detail of our cases. For some of you it's about superficial cosmetics and someone kissing your asses.

I don't kiss anyone's ass. I build GREAT cases. And I improve those cases each and every day in some way. A copy is a snapshot of wherever my cases were when the copy shop received one to duplicate. To this day I have NEVER seen one that is better than even the one they copied. So by the time you get your knockoff ours are dozens of improvements ahead.

So call me arrogant, call me an asshole, call me whatever you want. If you have not figured it out yet I don't care what you think of me personally because my FOCUS is on building great cases for my customers, the ones who actually placed orders with us. Not potential future customers. People who give up aren't my customers. People who don't get the full benefit of every asshole OCD thing about me when it comes to how I build my cases.

And again, THAT is a level of SERVICE only my customers enjoy.

Hey John
You'll be happy to hear I just got my first JB 4x8 case and you're absolutely right it's very high quality. Will I buy more... probably
My only issue was I felt like I was jumped on for reviewing a case (that I didn't know was a knock off of yours) I was just simply writing a review. I've never met you so I can't call you an ass yet! But you make a fine case my friend.

Thanks.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Hey John
You'll be happy to hear I just got my first JB 4x8 case and you're absolutely right it's very high quality. Will I buy more... probably
My only issue was I felt like I was jumped on for reviewing a case (that I didn't know was a knock off of yours) I was just simply writing a review. I've never met you so I can't call you an ass yet! But you make a fine case my friend.

Thanks.

I am glad you like it. Still, I wish you would reread my initial response and I think you would see that I wasn't jumping on you. I was merely addressing the fact that the Stout cases are knockoffs and anything good about them is because it was copied from my work. I don't fault people for buying knockoffs. Most people who do don't even know that they are buying a knockoff and those who do are making a conscious choice to do so. It's their money and they can spend it as they choose on whatever is being offered.

My thing is that in the social space I feel that I have to let people know about knockoffs as much as possible and try to make a solid presentation as to why the original is the better value. I feel that if companies want to knock off my designs then they shouldn't have any problem with me ripping their knockoffs apart to compare them to my original designs. And consumers should appreciate any manufacturer who is willing to be honest and open about how their original designs compare from the inside out. In the absence of an unbiased Consumer Reports type of resource consumers can only rely on manufacturers and testimonials to inform their buying decisions.

My shop is an open door and I am always willing to prove everything I say in public about our cases in person and live on video. I will take on every challenge and every question because the never-ending goal for me is to constantly improve our cases as much as we are able to. That's why I can't allow knockoffs to ride on our "look" without commenting on the shoddy construction and lack of protection that they give.

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Sorry, we were busy at the BCA and APA shows during that time. I should have made that clear on the front page of the website.

Someone could have responded eventually. I would have appreciated a note asking if I'm
still interested. I have 4JB's. I will always look toward buying a JB case before any other and will highly recommend JB to a new buyer.
A simply request..bring the online customer service up a notch...Case closed.. no pun.

Last edited:

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Someone could have responded eventually. I would have appreciated a note asking if I'm
still interested. I have 4JB's. I will always look toward buying a JB case before any other and will highly recommend JB to a new buyer.
A simply request..bring the online customer service up a notch...Case closed.. no pun.
We are trying, not as easy as it might seem.

rtbbf

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There was an original layered tip now there are many are they knockoffs hmmmmm