Oinker Layered Pig Skin Tips

TomHay

Best Tips For Less
Gold Member
Silver Member
Feed back has been great, Buy as many as you want for Sorry, 2/3/13 sale is over with $2.07 Shipping (Sorry Post Office went up). I will soon be selling them for $1.50 per tip as my level off price.

14MM Medium/Hard

Paypal - Tcue@aol.com - Thanks
1Oink.jpg

Last edited:

ELBeau

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You know how to come up with the names, Tom. "Ultra Skin natural" has a certain "je ne sais quoi."
I've been getting good feedback from the "Ultra black" and will have to give a few of these a try.

cuejo

Cue Repair tech
Silver Member
I put an oinker on one of my spare cues and hit a couple racks with it.
I don't personally like medium tips,
Saying that though.
This tip installed as I would expect, shaped nicely, no delaminations, even as I trimmed at a much higher speed than i would have normally.
It burnishes like the ultra skins, that is to say not to a real shiny burnish.
Hits like a nice medium layered tip!

ddcuerepair

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have installed these on my cues and they do play very well. If you are into a lot of spin this tip will give you all you want.

Tom emailed you for 100 more.
Thanks again for a great product.

Palmetto cue

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I put two on. One pressed, the other not. I tend to like the firmer tip/hit, so no surprise I liked the one I pressed better. I thought both played well, and would have no problem recommending these to my customers. Will order more. Thanks Tom! :grin:

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
You can beat a drum and you can beat an egg, but you can't beat a Genuine Bacon Oinker.

Tom sent me a couple of lathe parts and included a few Oinkers to try out.

I plan on putting one on my main player right after the Westerns coming up.

From just a visual inspection, I can say that these are still a quality made tip.

The fact that these don't qualify for the Black Ultra Skin tips speaks volumes on Tom's quality control and obviously the quality of the Black Skins. Tom won't compromise money over quality.

Just the same, the Oinkers can replace many of the repair mans cheaper install tips. California, Elk, Le Pros and Triangles.

Do this and still realize a very nice profit and keep the customers happy at the same time.

Just my Canadian 2 cents, which btw, the Canuckian penny is going by the way of the dinosaur shortly.

Soon, we will have to give a nickels worth.

Last edited:

Vahmurka

...and I get all da rolls
Silver Member
not to knock a good tip like Oinker is, I think it is still good idea to keep non-layered tip like Triangle in stock. There are players who just don't fancy layered tips simply because they hate to play with glue. And another group is those who dislike layered tips because they delaminate sometimes.

But at a price Tom offers the customer won't be hurt if he tries another tip instead of one that delaminated (AND, I'm yet to see a delaminated UltraSkin; they hold pretty well).

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
You're right Murk. I know there are people who prefer a single layer tip.
Most of the people I know, like them because they are the cheapest to install. $15 at my house and a shaft clean and wax.

Give them the choice of a layered tip and they will take one for $15.

I keep the triangles for one guy and I like to press them. They make a pretty decent break tip when pressed.

cueguy

Just a repair guy
Silver Member
Nice!!!

Hey Tom, I setup at the Great Southern Billiard Tour that came through Tuscaloosa yesterday and pushed quite a few of your Oinkers ;-)
They love em - and for this low price, they are going to take the place of "most" of the lower end guys (still get a layered).
Really nice.
Thanks for all you do in the tip market!

ddcuerepair

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Oinker Feedback

I just finished a APA City tournament this weekend and I installed 35 of the Oinker tips and everyone that tried them has loved the way they play.
I got nothing but great feedback from this tip.
So far they are a jam up tip.

AcuraHeel

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What is the difference between the UltraSkin and the Oinker? Feel,Spin, How it plays

Thanks....

BryanC

Racking less than you!
Silver Member
Got that Oinker you stuck in with my UltraSkin order ;)
I did just what you were hoping and put it on my backup shaft just as a test.
I have to say your subtle little sales ploy may have worked on me! I love it. Easy as hell to install, trim, shape, scuff and hits just like a medium should. This might have been the easiest tip install I've ever done (all by hand, I don't use a lathe).
Will be ordering these along with the awesome quality of the UltraSkins. Thanks

***Edit***
You still have them for sale, I hope. Closest I see about selling Oinkers is where you say you are going to start selling them $1.50 each, M or H, as many as we want for $2.07 shipping. Is this the deal now or no?
BC

--Sent from my Samsung Galaxy SII T989 using CM10 Nightlies--

Last edited:

cuejo

Cue Repair tech
Silver Member
I received my first stocking order of oinkers.....
They are a great tip at a super price

Terry Aeschliman

Terry Aeschliman
Gold Member
Silver Member
order

Tom
I just signed up on your new page. As soon as I hear back, I'll be restocking. Thanks for a great product at a greater price. Terry Aeschliman

Chrippa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Great tips for sure, have been giving some for free to some good players and they all like them. Plays real nice - no worries there, the mushrooming is close to none, have not trimmed mine after maybe 15-20 hours of play and if you look very close you can trim it but it´s so, so small. Found the same on all the Ultras that I have sold.
Great tips overall!

Oinkers might not have that great look like a old Moori though, shiny and honey brown but there´s no distraction there and when you play it has no meaning anyway. First time I played with a black was the same thing for me, kind of a new look but after a while....

Have put in a order for 100 Oinkers more.

Chrippa

poolshooter74

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
signed up on your website lastnight, waiting for a confirmation email? but i know i will be ordering some oinkers when i get approved/accepted.

Dirtbmw20

Lee Casto
Silver Member
signed up on your website lastnight, waiting for a confirmation email? but i know i will be ordering some oinkers when i get approved/accepted.

I don't think I got a confirmation email, just a hour or so later I was able to log in. IF I did get an email, it went to my Spam folder and I didn't see it.

TomHay

Best Tips For Less
Gold Member
Silver Member
Sorry guys, there is no confirmation email. Anyone at present who signed up should be able to get in with the user name and pass word they submitted. If you forgot either email me but it must be from the same email address you signed in under. Thanks.

tank69

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I installed an Oinker on the extra shaft of my player. I'm not a huge fan of harder tips nowadays, but I was pleasently surprised at how well the oinker played. Holds chalk well, doesn't glaze over and has a superb hit. I'm really shocked at how well it plays as I wasn't expecting much. You can't go wrong with these for price and playability.