Best Break Cue???

crazycueman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Help!- I am looking to purchase a break cue, could be also a break/jump combo.

Would like to get feedback on which is the best way to go- BK2, Jerico Stinger, Mezz Powerbreak II, Sledgehammer, Tiger Icebreaker or J&J Jump/Break.

I appreciate your feedback.

Thank you,
Crazycueman

mgonfishn

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
stinger 100000000000%..... the break is just as good as any others named, but the jump is farrrrrrrrrr superior... before i went to tom simpsons pool school for a weekend i was able to execute most of what i wanted on the pool table except for a jump. he handed me the stinger and within minutes i was jumping balls.. balls that were and inch or so f rom the other as well.. with an hour or so of practice i jumped a ball 3/4 of the table away for shits n giggles.. its an excellent product.

oldneo

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
You must be talking about the original stinger because now McDermott is making the stinger and it's a piece of junk.

jemerson23

Shoot to Thrill
Silver Member
Rating - 99.2%
117   1   0
I would advise you to look at the OB break, or atleast the shaft. That thing is amazing! I had a Fury which used to be rated one of the best, this blew it away!
GL
Jon

know it all

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
jumpcue

I have a original black X breaker / break jump cue for sale this is by far the BEST. 325.00 shipped.Rich

12squared

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
176   0   0
If you decide on an Ice Breaker, I have one that I would sell. Just PM me and we'll discuss it.

Dave

butterfriendly

Big Shots Sports Bar
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I myself would have to recommend one of are fellow AZer's jump/break cues. Chad of CAM cues makes a phenomenal j/b cue that breaks and jumps as good or better than anything out there and the price isn't out of reach either. If your looking for one that's a little cheaper the Cannon j/b is a great cue also. I had a Cannon before I got my CAM and I had a line of about 4 friends that wanted to buy my Cannon when I got my CAM and decided to sell the Cannon and it only cost around $170 new.

Guerra Cues

I build one cue at a time
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
374   0   0
I've had every break and jump break cue in the market in order on each category, these are my favorites:

Break cue: Mezz Power Break II - I have them. Pm me for more info.
Custom Jump/Break: Rick Howard "Mace" - I have one with a leather wrap. Will let got for $375.00 shipped and it is brand new.
Production jump/break: Tiger Icebreaker (has the ability to do long and short jumps). Awesome cue. 12squared has one that was mine but I can get you one as well brand new if you wish.

Last edited:

Chrippa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Lomax

Help!- I am looking to purchase a break cue, could be also a break/jump combo.

Would like to get feedback on which is the best way to go- BK2, Jerico Stinger, Mezz Powerbreak II, Sledgehammer, Tiger Icebreaker or J&J Jump/Break.

I appreciate your feedback.

Thank you,
Crazycueman

Do a search for Steve Lomax. Best breakcue I have ever tried!

Chrippa

leehayes

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
41   0   0
I have a Hightower break cue. Everyone who has ever used it is amazed by it.
Chris is also an AZ member

8Ball48043

Addicted to the Sport
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
65   0   0
For a break cue ... For my money ... Nothing beats an old Schmelke cue with their #1 Brass to Brass joint and a Hard Water Buffalo tip.

Just my $0.02

cuedoctor

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
60   0   0
If I had a jump/break for sale it would be the best one on the planet but I don't:). I had a mezz break cue and it was great and my teamates through it was the best they ever hit but I sold it like every other cue I have owned and now I have a BK2. All though it has a phenolic/leather? mix tip it holds chaulk better than a all phenolic tip and you can hit it off center and it doesn't mis-cue or feel funny. I dont like to jump so a jump/break doesnt matter to me (I have a short jumper that works fine). I know bk2 has some issues with there joint breaking but from all the posts about that it seems the breaker has something to do with that by bending the shaft into the table. Right now I would swear by the bk2....I have been making balls on the break and the cue ball not scratching and i notice the better control. The mezz worked very well also...better than all phenolic tiped cue, it has a similiar tip . Another issue is will all phenolic tips be banned by other leagues like the bca has???? . I don't know if the mezz or bk2 would fit there ban definitions but I have seen threads here on az with photos of the damage they are doing to the balls.

trustyrusty

I'm better with a wedge!
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
I have a beautiful Cocobolo Steve Lomax J/B with a lizard wrap. This is the cue that a lot of pros are now using. You can get this one without the wait shipped to your door for $425.00.
It is an amazing J/B cue.
It is $650 retail.

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=161687

Thank you,
Michael

Michael, post again somewhere, any thread - your # of posts clashes with your moniker. Just a heads up buddy! :grin:

mrinsatiable

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
45   0   0

here are my favorites:

Mezz powerbreak II: I own this and many other intermediate players find this a great break cue with fantastic results.

Tiger Icebreaker: I demoed this at the trade shows and found this break cue to be excellent and have two different lengths to jump.

Richard Chan's x-breaker: One of the most unique and powerful break cues on the planet. For those with a little extra muscle this break cue can explode the rack. This jump/break cue can jump with amazing ease.

milos1973

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 87.5%
7   1   0
Best Break and Jump cue

Hi,
i use now the Poison VX B/J cue and the truth is, this is the best cue i ever had, and i had a lot of B/J cues in my life....if you get one then take it.......
Kind Regards Milos