Help ID a Cue, it has a 'Pr' and a box around the letters in the BUTT

acedonkeyace

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
please help ID this cue, is it a USA cue, or an import!??

When were these made and what are the value of this or these cues?

Please help me ID this cue, thanks

mike 'acedonkeyace' kennedy

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
OK, so you didn't like the answer you received in the Main forum so you decided to ask over here.

Changing forums won't change it into a Paul Rubino.

I can see you doing the mating dance of the Ruffed Grouse around your Pr cue at this very moment chanting Paul Rubino, Paul Rubino.
Sorry bud, that won't work either.

Big P little r? Pr. I paid well under $100 for mine on EBay.
I completely re did mine. It plays very nice and worth every penny I paid for it.

Post a pic and a price if you don't mind.

Last edited:

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There was one for identification in the forums within the last three months. I don't remember if it was identified.

I have seen several of these cues. I believe it's a Taiwan cue. I believe they may have been made in the same factory as the Cobras and Mizerak cues, but not 100% sure. Max value on such a cue is probably about $75.00 IMHO.

carguy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Oh, a wise guy, eh?

"I can see you doing the mating dance of the Ruffed Grouse around your Pr cue at this very moment chanting Paul Rubino, Paul Rubino.
Sorry bud, that won't work either."

Damn, man! Coffee all over everything! Give me a break!! That is sicko!
That is really funny!

Robin

danutz

Banned
I can see you doing the mating dance of the Ruffed Grouse around your Pr cue at this very moment chanting Paul Rubino, Paul Rubino.
Sorry bud, that won't work either.

LOL, 2 funny:D

Last edited:

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sir, you are an evil man bringing that here.........

I am so ashamed........

I played with the man in the chicken suit last night...... :embarrassed2:

acedonkeyace

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for all the COLORFUL, remarks, I know that this cue is not PAUL RUBINO,

I never claimed it was, I was expecting it to be an import of some type, what I didnt know, was it a decent quality import? Where was it made? When were these made? And, finally, do you know what the actual name of the 'Pr' was?

Thanks for your input

mike 'acedonkeyace' kennedy

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
Like I mentioned, Craig (Manwon) was the one that spoke up in another thread. He didn't mention any other specifics other than he knew it was an import. It would be interesting to know what the pr stands for too.

As for mine. It was from EBay and the seller suggested that it may be a Paul Rubino. Now, that was a few years ago now and I have a much better Cue Maker forum education now. I had sent Paul a pic of the cue and found out it wasn't one of his early cues. Thats why I was teasin ya cause I got a little rubbery thinking it was a real PR. Altho I seriously didn't think so considering the price I paid for it.

I did a re wrap, finish, added a stiff taper shaft and changed the pin to a 3/8ths x 10. Mine is just a Merry Widow. I have to say that it is one of the best players that I own and I wouldn't sell it for anything. Just goes to show ya, a $75 cue and it can play good.

Maybe I just got lucky or the wrap and finish I did was magic.

Ya know, it could happen. In a Disney movie it could anyway.

Last edited:

prulhiere cues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I posted on the other thread. If it has the same logo it is a mid 80's to late 80's import form (I believe) Taiwan, called Penray. I know, because I used to have one in 1989 til about 6 years ago. It was 200 or so back then in a local cue shop we had in my town. I bought it because I liked it and I knew nothing about cues then. I hope this helps. Bye the way. It is near impossible to find any info on this cue.

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You just solved a real mystery. We've been trying to place these for a while!

:thumbup:

I figured they were Taiwan cues......

acedonkeyace

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This cue is from 1984-1989, made by

company in Japan that also produced the Adams, Helmstetter, Robert Weir, Raymond Calvert and Stramboulini Cues.

The company that ordered these cues to be made is: Penn Ray Sutra Corporation, a subsidiary of BE company in England.

The 'Pr' is for Penn-Ray

These are a Full-Splice cue, with the typical cheap ferrule (plastic) and le-pro tip. It has a 5/16x18 pin of stainless with 4 points 4-veneers and a nice box-splice in the butt section.

These cues sold in the 1980s for between $200 and $375, which was a lot in the 1980's. They also offered basic merry-widow cues for $75.

I have the original Penn-Ray Catalog from 1984 that shows the cues.

Hope this helps, nice find, not too many around.

Mike 'acedonkeyace' Kennedy

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You mean the one that looks like this:

$T2eC16hHJHQE9nzEzv2CBQw7-M(7n!~~60_57.JPG