torino pool cue

scolaw

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi just found a pool cue in my dad's attack he said that a local pool hall owner gave it to him back in the 60's. It says torino with a V underneath it and then says made in Italy. I was just wondering if anyone knows anything about these cues. I have searched the internet with no luck. If anyone knows anything just let me know.
Thanks

BHQ

we'll miss you
Silver Member
Hi just found a pool cue in my dad's attack he said that a local pool hall owner gave it to him back in the 60's. It says torino with a V underneath it and then says made in Italy. I was just wondering if anyone knows anything about these cues. I have searched the internet with no luck. If anyone knows anything just let me know.
Thanks

attic? :thumbup:
the torinos i have seen have been butterfly cues
not very well made
they used ramin wood alot
guy sent me two to convert,
i had to pass up on them

scolaw

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yeah thats it it's a butterfly design and not done very well. I didn't figure it was much of a cue but just thought i would check around to see if anyone had heard on them. Thanks for the info i'll try to get some pics up tonight.

guycrunch

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
being italian i couldn't live without a torino cue so i own two. one has been converted but not done well and the other is original. they are both butterfly designs. the workmanship is not great and they are not worth anything except my heritage to me.

guy

scolaw

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
here some pics.

Attachments

• 143.jpg
    143.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 2,074
  • 142.jpg
    142.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 2,021
  • 144.jpg
    144.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 1,931

scolaw

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This cue rolls straight as a string apart but has a bad wobble when together. Does anyone know why this would happen?

BHQ

we'll miss you
Silver Member
This cue rolls straight as a string apart but has a bad wobble when together. Does anyone know why this would happen?
i've only seen one piece torinos
didnt know they made a two piece version
or someone might have "converted" it????????????