Who is/was the Best Trick Shot AND Pool Player

TWOFORPOOL

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There has been a few threads about trick shot artist being B players and trick shot artist being world class players. Who is/was the best all round trick shot artist and pool player?

Two players come to my mind:

Mike Massey - The best all round trick shot pool player ever?

Jack White - This guy could play!

Comments will be appreciated.

ironman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There has been a few threads about trick shot artist being B players and trick shot artist being world class players. Who is/was the best all round trick shot artist and pool player?

I would surrely have to take a ticket am Mike Massey here. Mike is pretty darned good all round player and plays all games at leat pretty good.

Mike spent some tugh years on the road many moons ago and beat some pretty good players. I watche he and Denny Searcy play in Dnever on the bar box and it was a heck of a match. It seems after a bout 10-12 hours they broke even.

Mike also just love s to play 14.1 and really loves to play 50-no count!

He also plays pretty fair 1 pocket too!

Not much is said about this, but Louie Roberts was another who was a pretty darned good trick shot guy. I watched him do an exhibition also in Denver at the Denver Open and one of the best exhibitions I ever saw.

He tried to put the bite on woner Frank Burgess for $200. Framk told him he would just gibe him $200 to do the hour long exhibition. Louie jumped at it and really brought the house down. Louie really had the personality for that sort of thing. What a shame he passed so young!!

maha

from way back when
Silver Member
cue ball kelly played well and was one of the best exhibition players ever.
mosconi didnt do alot of them but was great of course.
so was the miz

norm webber could play and was one of the most entertaining trick shot artists around.

when winnie beenie got the crowd together all stopped for him.

Jason Koopman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mike Massey. Not sure if he actually won any majors but I do know that he had numerous top 3 finishes in some biggies (at least in the 90's).

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Bob...Even though I'm a "protege" of Jack White's (as is Max Eberle), while Jack is an excellent showman, and an accomplished player, I'd have to give the overall skill title nod, to Mr. Massey too! :D Tell you one thing though...Jack made a LOT more $$$ than Massey overall (over a 40-50 yr career)! Once Mike became famous, though, he commanded a much higher fee! I've been fortunate to perform with both of them (individually), in exhibitions around the country, and enjoyed every minute of it! :D

Scott Lee
www.poolknowledge.com

Hambone

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mike Massey most likely is the best trick shot/player today.
As for who was the best ever I would have to give Ralph Greenleaf
the nod. With around 20 world championship titles its really
not even close in my opinion.

PMS

Banned
I guess you're not including 3 cushion
picture.php

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
For pool, it's Mike Massey.

If all cuesports are considered, however, only Semih Sayginer is both a world champion and a masterful trick shot artist.

Andrew Manning

Aspiring know-it-all
Silver Member

If all cuesports are considered, however, only Semih Sayginer is both a world champion and a masterful trick shot artist.

I agree. IMO he's the most impressive trick shot artist on the planet, and he's up there with the greatest 3-cushion players as well. While Massey could surely play, he was never in the elite stratosphere of pool players the way Sayginer is in 3C.

-Andrew

watchez

What time is it?
Silver Member
Mike Massey without a doubt....

My buddy, Spitball Charlie Darling, would be considered a solid 'A' player.

TWOFORPOOL

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I saw this guy on TV and he was amazing! The question I have to ask though is: Are the billiard balls freshly waxed? Makes a big difference on how much english you can apply.

TWOFORPOOL

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I agree. IMO he's the most impressive trick shot artist on the planet, and he's up there with the greatest 3-cushion players as well. While Massey could surely play, he was never in the elite stratosphere of pool players the way Sayginer is in 3C.

-Andrew

Very good point!

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member
Mike without a doubt, and showmanship/personality equal to his play, he does it with a cuestick, fingers and cards. Like Jay said, every one else is second, plus don't know anyone that could do 50 two handed pushups as fast as Mike used to do one handed, he's truly an amazing all around person, humble like Efren.

DRW

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Goin with Mike M

I've seen Mike's exhibitions dozens of times over the years and saw him play in a few tournaments and have to give him the nod.

ROB.M

:)
Silver Member
Massey is the grand champion world trick shot champ...he hold the title....if u are interested in seeing him do his trick shot magic in person I know of a show in the works in the miodwest...I'm sure most of u will hear about it when it gos down...I will only tell u this is in the works process of show..might fall threw...don't get to pumped..I will let ya guys know as soon as I do..