Alfie Taylor's book

Alf Taylor

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just want to thank Lou Figueroa, Billy Porter, Freddy The Beard, San Jose Dick and the others for saying so many nice things about my new book,
The Other Side Of The Road...A Pool Hustler's Tale.
Quite a few orders have come in, one as far away as Moscow. The new printing shoud be here in about two weeks and those of you who, so kindly ordered one will be contacted.

My next book From The High Atlas To the UN doesn't contain any pool but it will take you from my travels by donkey into Morocco's High Atlas Mts in 75, buying carpets to my speaking at the UN for Morocco, for UNESCO,in 94

I admit the straight life isn't as exciting as the old four and a half by nine life...but it's the best thing I have going.

Keep it nice. Alfie

Raggedy Andy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hello, Alfie

Greetings, Alfie. It has been quite some time since I saw you, but I still remember you, and you should remember me. I worked at Weldon's pool room in Tucson many years ago. You were definitely one of the good guys. I also saw you in Santa Fe, a couple of times when I lived up there and you were selling your rugs. Anyway, it is good to know you are still around, and it sounds like things have been going well for you. Peace to you, bro.....Andy

Alf Taylor

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Greetings, Alfie. It has been quite some time since I saw you, but I still remember you, and you should remember me. I worked at Weldon's pool room in Tucson many years ago. You were definitely one of the good guys. I also saw you in Santa Fe, a couple of times when I lived up there and you were selling your rugs. Anyway, it is good to know you are still around, and it sounds like things have been going well for you. Peace to you, bro.....Andy

Hello Andy.
I don't know how I missed your thread until now, but it's good to hear from you. Thanks for contacting me.
I saw Weldon a few years back when Eddie Taylor and I were going through Knoxville to pick out his headstone. Weldon owned a pool room and when the word that Eddie was in town a bunch of his old friends showed up. What a nice evening we all had. Weldon is now a fishing nut. He will drive twenty or thirty miles to fish for one kind of fish that he uses for bait at a lake another twenty or thirty miles away. He's true brother. I wrote a good story about us traveling together, in my new book. Stay in touch, my friend.
Keep it nice. Alfie

Gum9Ball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hello Alfie, Just wanted to know when and how I can order my copy of your book. I heard you came thru Tucson recently stopping in at Click's. Sorry I missed you, we could have had a good practice session as in the past.

George Teyechea

putt-putt44

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
''Alfie's book'''

Hi Alfie,,,!

I just received my copy today..

I can't wait to start reading it,,,

Great quality,,,awesome pictures,,especially those in color !

Eddie has got to be smilin' down on ya !!

Thanks for such an incredable read,,

Your pal,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Alan Ende,,,,,,,,,,!!!

Alf Taylor

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi Alfie,,,!

I just received my copy today..

I can't wait to start reading it,,,

Great quality,,,awesome pictures,,especially those in color !

Eddie has got to be smilin' down on ya !!

Thanks for such an incredable read,,

Your pal,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Alan Ende,,,,,,,,,,!!!

Good morning Alan.
Glad your book arrived. I hope I can still be your pal after you read it. I sure don't come off like Tom Cruise....But some of the spots I found myself in would make Tom run for cover.
Keep it nice. Alfie

jimmyg

Mook! What's a Mook?
Silver Member
I believe that the intended purpose of this section is show respect for, friendship to, and share memories of, deceased AzB members.

May be the respectful thing to ask Mike or Dave to remove this thread from here and place it elsewhere. Thanks. J

"AzB Hall of Fame
This is the place to remember those we have lost."

Last edited:

thommy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Bought it, read it, loved it!

Got one up as a donation to Amanda, you bid more than $35, I'll buy it from
Alfie and have him send it to ya. Alfie, gets his $, Amanda gets a little help from her friends . . .

Whoinell wouldn't like that??:grin:

allya'll step up now, ya'hear??

mark8950

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rug shop with steve moore

Alfie, this is sparky! Have steve call me at 1-940-613-5420 in texas. Thanks lol on your book i still have the rug book u wrote 10 yrs ago!