United Billiards Inc.

RayBell

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey all. I just picked up an older table made by United Billiards Inc. Its a typical "bar box" style, slate bed, coin operated, 7 foot table. Kind of resembles any Valley table that you might see in a bar room. It seems well constructed. I have just never heard of that manufacturer before.

Has anybody heard of them?? And/or could anyone tell me how old it may be???

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
Hey all. I just picked up an older table made by United Billiards Inc. Its a typical "bar box" style, slate bed, coin operated, 7 foot table. Kind of resembles any Valley table that you might see in a bar room. It seems well constructed. I have just never heard of that manufacturer before.

Has anybody heard of them?? And/or could anyone tell me how old it may be???

They had a factory in Amityville, Long Island, NY. It was still there when I left for FL. in 1980, but probably closed or in China by now. I believe it was a copy of a Valley. Johnnyt

RayBell

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
After getting the table home, I see that there is a decal that reads "United Billiards, Inc. Union, NJ" Still cannot find much about them. Looking into Amityville, NY, the company there was called U.S. Billiards, not United Billiards. Close name, but not the same company. So, I guess I'll keep on looking for info...

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
After getting the table home, I see that there is a decal that reads "United Billiards, Inc. Union, NJ" Still cannot find much about them. Looking into Amityville, NY, the company there was called U.S. Billiards, not United Billiards. Close name, but not the same company. So, I guess I'll keep on looking for info...

Opps...sorry about that. I lived only a few blocks from their factory too. Now the long term memory is getting bad. Johnnyt

Mr. Bond

Orbis Non Sufficit
Gold Member
Silver Member
United Billiards was founded around October or November of 1965 by a man named Arthur (Art) Daddis. [ At 9-17 Loretto St. Newark, NJ ]
(the building is still there)

Mr. Daddis was already a veteran of the coin-op industry (since 1933) having worked for every major juke-box manufacturer, and, the pool table producers: Irving Kaye, National Billiards, and U.S. Billiards of Amityville NY.

United Billiards.JPG

Last edited:

RayBell

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
United Billiards was founded around October or November of 1965 by a man named Arthur (Art) Daddis. [ At 9-17 Loretto St. Newark, NJ ]
(the building is still there)

Mr. Daddis was already a veteran of the coin-op industry (since 1933) having worked for every major juke-box manufacturer, and, the pool table producers: Irving Kaye, National Billiards, and U.S. Billiards of Amityville NY.

View attachment 292645

Nice! Thanks! That little bit is still more than I could find. The table in the pic is not the table I have. But, it has the same logo. Definitely on the right track... :cool: